Rangers Football fans in training

gorbalsbear

Official Ticketer
Has anyone done the fitness training with Rangers, I've recently been piling on the weight and struggle to motivate myself to do something about it, someone said I should look in to the fans in training, I've never met the criteria before to join but now meet one of the things needed to join, seriously thinking about applying for the next session.

A few pals of mine have done it, they loved it and started a wee 11s over 35 team through it

I did it this year and its unquestionably the best thing I've ever done. Lost 2 and half stone and it's stayed off for the most part. BP down and my eating habiylts have changed beyond recognition
The exercise is fabulous and the main motivation is walking into that stafldium every week to train and exercise. Its not easy but it is great work.
Now I've done it I go once a week to keep the work going and that is the hardest I've ever trained. You are never told old to do this and you will just love it

I did it this year and its unquestionably the best thing I've ever done. Lost 2 and half stone and it's stayed off for the most part. BP down and my eating habiylts have changed beyond recognition
The exercise is fabulous and the main motivation is walking into that stafldium every week to train and exercise. Its not easy but it is great work.
Now I've done it I go once a week to keep the work going and that is the hardest I've ever trained. You are never told old to do this and you will just love it

My eating habits not great, I know that's my problem I walk for hrs daily at least 30,000 steps aday.

When you say you go once a week go where,Still Ibrox or a gym on your own ? I thought it was a 12 week course.

My eating habits not great, I know that's my problem I walk for hrs daily at least 30,000 steps aday.

When you say you go once a week go where,Still Ibrox or a gym on your own ? I thought it was a 12 week course.
I did the course earlier this year. Feb till may.
It was great, really changed my eating and drinking habits. Lot more mobile now as well. Still go most Tuesdays and every 2nd Friday, though couldn't make it tonight.

I take it this is for Jabba types :D.

No, being serious. I’d be in if they allowed 25% BMI types to participate

I could end up being the fatties midfield genital LOL (copyright Naked Radio LOL)

Last edited:
I was in the first group that done it. About 10 yrs ago.The Royal College of Sugeons &Physicians contacted my GP. who put my name forward.
Met big Hateley and one of my heroes Bobby Russell. Superb. We played on the pitch across from Ibrox, Wee Bobby was ref and gave us a penalty. I took it and stuck it in the postage stamp. Wee Bobby said some pen big man. Chuffed as fukc so I was.
If anyone gets the chance take it.

I'm taking part in this course at the moment. Lost over a stone so far and like folk said above it's been life-changing so far. Would never have made the changes to my diet without the guidance and training

I take it this is for Jabba types :D.

No, being serious. I’d be in if they allowed 25% BMI types to participate

I could end up being the fatties midfield genital LOL (copyright Naked Radio LOL)
When i done it some werent ridiculously fat.

Once you have done the original 12 weeks you can go to Ibrox and do a 1 hour a week exercise class but it is a lot harder than the original course but still great fun. Banter is brilliant.
Eating was an issue for me too. Its not really about dieting but making changes to what you eat, portion sizes how long it takes to eat. Cutting out certain drinks, reducing alcohol more water, fruit and nuts instead of chocolate and crap. I eat a wee bit of fruit now having hated it the majority of my life.
Other than losing the 2 stone I have lost about 10 cm of my waist and my BMI Is below 30 for the 1stvtime in years. I would really recommend the FFIT for anyone who is looking to change their lifestyle.
I was also on the course Feb to May this year and it was a fantastic therapy group with what was going on on the park at the time

Once you have done the original 12 weeks you can go to Ibrox and do a 1 hour a week exercise class but it is a lot harder than the original course but still great fun. Banter is brilliant.
Eating was an issue for me too. Its not really about dieting but making changes to what you eat, portion sizes how long it takes to eat. Cutting out certain drinks, reducing alcohol more water, fruit and nuts instead of chocolate and crap. I eat a wee bit of fruit now having hated it the majority of my life.
Other than losing the 2 stone I have lost about 10 cm of my waist and my BMI Is below 30 for the 1st time in years. I would really recommend the FFIT for anyone who is looking to change their lifestyle.
I was also on the course Feb to May this year and it was a fantastic therapy group with what was going on on the park at the time

Same as me. Did the course and loved it. I now go every week to the follow up to keep active.

Anyone carrying a bit of timber should consider this course. As others have said the course will show you how to make tweaks to your eating and drinking habits as well as getting you moving.

The exercise is geared to suit all levels and the simple rule is you get out of it what you put in. The guys will push you but ultimately its down to your own effort.

Over the last couple of years I have lost 2 1/2 stone - dropped 4 inches off the waist and feel much fitter. I have also played on the Ibrox pitch and several times at Auchenhowie.

I have also met a ton of bears who are all there with the same goal. Massive credit to John, Willie and Harry for running these courses.

Couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

I did it twice a week last year and changed my fitness beyond recognition.

Did it Sept 16 - Dec 16. Lost 2.5 stone then a further 1.75 stone on my own due to keeping on track. Have put up to 2 stone back on but lost some of that again. Exercise still going well, its the eating habits that have returned (to a certain extent).
As many above have said, its a great motivator to get going.....exercising within the stadium, around the track, up & down the enclosure/front stand stairs. Recommend it to all who are able & fit criteria.
Guys who ran it then were brilliant.

well done to all that have taken part and shifted some weight but the question that popped into my head whilst reading the comments was;

Why didn't you all just get help from your GP and ask them to refer you to a dietician and put you forward for the gym referral programme?

Another recommendation here. If you're thinking about it, get your name down, you won't regret it.

As another poster said, it was the best thing I've done for myself. Before doing the course I was really unfit and my weight kept creeping up. Done the course earlier this year, lost a bit of weight and have managed to do a couple of 10k runs over the summer. Not exactly Mo Farrah but the difference from the start of the year has been amazing.

You get a good laugh as well and as everyone is in the same boat everyone motivates each other.

well done to all that have taken part and shifted some weight but the question that popped into my head whilst reading the comments was;

Why didn't you all just get help from your GP and ask them to refer you to a dietician and put you forward for the gym referral programme?

Because it's more fun to be running around Ibrox :cool:

Other than losing the 2 stone I have lost about 10 cm of my waist and my BMI Is below 30 for the 1stvtime in years. I would really recommend the FFIT for anyone who is looking to change their lifestyle.
Whats this one hour thing. Might need to get in about that

I see that this is an spfl initiative. Would it be wrong to sign up at another club that is closer to home? It's a 2 hour+ round trip to Ibrox

I personally don't think This is promoted enough by the club. Think they could do more. The community guys are helping massively to help people's fitness and hardly anyone knows about it

I'm currently doing the programme on a Monday night, on week 8 and lost 8lb but on top of that feeling a lot fitter and doing some things I could never do(press ups) if you ever need motivation to exercise walking down the tunnel at Ibrox to train would be a good start, can't recommend it enough

One word of warning for all interested. John Joyce May seem like a nice chap, but he’s a fucking Nazi! :D

Do it, you won’t regret it.

I see that this is an spfl initiative. Would it be wrong to sign up at another club that is closer to home? It's a 2 hour+ round trip to Ibrox

I am currently doing the Queen’s Park one at Lesser Hampden, just three weeks into it. Already great fun and camaraderie. Eddie Hunter takes the training, great bloke but mental and incredible for his 70s. If anyone is considering it and there is a local club to you, I would recommend you go for it (as another poster has already said depending on the club!)

Back