Rangers 4 Livi 3 Weird Game at Ibrox back in 2002

Didn't we take Ferguson at 4-0 to rest him for the the Old Firm match the following weekend and utterly collapse after the substitution ?
I’m not surprised.

He should have won the Balon D’or that season IMO.

Remember it well. I got a phone call at half time from my wife who was in tears. We'd just moved into a new house in Livingston the day before and she was lost and couldn't find it!

It’s odd how we remember some games rather well and not others, apart from Cup Finals or scudding the tärriers. The Livi game went from the sublime to the ridiculous. There we were, 4-0 up and coasting. Livi get a goal back, then a second. When the 3rd went in I was raging. We ended up hanging on for the final whistle. All the goals, ours and Livi’s, were scored at the Broomloan end.

I remember Livi getting polite applause for scoring what appeared to be two consolation goals - both crackers. It was only when they got a third, it got serious.

I don't remember them throwing everything at us or piling on pressure, they just scored three good goals out of nowhere.

For teams that park the bus at Ibrox a lesson that if you try to play football you will concede goals but you also might score a few.

I’m still amazed that Livy had a guy, who two years later, would score for Argentina.

Was the game before we beat Celtic 3-2 at Ibrox to put us top of the league if I remember correctly. Think we switched off v Livi and were ahead to Old Firm game. Sure we even took off Craig Moore at half time and replaced him with Bob Malcolm so that might explain the Livi comeback.
Moore is still on at Livi's 3rd goal which was the 86th minute at the boy runs beyond Moore for the goal.

Bollan was sent off for them at 4-2 as well.

I remember Livi getting polite applause for scoring what appeared to be two consolation goals - both crackers. It was only when they got a third, it got serious.

I don't remember them throwing everything at us or piling on pressure, they just scored three good goals out of nowhere.

For teams that park the bus at Ibrox a lesson that if you try to play football you will concede goals but you also might score a few.

That last few minutes we were fearing the worst. Just a bizarre 90 minutes, tbh.

The 2005 League Cup semi against Dundee United (Barry’s return) was a strange one.

We went 2-0 up then they got one back. Big Mark De Vries had a shot that hit both posts and we looked extremely vulnerable. Thankfully we scored five goals afterwards but the game was a lot tighter than the scoreline suggested.

EDIT: after watching the highlights it wasn’t De Vries that hit the posts, it was Mark Kerr. They’re like identical twins TBF.

There was also a game against Falkirk at the start of the 2007/08 season. It was to-and-fro but we scored a few goals at the end to make it look like a hammering. It was the closest 7-2 game you’ll ever see.
That was a truly awful Rangers squad. Shuddered reading the line up! Didn’t get much better the following seasons either until the return of Walter.

Back