Rangers TV Enhancements

Oh ya dancer! Something for me to get my teeth into on the Tips and Troubleshooting guide ha ha.:))

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/prelegia-rangerstv-tips-and-troubleshooting.87441/

In all seriousness, this is excellent news - particularly the App and the Chromecast facility for those who use them. Better Support is long overdue as well. Maybe I can hang up my keyboard LOL.

I do note they say a 'mobile' App though. Shame they couldn't have a dedicated App on Windows and Mac as well.

Not sure if this is on the back of comments made on here or if these upgrades are just the natural progression of the service but its great that the club are actively looking to improve the customer experience.

Is Chromecast available for the legia game?

Someone posted a screenshot of the new RangersTV player the other day that had a Cast icon on the menu bar in the bottom right next to the Rangers crest. I don't see it on mine but then I don't have a Chromecast. Some others have reported seeing, some don't.

Login to RangersTV and see if its there for you mate.

Someone posted a screenshot of the new RangersTV player the other day that had a Cast icon on the menu bar in the bottom right next to the Rangers crest. I don't see it on mine but then I don't have a Chromecast. Some others have reported seeing, some don't.

It was me that posted it, was from a browser on my mac, I dont know about mobiles.

You only see the chromecast symbol if theirs an active chromecast on the same wifi network.

How does Chromecast work? Do you just need an App on your smart TV?
You need a chromecast device. Basically a small dongle type thing that connects to your WiFi and plugs into the hdmi port on your TV allowing you to cast Netflix, Iplayer etc and now Rangers TV.

Someone said the other day that Google are doing a deal if you buy one of their smart speakers you get a free chromecast. If you just want the chromecast they're about £30 from argos, amazon etc

You need a chromecast device. Basically a small dongle type thing that connects to your WiFi and plugs into the hdmi port on your TV allowing you to cast Netflix, Iplayer etc and now Rangers TV.

Someone said the other day that Google are doing a deal if you buy one of their smart speakers you get a free chromecast. If you just want the chromecast they're about £30 from argos, amazon etc
So rather than climb up and reroute my HDMI cable from the TV to my computer, I could now just screen from my computer "remotely" or my Ipad or phone?

So rather than climb up and reroute my HDMI cable from the TV to my computer, I could now just screen from my computer "remotely" or my Ipad or phone?
That's exactly it mate. Tested it out the other night with the pre recorded content and it works great but I haven't tried it with a VPN yet. Will give it a go now actually and let you know.

This is excellent news. I wrote an email asking about this functionality and I received an email apologising that it wasn't offered.

Great to see that the club is looking out for it's supporters. And more reason for more fans to sign up.

Looking online, what are the benefits of the Chromecast Ultra, versus the regular Chromecast?
I'd guess ultra is 4k compatible mate.

RTV isn't currently in 4k and I doubt will be anytime soon but Netflix have a lot of 4k content and bbc show some sporting events in it. Depends if you have a 4k TV or now though as to whether you'll get the benefit.

As a techie, Im really looking forward to seeing what resources will be being used. The content delivery network (the infrastructure used to allow people to use the service globally and at a location close to where they live) their provider was using wasn’t top quality (though not shabby for sure).

A 4K service isn’t that difficult to achieve on a backbone level (Netflix run their entire service on AWS), but costs are more and it requires all parts of the chain to be fully compatible. If it was available I’d gladly pay double for the service.

The App is great news I’m really looking forward to it. The YouTube app allows me to cast to my smart telly when I don’t have any sort of chrome cast device attached. Hopefully RTV works the same as that but I get the impression it won’t.

Yes, works with most media sources and you can even put the phone screen on the telly. I often cast stuff I'm watching on FB or YouTube - once it's running on TV you can use your phone as normal. Love my Chromecast!

Anyone know how to fix the slight pausing and shadow of the ball when casting onto a TV from a mobile device? I cast from my either my laptop or mobile onto an apple TV plugged into my telly and the quality is pretty poor. I guess it is a settings issue with the TV but when I cast from the BT sports app on my phone to the tv through the apple TV then the picture quality is perfect.

Back