Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's in charge of Black Rooster Dates for the women? FFS :oops:

Edit - you're ginger and average.

Am I having a Rangers da moment?

Colette cavanagh gone going by her instagram

Never got a fair chance imo
Offered more of a goal threat than most of the midfielders
Never seen her play enough to pass comment. Was she just injured a lot or deemed not better than those who started?

Never seen her play enough to pass comment. Was she just injured a lot or deemed not better than those who started?
I think a bit of both. I'd certainly have liked her to get more of a chance.

As for Jo Potter? Young woman with 35 England caps. A risk, for sure, but she'll look great in a navy suit and brown brogues.

Great to see her Twitter post getting so many 'best wishes'.

Last edited:
Colette cavanagh gone going by her instagram

Never got a fair chance imo
Offered more of a goal threat than most of the midfielders

Not seen a great deal of her other than a few decent games for hibs against us and obviously don’t see what goes on in training every day but was a shame for her to give up a teaching career to come and sit on the bench for a year

Not seen a great deal of her other than a few decent games for hibs against us and obviously don’t see what goes on in training every day but was a shame for her to give up a teaching career to come and sit on the bench for a year

Given the midfields often poor showings was surprising she didn't get more of a chance

Need to get more players in now the coach is confirmed

Only 1 fit senior CB, some injuries and lost a few without adding

Seems she's a wee bit bitter. Her insta post refers to her nickname as Unused Sub

As an aside, should this thread now be closed and a new one started for 23/24?

senior squad now sitting with

GK - Esson / Fife

DEF - Docherty / Hill* / Martinez* / Davison / McLauchlan

MID - Middag / Cornet / McLean / Danielsson*

ATT - Howatt / McCoy* / Ross* / Bell / Watson / Mcleary / Hay / Arnott

* - injured currently

unless we are going 2-3-5 formation for next season, we need players in

She had plenty of passion and effort but unfortunately wasn't good enough in my opinion on the ball.

She looked decent when she came on in the fleeting appearances I saw of her and, when compared to the likes of Cornet's levels, there can't have been much in it but I can see why she's been let go.

We deseprately need to improve the midfield (and we've lost our best senior one) and if the option is to sign someone better than Cornet and she then becomes the squad player, that's best for us but a shame for Cav.

senior squad now sitting with

GK - Esson / Fife

DEF - Docherty / Hill* / Martinez* / Davison / McLauchlan

MID - Middag / Cornet / McLean / Danielsson*

ATT - Howatt / McCoy* / Ross* / Bell / Watson / Mcleary / Hay / Arnott

* - injured currently

unless we are going 2-3-5 formation for next season, we need players in
What ever happened to Zoe Ness? I thought she was injured?

She looked decent when she came on in the fleeting appearances I saw of her and, when compared to the likes of Cornet's levels, there can't have been much in it but I can see why she's been let go.

We deseprately need to improve the midfield (and we've lost our best senior one) and if the option is to sign someone better than Cornet and she then becomes the squad player, that's best for us but a shame for Cav.

Middag is our best midfielder for me (need to stop playing her at Cb tho)
McLean will be soon

Middag is our best midfielder for me (need to stop playing her at Cb tho)
McLean will be soon

I'd certainly be keeping Tess, yeah.

The midfield has been a big issue for years.

Really never impressed me but we've gone backwards from even that level.

Big fan of McLean too. I'd build the team round her really.

Like the mens team a big rebuild will be needed.The new coach has it all to do unless she can upgrade what we have left.
Expect McLean and Watson to play more this season but they are youngsters and will need some quality around them.A few of the older ones must be getting to the stage where they need to be replaced.
We need some energy and pace especially in midfield areas and personally I would have been in the market for a better keeper than we have on the books.

Like the mens team a big rebuild will be needed.The new coach has it all to do unless she can upgrade what we have left.
Expect McLean and Watson to play more this season but they are youngsters and will need some quality around them.A few of the older ones must be getting to the stage where they need to be replaced.
We need some energy and pace especially in midfield areas and personally I would have been in the market for a better keeper than we have on the books.
I think we also need some physicality, both in midfield and in defence, especially when you consider how lightweight we were against our 2 biggest rivals.

The number of goals we conceded from set pieces, where we were out-muscled, was shocking and was, in particular, compounded by neither goalkeeper being commanding with cross balls.

Likewise, we never offered much of a threat from our own set pieces against either of those teams and both defensively and offensively we have to do better in the season ahead or we'll struggle again. We ask too much of Kirsty Howat as a lone forward against physically stronger opponents and she needs someone alongside her who will win those kind of battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back