Rangers Women Season 21/22

Hopefully she can be replaced with someone who is actually fit to play football and doesn't cause trouble when out and about in town.

She really wasn't even that good either.
My team played them before lockdown 1 and at Xmas 2020, 2nd game she was at least a stone overweight, came on and could hardly move. Unsurprising she couldn't get a regular start.

Massive year ahead for Rangers. IMO they have to go and win it. By far the biggest budget and the biggest expectation. Not beating Celtic in 3 games (2 losses) and losing fairly meekly to City twice has to be turned around for them.

Last edited:
Definitely need an overhaul in midfield
at the moment its looking like the Yahoos mens team defence for numbers

Definitely need an overhaul in midfield
at the moment its looking like the Yahoos mens team defence for numbers

Hot rumour is Lisa Robertson (probabaly the best CM in the League) has refused to train for their manager and done nothing in pre-season.

They have just lost their top goal scorer as well to Birmingham yesterday.

I’m not very clued in on the woman’s game to be honest but what kind of wages would players get playing full time woman’s football?

a friend of mines wee lassie is brilliant at football. She’s only 10 but already playing in the girls teams 2 years her senior and the skill she has is unreal. I really do think she has the potential to make it professional if she keeps it up

There’s a few good kids coming through at Under 17 level, in particular a wee girl Kirsty MacLean, a midfielder and an absolute stand out in the recent Scotland/England Schools match.

I’m not very clued in on the woman’s game to be honest but what kind of wages would players get playing full time woman’s football?

a friend of mines wee lassie is brilliant at football. She’s only 10 but already playing in the girls teams 2 years her senior and the skill she has is unreal. I really do think she has the potential to make it professional if she keeps it up

Up here, around £15k - £25k but i would say most are to the lower end of that spectrum. Clubs have been taking advantage of an apprentice scheme - effectively pay the player buttons and "employ" them through the club as something else. It means they can sign them as an amateur and not have to sign professional football contracts. A little sneaky if you ask me but, ultimately legal.

The youth game here is all over the place. There is precious little coming through the National Teams just now where in previous years we had a really good cluster of players. Of our U19 squad that played at the last Euros, not one of them are realistically close to the A squad sadly.

Hot rumour is Lisa Robertson (probabaly the best CM in the League) has refused to train for their manager and done nothing in pre-season.

They have just lost their top goal scorer as well to Birmingham yesterday.

Robertson is one of those players that you despise playing for the other team but would instantly make us a much better team (tho she gets away with murder in a Yahoo shirt)

Up here, around £15k - £25k but i would say most are to the lower end of that spectrum. Clubs have been taking advantage of an apprentice scheme - effectively pay the player buttons and "employ" them through the club as something else. It means they can sign them as an amateur and not have to sign professional football contracts. A little sneaky if you ask me but, ultimately legal.

The youth game here is all over the place. There is precious little coming through the National Teams just now where in previous years we had a really good cluster of players. Of our U19 squad that played at the last Euros, not one of them are realistically close to the A squad sadly.
You’ve obviously not seen my previous post. There’s a good crop coming through at U17

not bad money to be fair. As I say my friends wee lassie is unreal. Really hope she sticks at it and makes it professional.

My team played them before lockdown 1 and at Xmas 2020, 2nd game she was at least a stone overweight, came on and could hardly move. Unsurprising she couldn't get a regular start.

Massive year ahead for Rangers. IMO they have to go and win it. By far the biggest budget and the biggest expectation. Not beating Celtic in 3 games (2 losses) and losing fairly meekly to City twice has to be turned around for them.
You’d be at least a stone overweight carrying a pair like that about with you. ;)

Robertson is one of those players that you despise playing for the other team but would instantly make us a much better team (tho she gets away with murder in a Yahoo shirt)
I actually played 7’s with her a few times a couple of years back. Very good feet and didn’t give a shit about clipping heels or seem intimidated being the only woman playing. She was at Hibs then and has only kept improving.

I second that. Sonia, while "interesting" to male fans, did not add sufficiently to the competitiveness of the female group at the club.

Therefore, it is for the best -- for her and the women's side -- that she has moved on. Like everyone connected at some point with Rangers, I wish her the best for the future.

There look to be some great footballers and athletes in the current female group, and I am quietly confident for the season ahead.

In terms of recent new additions, I thought the recent signing of striker/forwards player Jane Ross (who has played for Manchester City, West Ham and Manchester United) was a good one.

Last edited:
There’s a few good kids coming through at Under 17 level, in particular a wee girl Kirsty MacLean, a midfielder and an absolute stand out in the recent Scotland/England Schools match.

Kirsty is a friend of ours niece. She comes from a good family. Hope she can make it properly.

At Rangers they’re getting upwards of 20k, higher profile signings on upto around 25k. On top of that some will be getting accommodation, as well as they get the vast majority of their meals at the training centre so have very little outgoings compared to the normal person.

At Rangers they’re getting upwards of 20k, higher profile signings on upto around 25k. On top of that some will be getting accommodation, as well as they get the vast majority of their meals at the training centre so have very little outgoings compared to the normal person.

i would love to see my friends wee girl make it. At only 10 years of age you can tell she has a lot of skill and knowledge about the game. Ive seen her play against boys in the park and she runs rings round them and is also playing with girls 2 years her senior in her wee local team. Ive told my friend to keep her at it as she will only get better

i would love to see my friends wee girl make it. At only 10 years of age you can tell she has a lot of skill and knowledge about the game. Ive seen her play against boys in the park and she runs rings round them and is also playing with girls 2 years her senior in her wee local team. Ive told my friend to keep her at it as she will only get better
Absolutely, there’s much more of an opportunity for young girls now. A lot of clubs now put their girls teams into boys leagues at the younger ages as it really tests them, and when they get older and come to senior level its becoming clearer who’s spent some time playing against boys.

Absolutely, there’s much more of an opportunity for young girls now. A lot of clubs now put their girls teams into boys leagues at the younger ages as it really tests them, and when they get older and come to senior level its becoming clearer who’s spent some time playing against boys.

she’s really enjoying her football to so it’s not even a chore for her to go to training etc. Fingers crossed she keeps at it. I know she’s still young so hope she doesn’t get distracted and led away when she hits her teens

Kirsty is a friend of ours niece. She comes from a good family. Hope she can make.

I know one of the other girls coming through, but having watched the Scottish Schools match, Kirsty to me was head and shoulders above the other 21 players on the pitch.

Good to know she’s from a good family. Will hopefully remain injury free and have a good career with Rangers.

She was told it was down to personal issues the same as Sonia and Daina Bourma, in Carly’s case it was the interference of her Dad in public.
Carly would have been reasonably professional playing for us despite being a Celtic fan. I personally am surprised it’s her Dad that’s caused the issues and not her Mother.

She’ll do well down south and she’s still young. I thought she would have been kept on but it is what it is. Bourma too, she had reasonable talent but clearly not good enough for us.

Carly would have been reasonably professional playing for us despite being a Celtic fan. I personally am surprised it’s her Dad that’s caused the issues and not her Mother.

She’ll do well down south and she’s still young. I thought she would have been kept on but it is what it is. Bourma too, she had reasonable talent but clearly not good enough for us.
I agree!

I think she’ll do really well now where she is, they’ve signed Jamie Lee Napier as well so they’ll help each other out, and the General Manager at London City would’ve coached her up here as well when she was a youth player.

still short of numbers i reckon
especially in midfield

interesting to note that of the ones that left in the summer, only Sonia is without a club

My daughter plays as well, she’s a defender and solid in the tackle. She loves winning the ball. I’m not quite sure if she will make it, however some of the girls in her team might as they are cracking players. It’s so good to see girls being given a platform to play. It’s a different game from the male football and obviously it will always be second best, but just to be given a chance is great.

My daughter plays as well, she’s a defender and solid in the tackle. She loves winning the ball. I’m not quite sure if she will make it, however some of the girls in her team might as they are cracking players. It’s so good to see girls being given a platform to play. It’s a different game from the male football and obviously it will always be second best, but just to be given a chance is great.
Be prepared for a lot of shite being flung your way if you dare try and defend the women’s game, once you can distance it from the men’s game and treat it like any other competitive team sport you realise that it’s just 2 teams playing one another except you don’t get the diving, cheating and play acting like you do in the men’s game.
Hope your daughter and her pals keep it up and don’t let any boy/man put them down and they make a success of playing the game.

She was told it was down to personal issues the same as Sonia and Daina Bourma, in Carly’s case it was the interference of her Dad in public.

did the club actually tell her that straight?

having played Junior while her dad was on the coaching staff of a team in my league not surprised to hear he’s been, shall we say, vocal.

Be prepared for a lot of shite being flung your way if you dare try and defend the women’s game, once you can distance it from the men’s game and treat it like any other competitive team sport you realise that it’s just 2 teams playing one another except you don’t get the diving, cheating and play acting like you do in the men’s game.
Hope your daughter and her pals keep it up and don’t let any boy/man put them down and they make a success of playing the game.

I wouldn’t be a fan of woman’s football to be honest, bar my pals wee lass playing a few games ive probably never watched a full woman’s game in my life, but it’s good to see girls getting a chance to play in their own game and that it’s on the up. I know piles of girls who love football as much as we do. One girl travels to every home game with us and has a season ticket. I’ve another female pal who goes as much as she can when she gets tickets.

Exactly!

The only people who fling shite at it are people who never watch it or experience it, and they’re the same people who try and compare it to the men’s game when it needs to be treated as it’s own thing. I’ve been involved for a long time and the time and effort that is put in by players, coaches and other volunteers to run the sport is incredible, especially when 99% is unpaid, not even expenses covered for most people.

Back