MOTM Poll Rangers 3-0 Union Saint-Gilloise (3-2 agg) - Rangers history-makers break historic European hoodoo! We salute them!

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great comeback by the players, they worked hard all night and got their rewards. Lawrence was very impressive, his work rate was outstanding. He was easily the MOM.

Great result.
Tidy performance in spell; thought we started very strong for first 15 or so, from then till first we let them frustrate us and looked devoid of ideas.
Second half bit better again.

Lawrence MoTM for me, and have to say pleasantly surprised by him - there's a lot more dig and drive than I thought in the guy. I had him marked down as a talented player who drifted in and out when he wanted, happy to be shown wrong so far!

Well deserved victory Lawrence outstanding,Tillman class although
he's not a winger,Kent shows what he brings to our team and we still have to get Alfie up to full fitness.Along with other good performances things starting to look good.

Goals are on RangersTV already. Full match likely at circa midnight but will be in poor quality until about lunchtime tomorrow. Not sure when highlights go up.
Something I've never understood is how long it takes.

For the Euro group games (and later!) I use Stan Sports Australia as RTV can't sell.
Within a second of final whistle they have the full match available for repeat.
Within about half an hour they have their 3 min, 9 min, 25 min and 45 min highlights shows up.

Winner reminded me of another European goal.

Cross so high a keeper should get it, and so should a centre-half.

Massive leap by a smaller Bear at the back-post.

BANG! GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLLL!!!

2min 35secs

Great result. Have not seen the game and looked for highlights but I presume Premier Sports wont allow BBc/ITV any.

Hopefully BT Sports will have the next one against PSG.
WE need to up our game for PSG but we have time for the new guys to get up to speed and we can find out our best eleven.
Credit is due to Gio to get us through.
Thankfully it’s PSV and not PSG.

Tom Lawrence is going to be a huge favourite this season and beyond. Last 2 performances have been terrific. Helped international footballer Borna Barisic through the game. Was always available for a pass from a defender.

Tom on RTV tonight was mental, sometimes I wonder if he's actually paying attention?!

"He's already been booked!" No he's not Tom.
"And, that's surely a second booking?" No Tom, no it isn't.
"Great ball from Tillman", that's Matondo Tom.

Only negative was the amount of times Kent lost the ball in the first half. All in all a decent performance and we all go to bed very happy.

Lawrence my MOTM.

Tom Lawrence is going to be a huge favourite this season and beyond. Last 2 performances have been terrific. Helped international footballer Borna Barisic through the game. Was always available for a pass from a defender.
He really looks the part!
His play is really positive and he'll create and score plenty.
I've already picked him as an "anytime goalscorer" for every game this season.
He's been unfortunate so far but I think he'll contribute a barrowload for us!

Just in from the game, delighted for the players, management and us. Players kept calm when we were starting to grumble before half time.

We played well for the 1st 1/4 of the match. When we scored it looked like only one winner. A good display to rectify the nonsense of the 1st leg against an ordinary team. Delighted for Colak.

bC1DHSG.png

Last edited:
He really looks the part!
His play is really positive and he'll create and score plenty.
I've already picked him as an "anytime goalscorer" for every game this season.
He's been unfortunate so far but I think he'll contribute a barrowload for us!
Because my family are dcfc st holders, I see them in nearly all their games.
Tom has been a useless burden on the team then culminating in the hit and run.
Rooney made him captain last season. Addto that, a lot of youngsters in the side, he came of age eventually. The change in his play was remarkable.
Lets hope this is the new Tom. He has that shot from outside the box we have been craving.

Just in, what a night. Lawrence was fantastic, Colak getting better with every game, Tilman has got ‘it’, new players settling in nicely and tonight will do their confidence the world of good. Tonight will tell them what Rangers are all about.

Even a detour through Royston, no idea how I ended up there, can’t dampen my spirits.

Glass of wine poured, away to watch videos from tonight.

WATP, never let the filth forget it.

What a day, what a result.

And to round off a fantastic day, looks like we might get some rain here. Not much but considering we’ve had four minutes of it since the last week in May, I’ll take what I get. :)

I wonder what the new guys thought of that tonight. Must have been amazing for them.

The atmosphere...WATP. Ibrox on European nights is just magical. No wonder players catch the "bug"
I didn't think it sounded much on RTV, but seeing a fair few comment on it and wondering if possibly just turned down or not picked up on TV coverage.
Sounded a bit like a Sunday SPFL game type atmosphere on the telly anyways!

I would keep starting Colak. I think he's a good striker and will score more goals if given the opportunity. We don't need to rush Alfie's recovery and put him in from the start.
I have confidence that Colak will get the job done.
I agree, but you can't keep a fit Alfredo out the team.

I didn’t expect us to go through tonight. Why not? Nearly 70 years watching the teddies in Europe and I’ve never witnessed until tonight that we overcame a 2-0 deficit. Hence, my cautious approach. I can’t believe we have broken a hoodoo. What a team we have. Tav, Collak and the rest all came good in the 2nd half. Pleased that we have PSV, as it will suit our style of play. Monoco might have been a tougher hurdle. Let’s do it!

i was one of the doubters for tonight but gladly proved wrong.
still too many stray passes but overall a great improvement in play
from first 2 games of season.
keep getting better rangers and who knows

I didn't think it sounded much on RTV, but seeing a fair few comment on it and wondering if possibly just turned down or not picked up on TV coverage.
Sounded a bit like a Sunday SPFL game type atmosphere on the telly anyways!
The second half was an excellent atmosphere. The crowd was loud and drowned out that mad Belgian jungle drum that kept going off. Even managed the bouncy for a good bit.

Was brilliant and will only get better

Back