MOTM Poll Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Saturday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were chasing that game, we needed too score.

You do know we are allowed to criticise a player who has a stinker. Alfie had one today, as poor as I can recall and he deserves the stick. McGregor, despite some good saves, also had a stinker, becsause his one mistake costed us two points,
Want to point out where I said anyone couldn't criticise a player having a bad game?

Mate, it will be dark soon so the moon will be out for you to howl at

Why is it we always finish with a weaker team when SG makes his substitutions?

However when all is said and done, the Morelos misses and an uncharacteristic mistake by McGregor cost that game today.

Two valuable points dropped.

They all make mistakes. Goram had a lot of howlers but his forward line put the ball in the net a bit more often!
Struggling to recollect many of those Goram blunders to be honest. But for sure we didn't drop points cos of McGregor. We might even have lost without him. We dropped points because of poor finishing and a mind boggling double substitution.

Why is it we always finish with a weaker team when SG makes his substitutions?

However when all is said and done, the Morelos misses and an uncharacteristic mistake by McGregor cost that game today.

Two valuable points dropped.
So Wright & Hagi shouldn't have been subbed?

Roofe was our best player even though he got limited game time

If you can't remember a worse striking performance than that then most of the last decade must have passed you by. It speaks volumes you choose to omit games like our last home game against Hibs.
Hibs game was a good win but we were one down and struggling until the crazy head got himself sent off. And even then we never really put Hibs properly to bed. What was it at Easter Road today? Hibs 0 Utd 3?

Hibs game was a good win but we were one down and struggling until the crazy head got himself sent off. And even then we never really put Hibs properly to bed. What was it at Easter Road today? Hibs 0 Utd 3?
They were also unbeaten until they played us.

Had enough chances to bury hearts but once again abysmal defending f ucks us and let’s be honest,that equaliser was coming.66min till 71 was a shocking 5mins and last 10 was even worse.Am f ucking furious with the team this evening.

I'm the opposite, I'm panicking. Everything good about the team last season is missing this season.

We cannot score, we cannot defend, have played crap on the road and been fortunate to win a couple of these games. We are almost into the 2nd set of fixtures where we play Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen away - I'm not confident that we'll still be top come the end of the 2nd set of fixtures.
Unfortunately I have to agree, definitely something missing, and I'm usually fairly optimistic, but just felling a bit uneasy about our team at the minute!

These are questions that need to be asked. Whether they are going to be uncomfortable for those asking and the manager himself, they need to be asked. He can’t keep getting a free ride and getting away with the “there are plenty positives” pish that we’ve been hit with every week this season
If we got bids which were stated for alfie, then the board royally fe eck up, we have an unhappy player, who since after the first season here has intimated he wants to be elsewhere, so we are stuck with alfie and the hungry itten is offloaded to germany

That first half performance was so good that the game should have been won there and then; really good football. Yet again, this team does not play a full 90, or rarely does, because we were not great in the second-half. Probably the least said the better right now, but time for the leaders in this team to show up more.

I’m not as down on this as most of the fan base seem to be. Performance first half was excellent and we were decent for a good portion of the second half. Can’t deny the result is a sore one though, particularly conceding last minute.

On Hearts have seen comments calling them dross etc. Thought the referee let them a way with murder and our changes helped them but was pretty impressed with them when they started coming out looking for the equaliser.

We need to invest in a new Goalie. Not a criticism of McGregor, who has been remarkable, but he is getting past it at this level. The mistake today highlighted it, but before that today he has for the last year or so looked a bit less agile.

Wasted too many chances and rode our luck at times second half.

Morelos worst game for us.

We really need to sort this out as we can't keep playing like this and sneaking a win.

Not clinical enough and not ruthless enough either and don't play the game well either i.e going down with the slightest of touch is a freekick in current football which is a joke.

I was impressed with Hearts (as I was with Hibs). We need teams who think they can beat us and the bheasts, it'll help us in the long run.
We were excellent in 1st half, but didn't despatch them, so they came back strongly. Become more lethal in front of goal, nobody can compete with us.

I get emotions are high and were all really disappointed about dropping points.

I however am slightly relaxed, i thought up until the Bacuna sub we were very much in control, Hagi and Aribo were borg very good today and the MF of Lundstram and Kamara was working very well. When he took off Aribo and Hagi at the same time we lost our control and couldnt retain possession as well.

Morelos, Gerrard and McGregor have made mistakes today that have cost us the game, some of the posts about Morelos and other are embarassing

We need to invest in a new Goalie. Not a criticism of McGregor, who has been remarkable, but he is getting past it at this level. The mistake today highlighted it, but before that today he has for the last year or so looked a bit less agile.
Not sure if you have heard about it but it is called a defence,

not just the keeper,

nobody on the scorer

Alfie has been off the boil for so long I can't remember the last time he scored. He should have been yanked instead of Hagi or Aribo but I think the Gaffer left him on because he knew Alfie would have been furious, having just missed a sitter.
We need to sell him on before he's worth nothing. I said this weeks ago but Alfie couldn't score in a brothel.

That last minute goal was just another reminder that we can dominate play but still not win. We should have put 3 or 4 past that lot today.

Last edited:
Alfie has been poor so far, needs to warm the bench for a while. SG substitutions to hold a 1-0 lead at home against that shite were laughable. Sakala and roofe should have replaced hagi and Morelos...anything else was fuckin inept!!

Not sure where I have supposedly said otherwise?

My point was those demanding Morelos gets replaced by Roofe today could maybe have a think back to a couple of weeks ago
Correct
Alf shouldn’t start
No pace
Overweight
We need a cf not an extra mf.

Want to point out where I said anyone couldn't criticise a player having a bad game?

Mate, it will be dark soon so the moon will be out for you to howl at

Well it seems to me you just cannot allow any criticism of Alfie's abysmal performance today which undoubtedly is the reason we dropped two points.

Well it seems to me you just cannot allow any criticism of Alfie's abysmal performance today which undoubtedly is the reason we dropped two points.
"Morelos had a shocker today, no denying but he is still the best goal scorer at the club"

That's a direct quote from me in a comment you replied to, so it seems to me you are spouting nonsense.

It's also not undoubtedly, Morelos didn't score for us today having several chances to do so, but he also didn't score for Hearts either - yet they still scored

Just watched Rtv highlights omg that error by greegs for equaliser looked worse than I thought . Terrible play tbf .

Sad ending to the game given we played so many good moves .

Shocking 2nd half performance more games like today and we are winning nothing.
I think we will, just about, still win the League if for no other reason than we are top playing very badly with room to improve, the opposition are playing as well as they can and still lagging.

The problem, as was evident again yesterday, is this team peaked last season and we didnt/dont have the money to make enough of an upgrade to keep the momentum going. You get the increasing feeling that there are one or two players who want to be somewhere else and its badly affecting their performances. Slack infront of goal and switching off at the back has already cost us dearly as it did again yesterday.

Rangers really need to clear the deck of anyone not wanting to be there and that may well mean taking a lower offer for some than we had been looking. Problem is we cant afford to do that as we blew the CL money and in any case would need much of the sale to then sign new players.

Tav had another dreadful performance and Im not sure how bad he needs to get before hes dropped and NP is given the nod consistently. Im not sure Tav can really get much more dreadful really.

Scott Wright is a good SPFL player but is not good enough to play for Rangers, that much has become clear. Not impactful enough across 90 mins and never convinces hes got the firepower to really make something big happen for himself or others.

Lots of problems and not much room to swing a cat for Gerrard.

A touch of deja vu about yesterday’s game. Same as against Motherwell, excellent first half, followed by a series of misses in the 2nd that we live to regret late on. Alfie should have buried Roofe’s brilliant pass. A tap in. Still, I thought we would still collect all 3 points. Shagger saved 2 certain goals, but he and our defence had a lapse in concentration, and we all felt a sore one when they equalised. Feels like a loss. Affects me the whole week. Need to remain positive.

Never seen the game but all I can say is that we are top while being miles off form. However the management team need to sort out the performance levels and quickly. Some tough fixtures coming up. Getting the key players back is vital.

Gerrard’s game management substitutions are very questionable this season, our overall tactics yesterday looked liked he just picked a team and threw them out to play there yesterday. Our shape was atrocious with no width our midfield to front is the problem.
Hearts had more fire and desire yesterday than we did.

It was like another one of those second half collapses. But even at that should have been comfortably ahead at the end of the first half. It's troublesome that McGregor in the second half probably had to make more big saves than Gordon did the entire game.

I'm trying to consider stats like 27 shots and 1 goal sheer bad luck that could be an avalanche of goals on another day. Lundstram is coming good and we will soon have Kent back. At the end of the day I still see nothing out there that can seriously challenge us for the title.

So Wright & Hagi shouldn't have been subbed?

Roofe was our best player even though he got limited game time

I take your point, but the shape of the team changed after the subs, and we were a much weaker team from then on.

Last edited:
Back