Rangers Women Season 21/22

Absolutely, there’s much more of an opportunity for young girls now. A lot of clubs now put their girls teams into boys leagues at the younger ages as it really tests them, and when they get older and come to senior level its becoming clearer who’s spent some time playing against boys.
Well done sir for starting the thread and the good outcome this season.

I watch it now and again and I'll still say this, the behaviour of the ladies on the pitch, puts the mens game to shame.

Flicking between this and the fa cup final and wee Erin cuthbert is what many girls should aim for.

A pretty good season all in all. Some musings …..

Goalkeeper - fife has shown her worth over the past month. Outstanding again yesterday. Needs to improve distribution a lot though.

Defence - well stocked area but it’s difficult to know how good we actually are cause we aren’t stressed that much. Swaby looks the business - calm, fast and assured. Brianna is captain and rarely does much wrong - although got a bit of a run around against city. We will do well to hold on to Vance this summer I’d say - she can play at a higher level. Mcclauclan was one of our best players prior to injury- looked very sharp and might push on into the midfield for next season. Nic doc is future captain material and has improved greatly. Haven’t seen enough of arnth yet - she will get a run next season id think.

Midfield - lots of positives here too. Middag one of the ever presents throughout the season. Quietly gets on with her job. Kirsten reilly looked great recently and is a starter for me - still lacks a bit of pace but gives us physicality. Sam kerr - probs our best player on her day. The management appear to really rate cornet - she’s been injured too. I’m not sure what her best position is. Grant looks decent.

Up front - arnott and hay had good seasons - just want a wee bit more consistency from them in our big games. McCoy given opportunity but will need to see more from her. Jane Ross has been a good signing. Ness is injured again as is megan bell - both of whos futures at the club might be in doubt. We need howat to have a good preseason - her form since returning from injury hasn’t been as we had hoped and she has found it difficult to get into the team. Watson is the future and should start for us next season.

I think I’ve covered most of it there……

They are diseased from top to bottom.

Plus today was the dirtiest I have watched a team play all season - and it had a nasty edge to it which is unusual in the women's game.

their team was choc-ful of rabid looking Yahoos with "the face" looking to leave a foot in, spark a rammy or injure someone

Well done sir for starting the thread and the good outcome this season.

I watch it now and again and I'll still say this, the behaviour of the ladies on the pitch, puts the mens game to shame.

Flicking between this and the fa cup final and wee Erin cuthbert is what many girls should aim for.
Cheers mate, looking forward to getting the next season’s thread going to include UWCL and hopefully some top quality signings.

FFs just saw the news that Jenna Fife has had her contract extended, shocker as she is absolutely garbage.
A bit harsh with the “absolute garbage” comment. I would say the biggest difference in quality between the men and women is in the goalkeeping position. I would imagine excellent women goalkeepers are at a premium and will be much sought after. Our coaches should be able to work with Jenna and help her improve her game. Hence perhaps why the Club has given her a new contract.

As an aside, as we were stopped on route to the game in Seville by the Police in the stifling heat I glanced to my right and I’m sure I saw Rachel MacLauchlan and Emma Brownlie at the front. I wanted to say hello and ask them about their injuries but felt embarrassed and didn’t want to come across as a 58 year old fanboy lol.

If it wasn’t them then if someone can put me right I will head down to specsavers tomorrow. If it was them then it’s brilliant they were there supporting us and just being fans.

A bit harsh with the “absolute garbage” comment. I would say the biggest difference in quality between the men and women is in the goalkeeping position. I would imagine excellent women goalkeepers are at a premium and will be much sought after. Our coaches should be able to work with Jenna and help her improve her game. Hence perhaps why the Club has given her a new contract.

As an aside, as we were stopped on route to the game in Seville by the Police in the stifling heat I glanced to my right and I’m sure I saw Rachel MacLauchlan and Emma Brownlie at the front. I wanted to say hello and ask them about their injuries but felt embarrassed and didn’t want to come across as a 58 year old fanboy lol.

If it wasn’t them then if someone can put me right I will head down to specsavers tomorrow. If it was them then it’s brilliant they were there supporting us and just being fans.

I’m sure I saw on social media they were there I might be wrong though.

Nicola Docherty, Sam Kerr and Jane Ross definitely were

You are correct, they were in the fanzine. Nic Docherty was also with them and Erin Cuthbert (Chelsea.)

Should have smaller goals with giant beach ball type balls

Back