Archive Rangers league fixtures for Season 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone any idea when the TV fixtures will be released.

Or is it likely Celtic game will be moved to Sunday the 4th of September?

Not if we are both in CL.

Group stage starts 6th September.

So one of us will be 6th and the other 7th.

Not if we are both in CL.

Group stage starts 6th September.

So one of us will be 6th and the other 7th.
It won’t be moved to the Sunday, the game will be played on Saturday 3rd September

The CL group stage draw is done on the 25th August, with them and hopefully us in the draw they will have no way of knowing if they/we play on Tuesday 6th

The game will be chosen for tv and the date and kick off time will be decided long before the 25th August therefore there is no choice but to play it on the Saturday

Reactions: VGM
Right fixtures are out how do we get them on our calendars?
If you were already signed up they should be on your calendar now. All fixtures appearing as “all day” atm.

I think Rangers provided a link last season so expect the same again.

Good to see fewer midweek league games this season. SPFL should keep these to a minimum based on the fact that midweeks can be difficult for ST holders.

It's still going. It's the one I use. The friendlies have been updated. I guess the guy who updates it just needs some time to input the new fixtures.

Right enough!

It stopped working for me at some point last season. Good to see him back at it.

Rangers first 5 away fixtures
Livi
Hibs
Celtic
Aberdeen
Hearts

Celtics first 5 away fixtures
Ross County
Killie
St mirren
Dundee utd
St Johnstone

This random computer couldn't be more consistent

Let's be honest, you were on the lookout for something to be offended by. Quelle surprise, you found something...

Here is a full list of all of Rangers' 38 league fixtures.

Rangers 2022-23 fixtures

Livingston (A) - 12 noon 30/7/22 (Sky Sports)

Kilmarnock (H) - 3pm 6/8/22

St Johnstone (H) - 3pm 13/8/22

Hibs (A) - 3pm 20/8/22

Ross County (H) - 3pm 27/8/22

Celtic (A) - 3pm 3/9/22

Aberdeen (A) 3pm 10/9/22

Dundee United (H) 3pm 17/9/22

Hearts (A) 3pm 1/10/22

St Mirren (H) 3pm 8/10/22

Motherwell (A) 3pm 15/10/22

Livingston (H) 3pm 22/10/22

Aberdeen (H) 3pm 29/10/22

St Johnstone (A) 3pm 5/11/22

Hearts (H) 7.45pm 9/11/22

St Mirren (A) 3pm 12/11/22

Hibs (H) 3pm 17/12/22

Ross County (A) 3pm 24/12/22

Motherwell (H) 3pm 28/12/22

Celtic (H) 3pm 2/1/23

Dundee United (A) 3pm 7/1/23

Kilmarnock (A) 3pm 14/1/23

St Johnstone (H) 3pm 28/1/23

Hearts (A) 7.45pm 1/2/23

Ross County (H) 3pm 4/2/23

Livingston (A) 3pm 18/2/23

Hibs (A) 3pm 25/2/23

Kilmarnock (H) 3pm 4/3/23

Motherwell (A) 3pm 18/3/23

Dundee United (H) 3pm 1/4/23

Celtic (A) 3pm 8/4/23

St Mirren (H) 15/4/23

Aberdeen (A) 22/4/23

Post-split dates
34 Saturday 06/05/23
35 Saturday 13/05/23
36 Saturday 20/05/23
37 Wednesday 24/05/23
38 Saturday 27/05/23

LEAGUE CUP

draw for round is 24th July after the group stage is completed

m/w 31st August - round 2 we enter here
m/w 18th October - quarter-final
w/e 14th/15th January - semi-final
Sunday 26th February - Final
Cool!
Thanks for this.
Was looking for this earlier.

All of the usual tough away games in the first set

Livingston
Hibs
Hearts
Cektic
Aberdeen

Need to hit the ground running at least the pitches should be decent livi aside in these months

Amazing that some get worked up about these fixtures when it the ones were due to get for 33 rounds Of course the scheduling of them can be an issue

Anyhow

Hibs A 20th August
Celtic A 3rd September
Aberdeen A 10th September

will have to stay the Saturday in case of CL games on the following Tuesday as posted we won't know what the CL fixtures are until 25th August subject to qualification of course for us but in terms of the Celtic game we already know that is the Saturday as they are in the group stage sadly

Celtic H 2nd January while a UK wide holiday remember in Scotland the 3rd is also a holiday next year however the Edinburgh Derby is also then

All of the usual tough away games in the first set

Livingston
Hibs
Hearts
Cektic
Aberdeen

Need to hit the ground running at least the pitches should be decent livi aside in these months
Simply a reversal of last season, and next season we will have the ‘easier’ first quarter again.

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised by the first 5 fixtures, not near as bad as they could have been. Tough run of 6 games, including 4 of the hardest Aways, from late Aug to late Sep right enough.

15 points out of 15 with 0 goals conceded easy the Rangers!

Last edited:
As is shown in Europe year after year, these teams are dross. Sad but true. While they were traditionally difficult places to go, the gulf in quality now means a good solid professional performance should see these teams off with a minimum of fuss. Obviously that lot are our biggest rivals and have a superior budget so that's a different matter and we need our 'A game'. Win the head to head over the 4 games against them though and there's really no excuse not to win the title back. I really can't see either team dropping too many points next season.

Apply ourself in the correct manner , it will be easy wins against pub teams , i include Celtic in that

Has there ever been a year where our fans have been happy with the fixtures?

I remember thinking when the 55 season fixtures were announced that being away to Aberdeen was a great fixture for us. My rationale was that, if we dropped points we have 37 games to correct it. And if you go win it you can build from there. Either way, we had got the second most difficult away fixture out of the way after game week 1.

When we get Celtic ,Hearts,Aberdeen and Hibs all at home in 1st round, its "what a hard end to the season", get them away and it's "what a difficult start to the season"

Simply a reversal of last season, and next season we will have the ‘easier’ first quarter again.

Must admit I was pleasantly surprised by the first 5 fixtures, not near as bad as they could have been. Tough run of 6 games, including 4 of the hardest Aways, from late Aug to late Sep right enough.
When we will be playing European football

Desperate for the season to start, then suddenly the games come thick & fast through August with 4 league games, 2 x CLQ3, (hopefully) 2 x CLPO and we’ll have the first League Cup game on Wed 31 Aug

Bring it on!

It can be as easy as we want it to be if we get the recruitment spot on and early for pre season.

When we will be playing European football
With a bit of luck we will be playing European fixtures throughout the season but we will certainly be playing them all the way to the first week in November.

I think many expected the first OF to be between the dates of the CL Play-Off Round. We avoided that. The only real tough run would be Away to the Dhims and then Away to the Sheep with Matchday 1 sandwiched in between and Matchday 2 immediately afterwards.

In terms of which Away matches we got, as said, it’s simply a reversal of last season. In terms of when we play them it could actually have been a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back