Official Rangers FC Unveil New ‘Rangers READY’ Concept

mdingwall

Administrator

angers FC Unveil New ‘Rangers READY’ Concept

RANGERS Football Club are today thrilled to unveil ‘Rangers READY’ – an all-new nationwide concept in children’s football development in Scotland.

Rangers READY will further enhance our Academy’s offering to young people not only in the Glasgow area, but right across Scotland. Seven new centres will open across the country including cities such as Aberdeen, Edinburgh, and Dundee.

This innovative, exciting offering for young, primary-aged kids allows them to learn, grow and explore in a fun and engaging environment that supports and challenges young people who desire to learn and develop in a playful and creative way. In addition, it will see Rangers build strong relationships with the grassroots football community. This, however, is not a ‘community programme’ as driven by our Academy, Rangers READY is free for the selected kids and a genuine attempt to change how we develop young footballers in their earliest years experiencing the game. Those selected kids will be chosen by Rangers’ extensive scouting network to come and experience the Rangers READY programme.

Rangers READY is designed to allow children to develop a love for the game and, perhaps most importantly, the ball. As such, Academy Head of Coaching, Zeb Jacobs, has designed a unique, evidence-based play programme, taking his own experiences in Belgium and combing them with lots of research from countries such as Germany, that is exciting, fun and will stimulate curiosity.

All of the team delivering Rangers READY will offer a unique and different programme full of playfulness, movement skills and lots of competitive 1v1 to 3v3 practice designed to create a strong long-term love of the sport.

Rangers READY is an all-new concept, which young people and their parents will feel from the moment they arrive at the venue, different from any Academy model previously implemented. There is no retention or release for kids this young, only fun and games, and that is why every block will see all players leave the centre at the end of the term and new invites issued for the following school term. We don’t believe in the existing model of labelling six, seven and eight-year-olds ‘elite’ and adding pressure to an already challenging childhood. We want to offer parents and their kids a new alternative and hopefully create an affinity with the club that will make Rangers their preferred choice when selection occurs at an older age.

Rangers Academy Director, Craig Mulholland, commented: “Our team have worked on developing the new Rangers READY concept for almost a year. Our starting point was that we simply don’t believe in labelling kids who may only have been playing the game for less than 12 months ‘elite’.

“All of the research Zeb has led tells us we need to change how children learn. We must engage with them and create that love of the game in a playful way. We also spoke with many parents and didn’t like the pressure they felt when professional clubs became involved, so we decided to create a different offering which will benefit Rangers, Scottish football, and most importantly, the parents and the child. So, whether you are attending the Rangers READY in Aberdeen or the Ayrshire, the feeling, the environment and the research-based content will be the same. We looked at what they do in Portugal, France, Germany, Belgium and many other countries and are now really clear on what we want engagement with Rangers to feel like when the kids are so young. We are really excited by this new concept which we believe will change the pre-Academy space in our country.

Rangers Head of Coaching, Zeb Jacobs, added: “We looked closely to research about optimal learning environments and tried to understand how a child learns. Based on the outcomes, we saw that ‘play’ needs to be at the heart of Rangers READY. So, together as a team, we have designed an exciting ‘play programme’ based on research, best practice and experience that allows children to explore and develop in a unique and playful environment. This is why we speak about a ‘play programme’ and not a curriculum, a child and not a player and an experience and not a pathway.”

This is a fantastic concept for poorer kids too and hopefully give more kids the chance to get into football if they have a talent to nuture.
I wonder how many kids there are who fail to realise their potential in football and just go out and do other jobs for the sake of a wage.

I’ll go for post 37 on here before anyone finds a massive negative in it and an opportunity to bash the club.

Well done Rangers FC.

That really is great to see.

The Dutch have been doing this for years. Just teach kids how to love the game and learn how to control and use a ball in a fun environment, without competitive matches.

By the time they introduce competitive matches, all the kids can actually PLAY football. I really hope this is the beginning of a national sea change in the way we teach our kids to play. It’ll hugely enhance our league standards and our national team’s hopes

Screenshot-2023-03-11-11-57-04-221-edit-com-instagram-android.jpg

Go further.

Get players to visit Yorkhill and other hospitals with deserving patients without a Christmas photo shoot. (Maybe they already do?)

Let players go to schools and encourage youngsters to get out and play football/sports and leave their smart phones in the house and try and get them to limit their time on their PS5s and XBoxes.

Which is probably a well, nigh impossible task. However, maybe we would unearth that one unexpected gem because of the message.

Oh, and btw, this is not a dig at this new iniative.

Go further.

Get players to visit Yorkhill and other hospitals with deserving patients without a Christmas photo shoot. (Maybe they already do?)

Let players go to schools and encourage youngsters to get out and play football/sports and leave their smart phones in the house and try and get them to limit their time on their PS5s and XBoxes.

Which is probably a well, nigh impossible task. However, maybe we would unearth that one unexpected gem because of the message.

Oh, and btw, this is not a dig at this new iniative.

Totally agree, anything that encourages youngsters to get involved with football is a massive positive. It seems a brilliant initiative that'll be fun for kids, plus it might provide that 'wee spark' to encourage them to keep involved. There's so many youngsters with potential that lose interest at a young age, as they prefer playing football on their games consoles with their pals. Hopefully this initiative might help keep some of them involved in playing on the park with their pals. Let's all hope it's a success.

Totally agree, anything that encourages youngsters to get involved with football is a massive positive. It seems a brilliant initiative that'll be fun for kids, plus it might provide that 'wee spark' to encourage them to keep involved. There's so many youngsters with potential that lose interest at a young age, as they prefer playing football on their games consoles with their pals. Hopefully this initiative might help keep some of them involved in playing on the park with their pals. Let's all hope it's a success.
For me it's a win win.

You have a wee Rangers fan(s) in assembly and a Rangers player talking on stage.

Keep practising your skills and keep fit.

You are taking that home personally.

How was your day at school son?

Aw, a Rangers player told me I should keep on being fit. Where's my strip ma?

For me it's a win win.

You have a wee Rangers fan(s) in assembly and a Rangers player talking on stage.

Keep practising your skills and keep fit.

You are taking that home personally.

How was your day at school son?

Aw, a Rangers player told me I should keep on being fit. Where's my strip ma?

Spot-on, it genuinely gets any youngster's interest raised when being advised by someone from 'your team'.

Not enough children play football you hardly ever see kids out knocking a ball about playing 10 a side. Hence the dearth of talent when was the last time we had a decent striker or winger come through the ranks.

do you play without keepers in Giffnock

I’ve been taking my son to one of the soccer academy sessions the last few weeks, don’t know how the club can run it… 1 other kid there the first couple of weeks, only one there this week. It’s great for him as he’s getting 1-1 coaching, and being relatively late to the football thing, needs the help, but for the club paying the coach and facility its a loss maker, unless it gets written off as social value, assume some of the other ones are better attended.

Seems like a great initiative. Anything to get youngsters playing football instead of hanging about causing mischief.

Sounds like what they've always done, only under a different name.
Hand picking the best players to come and train.

Excellent initiative however disappointed at the club ommiting Inverness and Highlands out of this. Aberdeen isn't just a wee bit down road it's a 2 hour plus trek. The mainland Highlands and Isle of Lewis has a large following that club should tap into more on all aspects.

I’ll go for post 37 on here before anyone finds a massive negative in it and an opportunity to bash the club.

Well done Rangers FC.
Zeb Jacobs was brought in under Gio's backroom staff and appointed by Ross Wilson. Heads must roll. Protest at the Greig statue before the next home game.

Phew.... Made it with 3 posts to spare.

good idea not to put the Rangers crest on the strips.
We don`t want them subjected to any nonsense and it takes pressure off them.

Zeb Jacobs was brought in under Gio's backroom staff and appointed by Ross Wilson. Heads must roll. Protest at the Greig statue before the next home game.

Phew.... Made it with 3 posts to spare.
Zeb Jacobs was nothing to do with Gios backroom staff, he was headhunted by beale before he left for Villa for the youth.

Great way of keeping tabs on the kids in our scouting system, who aren’t ready to be signed yet. As well as pick up other unknown potential gems.

There’s no downside to this that I can see.

I’ve been taking my son to one of the soccer academy sessions the last few weeks, don’t know how the club can run it… 1 other kid there the first couple of weeks, only one there this week. It’s great for him as he’s getting 1-1 coaching, and being relatively late to the football thing, needs the help, but for the club paying the coach and facility its a loss maker, unless it gets written off as social value, assume some of the other ones are better attended.

Took my 5 year old to the football with Santa at Ravenscraig and he loved it. Looked up the courses after that and the nearest one was 3.30 on a Friday at Hamilton which was no use for me with work but also tight for him given school finishes at 3 so just left it.

It's good the club are taking the approach they are I help coach with a 2017 side and spoke to another teams coach who does 2017s as well as 2016s and Rangers signed one of their 2016 boys. Think that's wrong especially at the age of 6 possibly 7 years old just let them play football even more so when it's only fun matches of 4 a side at that age group.

Back