Rangers Women Season 21/22

I thought it was pretty good, mainly played in the QP half. I think they've got a new team and it's still settling down. Not sure if their heads dropped a little.

Thought they were all pretty sharp, McLauchlan on the wing was good, Brogan Hay had a good game. Not much for Megan or Jenna to do. Impressive series of passes and moves from time to time. Obviously debut goals for Ross,

how did we line up in terms of shape etc?

Hi Folks,

Can I ask a quick question on this thread please....

The lad and I went along to the Women's game today at Auchenhowie against QP - great result and some nice football. Had managed to persuade the wife and daughter to come along as well, despite the weather when we left home (Having bought 4 tickets over a week ago).

Had assured the wife that she'd get a seat and be out of the rain due to the small stand.

Slightly surprised when we got there to be told that the stand was only for 'comps' and that regular ticketholders had to stand round the rail. I appreciate that the players' families, etc probably haven't seen them play for ages, but is this the normal at Auchenhowie when you buy tickets?

I don't mind standing - takes me back - but given the downpour prior to kick-off I'm in the doghouse and had my ears nipped on the way back along the M8.:))

Just be good to know for the future .... thanks,

Yours aye,
One game I’ve been to was standing by that had been moved to Astro on that occasion due to a downpour the day before meaning the grass park was a bit wet.

Other results

Group A (Rangers group)

Aberdeen 2-1 Boroughmuir Thistle

Group B

Dundee United 10-0 Forfar
Hibs 4-0 Kilmarnock

Group C

Glasgow Women 0-9 Glasgow City
Spartans 2-2 Hamilton Accies

Group D

Hearts 1-0 St Johnstone
Partick Thistle 1-3 Celtic

In group D both games are expected to become 3-0 wins for St Johnstone and Celtic due to ineligible players being named in the squads of Hearts and Partick Thistle.

Rumours of Forfar folding their women’s side, extremely likely they won’t play SWPL 1 this year which would mean Rangers first league game wouldn’t go ahead.

Rumours of Forfar folding their women’s side, extremely likely they won’t play SWPL 1 this year which would mean Rangers first league game wouldn’t go ahead.
They aren't rumours. It will be announced this week. Forfar are an absolute mess, essentially have tried a Gretna and one person has pumped money in. Money was withdrawn in Feb and they limped to the end of the season.

They appointed Eddie Wolecki Black which was an insane appointment considering his alleged indiscretions at Celtic then Motherwell. As a result, no players are willing to play for them.

Hi Folks,

Can I ask a quick question on this thread please....

The lad and I went along to the Women's game today at Auchenhowie against QP - great result and some nice football. Had managed to persuade the wife and daughter to come along as well, despite the weather when we left home (Having bought 4 tickets over a week ago).

Had assured the wife that she'd get a seat and be out of the rain due to the small stand.

Slightly surprised when we got there to be told that the stand was only for 'comps' and that regular ticketholders had to stand round the rail. I appreciate that the players' families, etc probably haven't seen them play for ages, but is this the normal at Auchenhowie when you buy tickets?

I don't mind standing - takes me back - but given the downpour prior to kick-off I'm in the doghouse and had my ears nipped on the way back along the M8.:))

Just be good to know for the future .... thanks,

Yours aye,
Tin Hat on but the venue it is terrible for all supporters.

No parking, some supporters had bought tickets and were told to get them at the ticket office and were told by the ticket office they get picked up at Auchenhowie.

It doesn't feel like a venue for Elite football IMO, it feels like exactly what it is - a training ground.

They aren't rumours. It will be announced this week. Forfar are an absolute mess, essentially have tried a Gretna and one person has pumped money in. Money was withdrawn in Feb and they limped to the end of the season.

They appointed Eddie Wolecki Black which was an insane appointment considering his alleged indiscretions at Celtic then Motherwell. As a result, no players are willing to play for them.
Yeah I’ve heard more since I posted that on Monday and the LMC met on Monday night.

Agreed, to offer to pay someone 12k a year who doesn’t actually do any coaching any more isnt exactly good business when money isn’t free flowing in the women’s game. He wasn’t on the sideline from half time to 75th minute on Sunday then reappeared.

Completely agree it’s not a surprise nobody is willing to play for them. Heard that they are considering promoting Partick Thistle to keep SWPL 1 at 10 teams.

Yeah I’ve heard more since I posted that on Monday and the LMC met on Monday night.

Agreed, to offer to pay someone 12k a year who doesn’t actually do any coaching any more isnt exactly good business when money isn’t free flowing in the women’s game. He wasn’t on the sideline from half time to 75th minute on Sunday then reappeared.

Completely agree it’s not a surprise nobody is willing to play for them. Heard that they are considering promoting Partick Thistle to keep SWPL 1 at 10 teams.
Cant see this happening. SWF have previously said they don't want to promote on "non sporting merit". It also leaves SWPL 2 with 7 teams and that division and teams was absolutely shafted last year after being allowed to start then made to wait.

The irony is several clubs last season wanted to go ahead with planned League changes now and invite clubs with the correct criteria into SWPL 2. SWF gave it a very big thumbs down.

You’ve obviously not seen my previous post. There’s a good crop coming through a

Exactly!

The only people who fling shite at it are people who never watch it or experience it, and they’re the same people who try and compare it to the men’s game when it needs to be treated as it’s own thing. I’ve been involved for a long time and the time and effort that is put in by players, coaches and other volunteers to run the sport is incredible, especially when 99% is unpaid, not even expenses covered for most people.
What's your opinion about them maybe getting on better playing on smaller pitches with smaller goals and maybe in teams of seven. Surely that would clearly differentiate the game and perhaps improve the standard? Like so many I'm not really a fan of the women's game as it always seems so stretched on the park and reminiscent of a boys primary seven match. Maybe the kind of changes I suggest would make it more attractive to fans and sponsors. Good luck to them, it's good they get the opportunity to chase a dream.

Cant see this happening. SWF have previously said they don't want to promote on "non sporting merit". It also leaves SWPL 2 with 7 teams and that division and teams was absolutely shafted last year after being allowed to start then made to wait.

The irony is several clubs last season wanted to go ahead with planned League changes now and invite clubs with the correct criteria into SWPL 2. SWF gave it a very big thumbs down.
I was surprised when I heard it as well but it came from fairly reputable people, though to be honest nothing would surprise me with those in charge and the decisions they make. SWPL 2 simply can’t play with 7 teams, it just makes a mockery of the whole thing and as you say the decision making post covid was poor, we had to play 7 games in 21 days to get the season finished which wasn’t fair for a number of reasons.

Chelsea line up

Missing a few players due to the Olympics

E8m3WDWWEAYta8O

Chasing shadows here but as others have said fair play to the keeper she has been very good. Some break there though unlucky

This is the CL runner up squad tho
Levels and levels above
Absolutely bud no disgrace at all. Have to confess I ony ever watch Rangers when it comes to womens football but impressed by Chelsea in terms of their press amd passing ability. Probably got a budget like Rangers men mind!

linesman gave a foul throw against rangers for stepping over the line then let chelsea do the same :)

Back