Rangers Charity Foundation make couples dreams come true with marriage at Ibrox

Bonnyloyal

A RANGERS-supporting couple who both tragically have terminal illnesses had their dreams come true when they got married at Ibrox.

Jeannie Millan, 39, and William Brand, 49, could not afford to tie the knot due to shelling out for medicine for William’s Motor Neurone Disease.

It was a “dream come true” to be married at Ibrox
His doting wife Jeannie also suffers heart failure as a result of chemotherapy she went through for leukemia.

The couple, from Haldane in Dunbartonshire, currently live off of benefits with their three children, two of whom are disabled.

They were devastated when they were told that William would die before his 50th birthday – but the Rangers Charity Foundation were so moved by their story that they arranged and paid for a wedding at the stadium on last Saturday.

The couple were short of funds due to William’s treatment
Jeannie told The Scottish Sun: “It was fantastic. More than a dream come true. We couldn’t have asked for it to be any better.

“My heart failure means I can’t get stressed and a wedding is a stressful thing but they took all the pressure off.

“The whole day was just so magical and we could never have had that kind of day without them. Even if we were in good health and had the money we couldn’t have arranged it.

“We were able to have a first dance which was great. They’ve made a dying man’s wish come true. It’s given him a new lease of life and another reason to fight harder.”

The couple are massively grateful to the Rangers Charity Foundation
Jeannie contacted the Rangers Charity Foundation to see if they could help and the couple were given a signed ball which they raffled off to raise £400.

But they were shocked to then be contacted and told they would get their whole big day paid for.

She added: “They went above and beyond. Never in a million years would we have been able to do that. They deserve so much credit.

“We only asked for a bit of help because we’ve been through such hardship.

Tragic Rangers fan who died of cancer at the age of just 27 has football match organised in her honour next to Ibrox
“Billy’s proposed three times but we couldn’t justify marriage when the money could go on the medicine”.

The couple have been shipping over groundbreaking treatment Deeanna Protocol shipped over from the US in a a bid to help William.

The £300-a-month medicine was developed by Dr Vincent Tedone, whose daughter Deeana contracted Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).

And although it’s not a cure, it has been effective in slowing the effects of the fatal disease with the couple believing it is has improved William’s condition.

Jeannie had contacted the Rangers Charity Foundation but did not expect the whole day to be paid for
Jeannie said: “When he was diagnosed we were devastated.

“For about a year I never slept, I was constantly researching.

“And I came across a story about a father who had developed a protocol for his daughter.

“It’s given us hope. It slows it right down and regains muscle.

“When he was told he was going to die before his 50th he had been too scared to tell me his protocol had run out because we couldn’t afford more.

“He literally couldn’t talk or walk so when our daughter got paid the first thing she did was bought some.”

Rangers Charity Foundation Director Connal Cochrane said: “The Rangers Charity Dream Fund exists to make the dreams come true of as many people as possible who are in need of a boost.

“The Foundation has a proud tradition of assisting those less fortunate and when we heard Jeannie and William’s story we wanted to do everything we could to help fulfil their wish.

“The strength they have shown during such difficult times is unbelievable and we hope their wedding day at Ibrox gave all the family a day full of memories to cherish.

“On behalf of the Rangers Family we wish them all the very best.

One of the most heartfelt yet beautiful things I have read on here.

Their suffering and unfortunate situation with them and their family is simply incredible.

Very emotional reading that.

We may have some differences and have arguments from time time but it's things like this that make you realise how lucky we all are to be part of the Rangers family.

Well done Rangers. Me and my wife have a similar life. Worked for over 15 years and was in the middle of retraining as a Nurse when my wife became disabled due to two auto immune disorders. Mostly bed bound now and also registered blind.

It a very difficult life as a carer and I constantly feel we are scrutinised by DWP, PIP etc.

I don’t know how much longer my wife has got and the stress gets to you at times.

However it is good to see Rangers doing this for this couple and I hope they had a great day.:)

Well done Rangers. Me and my wife have a similar life. Worked for over 15 years and was in the middle of retraining as a Nurse when my wife became disabled due to two auto immune disorders. Mostly bed bound now and also registered blind.

It a very difficult life as a carer and I constantly feel we are scrutinised by DWP, PIP etc.

I don’t know how much longer my wife has got and the stress gets to you at times.

However it is good to see Rangers doing this for this couple and I hope they had a great day.:)
Sorry to hear about your wife Jaws 11, can't be easy. Wishing you both all the best.

Back