Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

Too many Bears don't want to be seen as "Tims". Doesn't matter what happened in front of their eyes. They're just idiots. Apparently it's our fault we lost despite the opposition not managing one legitimate shot on target. No idea how that works.
We had enough chances to win two games today, we missed a penalty and they were down to 10 men for 27 mins and dominated them for 90 mins, that game today was the most dominant a Rangers team have been over them in the last 7 yrs and we still lost and failed once again due to our own incompetence.

No, not scoring was our own fault
It was, but you can't lose if the other team don't score. Quite simply we were robbed in a cup final by a linesman. The linesman won the cup for them but you already know that. Without him we would have went to extra time, but you know that too.

I'm assuming you're trying to blame our team for losing when they didn't do anything wrong. We may not have scored but neither should they. Are you over the disgraceful decision already?

We had enough chances to win two games today, we missed a penalty and they were down to 10 men for 27 mins and dominated them for 90 mins, that game today was the most dominant a Rangers team have been over them in the last 7 yrs and we still lost and failed once again due to our own incompetence.
What you described is how not to win a game (by not scoring) not how to lose one. Are you another who has already got over that disgraceful decision? How you can turn that decision around and blame the team for it I can't comprehend, we did not give away one legitimate shot on target, how do they (the players) deserve to lose?

It was, but you can't lose if the other team don't score. Quite simply we were robbed in a cup final by a linesman. The linesman won the cup for them but you already know that. Without him we would have went to extra time, but you know that too.

I'm assuming you're trying to blame our team for losing when they didn't do anything wrong. We may not have scored but neither should they. Are you over the disgraceful decision already?
That offside was as close as can be. No way could the linesman see that, its barely visible in slo mo.
We had umpteen chances to score, game should have been over by half time.
Everyone knows you need to score when on top, opposition will always get one chance and it can kill you.
I would say morelos should have had another pen, before the one we got.
It came down to their keeper playing a blinder and us not being clinical, I don't think that's the blame game

That offside was as close as can be. No way could the linesman see that, its barely visible in slo mo.
We had umpteen chances to score, game should have been over by half time.
Everyone knows you need to score when on top, opposition will always get one chance and it can kill you.
I would say morelos should have had another pen, before the one we got.
It came down to their keeper playing a blinder and us not being cynical, I don't think that's the blame game
I don't agree, three players were offside. If I thought it was close I could take it easier.

What you described is how not to win a game (by not scoring) not how to lose one. Are you another who has already got over that disgraceful decision? How you can turn that decision around and blame the team for it I can't comprehend, we did not give away one legitimate shot on target, how do they (the players) deserve to lose?
You're coming across as an angry wee man determined to shout over anyone who disagrees with you, when you're describing fellow Rangers fans as idiots because they have a different opinion to you it's maybe time you stepped back and took a breath rather than insult others whose opinion differs.

I could deep see one on the replay, make an argument for 2, but honestly, from a dead ball, almost impossible to see in real time.
It's going to take a few days, perhaps a win on Thursday, to get over today. We played so well, I just wish people would stop slagging the team. They know they were so lucky. The hope is we play like that next time we play them. I can't see lightning striking twice for the jammy gits.

You're coming across as an angry wee man determined to shout over anyone who disagrees with you, when you're describing fellow Rangers fans as idiots because they have a different opinion to you it's maybe time you stepped back and took a breath rather than insult others whose opinion differs.
People who refuse to see the shocking decisions that have went against us the past few seasons just so they don't sound like Tims are idiots. It's more important to them than reality. The club continue to be silent. Meanwhile Lennon was at it this week and look what happened today. He pressurised the officials, we never do.

It's going to take a few days, perhaps a win on Thursday, to get over today. We played so well, I just wish people would stop slagging the team. They know they were so lucky. The hope is we play like that next time we play them. I can't see lightning striking twice for the jammy gits.
You always get folk slagging the team, no matter what.
Just hope this doesn't mess with the players heads too much and we murder them at the paedo dome

People who refuse to see the shocking decisions that have went against us the past few seasons just so they don't sound like Tims are idiots. It's more important to them than reality. The club continue to be silent. Meanwhile Lennon was at it this week and look what happened today. He pressurised the officials, we never do.
I'll leave you to it then.

Team versus Young Boys ( vacant position status means position requires strengthening)

McGregor

Vacant Position

Vacant Position

Vacant Position

Barisic

Davis

Vacant Position

Vacant Position

Vacant Position

Morelos

Kent ( only cos he is our marquee signing)

Difficult to win trophies with 5 players

Lebron James arguably the best basketball player in the NBA but even he cannot play one on five every game and win all the time.

utter rubbish, usual match thread one knee jerk reaction

I felt going in at half time at 0-0 we were due a kick in the baws. That's what happened and we got a penalty missed it and they were down to 10 men.
As much as I hate to admit it they have more guts than us. Simple as.

How many chances do you need to bury a team?

You make your own luck in football but incompetent officials, sectarian bias and years of bitching and intimidation seem to help as well. We may have lost the battle but today showed we can win the war.
In what way did we show we can win today? We demonstrated the exact opposite of that. Some people try to give the impression they are viewing the big picture and can see light at the end of the tunnel - when the reality is the players have let us down yet again

We defo are getting closer but my worry is will it be in time to stop their 10 in a row and before an epl club tempts SG.
LOL, I wouldn’t worry about Gerrard going any time soon. He’s yet to win anything at Rangers and until he can do it semi-regularly there won’t be clubs knocking at our door. SG’s stock dropped today

In what way did we show we can win today? We demonstrated the exact opposite of that. Some people try to give the impression they are viewing the big picture and can see light at the end of the tunnel - when the reality is the players have let us down yet again
Dominating a very very lucky Celtc team does give me optimism.Losing by 4 and 5 under previous managers did not.

Against 10 men the pitch should have been made as wide as possible.Celtic wanted it narrow.They got that without having to do anything to make it happen.Any ball slung in from a wide area wasn't from the touchline.It was from deeper.Playing straight into Celtics hands.Big Centre halves love facing balls coming into them at head height.The game should have been over at half time though tbf

Not long in from Hampden, we outclassed the orcs today, hard to take and hard to believe that we came away with nothing.

surley from a dead ball it’s easier, he should be standing looking straight across the line.
I think they need to see when the ball is struck - from other side of pitch- as well as keep an eye on the defensive line. So really, looking at 2 things at once.

Why did their keeper fail in the EPL? What did Southampton fans make of him anyone know? I assume he wasn’t playing like that for them?

I think they need to see when the ball is struck - from other side of pitch- as well as keep an eye on the defensive line. So really, looking at 2 things at once.

thats the same as any other time but they don’t need to keep up with play as they would position themselves looking straight across the line.

Why didn't Stewart get on the pitch ? We were screaming for him on Wed night we had to stand and watch Barker doing nothing

LOL, I wouldn’t worry about Gerrard going any time soon. He’s yet to win anything at Rangers and until he can do it semi-regularly there won’t be clubs knocking at our door. SG’s stock dropped today
How exactly did his stock drop. He set the team up and we dominated a Celtic team that we've been told we are light years behind and we will have to spend millions of pounds to challenge them. We were beaten by an offside goal. I think if anything his stock is rising because we are now challenging them and it's only a matter of time before he gets his hands on silverware as our manager.

I’m still absolutely gutted about the result yesterday.

Raging with the officials, and raging that we didn’t take our chances.

A more one sided Cup Final you’ll never see.

This sums it up for me.
My dad was raging on the way home, the son was morose. Got home & got canned. Avoided here as would have been the drink talking & probably gotten banned.
Still struggling to take it in. Just hope that we do them at the piggery.

#55 would be the perfect cure for yesterday.

Long drive back last night and shattered in work this morning. Frustrating to have put all that effort in at the back and middle and couldn't finish. I cannot recall McGregor touching the ball with his hands. I get the frustration with the ref but I think it is our job with that level of possession and chances made to win it without the ref.

The officials were a disgrace but if the teams were flipped yesterday they would have won that no doubt about it.

Big test of our player's mental toughness coming up with the December fixtures, basically got to win them all to qualify for the last 32 and stay in touch with the rheptiles.

finally was able to bring myself to watch the game again..

how the %^*& did the linesman not see all those Celtic players where not off side??

at least 3 Celtic players where offside! its not even that hard to see

I dont care what people say, that Linesman is at it

Just watched up to penalty.
The last Alfie chance before halftime was the closest to going in.
Paper I saw today gave Alfie five. Only forest with four was lower from starting eleven.
I thought he was a danger all game to them, only later did he try a few poss yellow hits.

Apparently it’s ok for the Celtic offside goal to count because Rangers have had hundreds of offside goals allowed!!

fucking idiots

Apparently it’s ok for the Celtic offside goal to count because Rangers have had hundreds of offside goals allowed!!

fucking idiots
There is absolutely no point in trying to converse with these stanklifters and their way of thinking.

For every gripe they have attempting to even anything up we have another to go back with.

I seen a Rangers side demolish them for 90 minutes on Subday. They wont get as lucky as that on every occasion.

Just able to watch a 10 min rerun of the game on youtube there, still hard to take, on another day Alfie could have had 4 or 5. Poor penalty and snatched at a few but he was so unlucky with some of his efforts.

I don't think we will ever lose a final in that way ever again, its the jammiest final win in history

The marker was laid down that day, anybody watching the cup final could see that we are a much better team than them. They got lucky on the day and the officials were shocking.
They got their comeuppance today, we started off at the piggery the way we played at Hampden and they couldn’t live with us. Even with the help of a corrupt referee and an illegal goal.
Well done Stevie G and the players. 55 is coming !!

Back