Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

I thought there would have been a bigger crowd than that.
I'm assuming that is less than turn up for OFs at Broadwood and Airdrie?
I think it is more than the League games since only the Main stand in use in the League and for it to be even near 2000 that mean both stands would need to be full to capacity and I have never seen that happening

Given where the women game has come from in the recent seasons it still a good crowd - had around 10k at the final last season

Takes time for it to grow but you need 2 sides to make it work - the organiser and the clubs themselves

I think it is more than the League games since only the Main stand in use in the League and for it to be even near 2000 that mean both stand would full to capacity and I have never seen that happening

Given where the women game has come from in the recent seasons it still a good crowd - had around 10k at the final last season

Takes time for it to grow but you need 2 sides to make it work - the organiser and the clubs themselves

Possibly just looks like more since the stands are smaller.
I do agree that the clubs and the SFA and SWPL need to do more to promote the games. Rangers in particular appear to be a bit half hearted at times.

Scottish FA give the attendance as 2857

Footyadventues - Sam North done a vlog

Jeez!
How did I not manage to see him? I was only a couple of rows directly behind.

The young lass in blue is obscuring me (thankfully) and you can see Kermit lady to the right of the picture who imparted her vast knowledge of all things Rangers ladies upon me.

Why can’t we kick off as we are ready the officials are ready and the ref should blow for kick off while they are messing about. It would soon stop if we kicked off and scored from half way
If they had won today then they would have definitely made it a regular thing, they still might.

If they try it again in either the women’s or men’s team and the referee does nothing about it, our team should wait until their huddle breaks up and then do our own.

If they had won today then they would have definitely made it a regular thing, they still might.

If they try it again in either the women’s or men’s team and the referee does nothing about it, our team should wait until their huddle breaks up and then do our own.
It’s been a regular thing for years

Great result today.For Jo and the ladies!
Let's see if this can, make them kick on, and still snatch the league?

Men, I hope you are taking note.
They fought for every ball today, and ultimately wanted it more.
Can you do the same in a couple of weeks time?

tbc

We thoroughly deserved the win. However I don’t think it’s harsh to say although we controlled the game we struggled at times to get going with that lot even more so. I’m not sure if it was the big pitch, the surface, the occasion or a combination of all three. Winning was all that mattered though and with two great finishes to boot.

Wee Olivia was my player of the Match. She has the most difficult job at the Club in replacing the best player in Scotland in Kirsty MacLean. What a loss she’s been. I’ve seen Olivia slowly improving and growing into the role and we’re so lucky we got her in on loan in January. Yesterday was her best game for us and alongside Chelsea we won the midfield battle.

Well done girls!

I am still buzzing after that result yesterday. Also a bit embarrassed about a couple of compliments in here too :))
I think without doubt you could see the difference in having our first choice back 3 fit and available. I thought Liv, Chelsea and Rowey all had great games in the middle of the park too. Both Mia and Brogan weren’t as effective going forward but put in a defensive shift that I feel is often overlooked in these games. There were some points in the first half especially where Mia was sitting deeper than Nic!
It was a bit of a head scratcher to start the game with our weaker options up front but it then became an inspired substitution to be able to bring both Rio and Kirsty H on as they were tiring and the game was opening up. Both goals were excellent finishes too.
Hopefully we can keep that momentum going throughout the remainder of the season now.

What is it with them and their constant black arts gamesmanship. Little man syndrome or just a huge chip on their shoulder. So much like their men’s team the sneaky breaking up of play and going down at the least wee touch looking for corners and free kicks.

At the end of the day they just show their lack of class and let’s hope we can do them in the League. Big game against Hearts.

One of those games that looks much better in highlights than in real time!

Listening to Jo post-match, though, the scrappy nature of the game seemed to be deliberate. Her tactics were 1. to snuff out the Celtic threat, confident that her girls would get the chance of a goal and 2. use Ewings and Ross to tire the Uglies' defence and bring on Hardy and Howat as fresh legs.

And, to her credit, it worked.

Back