Rangers Women Season 21/22

Will be a sore one losing our club captain.

In all honesty, Westrup can easily play at a higher level. She must be looking around at her colleagues in the Scotland camp and be thinking, you know what, I could be earning more money and playing in a more competitive league elsewhere.

Pumping Forfar Farmington 12-0 is not an attractive proposition for any player. She captained us to the league title and goes with our best wishes.

Will be a sore one losing our club captain.

In all honesty, Westrup can easily play at a higher level. She must be looking around at her colleagues in the Scotland camp and be thinking, you know what, I could be earning more money and playing in a more competitive league elsewhere.

Pumping Forfar Farmington 12-0 is not an attractive proposition for any player. She captained us to the league title and goes with our best wishes.
Westrup is a great girl and captain and has decent positional sense but her injury robbed her of any pace. Watching her get skinned a few times this season was painful.

Losing Swaby - though we knew about it last week - and Reilly are bigger blows.

Thats a good few regulars away now. I hope that they are all improved upon with the CL coming up

At least they leave as winners. Westrup goes down in history as first title wining captain. Was great to see her in the trophy room

I’m surprised Reilly has been allowed to leave, the matches I seen her playing in she was really good. Westrup is a great defender but she does struggle with pace. Let’s hope we have some new signings very soon as squad is a bit thin now.

Last edited:
Must mean we are stepping up the quality levels with champions league in mind.

Bit surprised we’ve let our two first choice centre backs go

McLauchlan was injured and out the side from about December onwards. Up to that point she was outstanding at RB. If both her and Vance are fit and on form then Nic Doc will struggle to replace either of them. Her natural position is LB.
Demi Vance is the best LB

I’m surprised Reilly has been allowed to leave, the matches I seen her playing in she was really good. We strip is a great defender but she does struggle with pace. Let’s hope we have some new signings very soon as squad is a bit thin now.

Where Kirsten Reilly is concerned, I'd imagine the club has an upgrade for that position lined up to come in.

Alternatively, Kirsty McLean and Emma Watson coming though from the Academy are quicker, more mobile, more tactically astute players with a better range of passing. With top teams down south sniffing about, maybe Rangers are having to offer them more game time to keep them at the club, and Reilly is having to make way.

Precisely why Nic Doc was playing RB but McLauchlan is better there when fully fit so I don’t know where we play her when everyone is available.

I reckon Docherty could play in a further forward roll.

She's always reminded me (and this isn't the criticism that people might think it is) of Steven Whittaker in her style of play.

I think she could be a good attacking option up the field given her ability to beat a player and deliver a pass.

Last edited:
I’m surprised Reilly has been allowed to leave, the matches I seen her playing in she was really good. Westrup is a great defender but she does struggle with pace. Let’s hope we have some new signings very soon as squad is a bit thin now.
I always thought she was slow and cumbersome myself but definitely contributed to our success last season

Last edited:
Back