Raskin out of the next 2 under 21 Belgium matches.

Of course not. But I am expecting him to rest up, especially when the knock was serious enough that he couldn’t even make the bench at the weekend and had to withdraw from international duty.

He’s flown through 3 different countries and will be covering 10’s of miles of walking. Nobodies suggesting he can’t live his life, go for meals or anything like that, but surely you can see that doing lots of flying and going to Disneyland when injured isn’t the smartest move to aid recovery?

It will make absolutely no difference whatsoever.

I never said they weren't, but that doesn't change the fact we are normally really unlucky when a player picks up a minor injury, in that he ends up out for longer than initially said. That's why people fear the worst here, and you can't really blame them
Perhaps there are 2 categories and I don’t mean to be cruel.
Below some examples.

-Chronic Invalid
Roofe Helander Souttar Jack ?

-Rarely injured
Tav Goldson (and I know he has been out this season)Kent

And you can occasionally get movers who can move from 1 to another like Barisic.

At this moment I have Raskin is rarely so I expect him back in time for our next game.

Of course not. But I am expecting him to rest up, especially when the knock was serious enough that he couldn’t even make the bench at the weekend and had to withdraw from international duty.

He’s flown through 3 different countries and will be covering 10’s of miles of walking. Nobodies suggesting he can’t live his life, go for meals or anything like that, but surely you can see that doing lots of flying and going to Disneyland when injured isn’t the smartest move to aid recovery?
As in, he couldn't play in the game?

As in, he couldn't play in the game?
As in, he wasn’t even fit enough to make a 9 man bench and also isn’t fit enough to make the bench for his international side for 2 weeks to come.

It’s being played down as a ‘knock’ when in reality it’s a 3 week injury lay-off. Players carrying knocks can still function.

You’re not resting if you’re kicking around airports and walking miles at theme parks. Rest means rest.
There are many different levels of rest, it is not a black and white 'on' or 'off' and you can bet as much as you like that he will be doing what he is doing with the sign off of the club and the Belgian medical staff.

Is there not a rule now that players have to be checked over by International team doctors as they do not take the word of their current teams doctors due to constant International call-offs?

So he must have some sort of knock however minor.

There are many different levels of rest, it is not a black and white 'on' or 'off' and you can bet as much as you like that he will be doing what he is doing with the sign off of the club and the Belgian medical staff.
I’ve never heard of a theme park and several flight level of rest, but hey, modern medicine and all that.

You’d prescribe Disneyland to someone with low mood to cheer them up, but I can’t see the medical benefits if someone is suffering with a soft tissue or muscle injury to go on flights and cover miles of walking.

They might not have been against it, but I’m sure if you asked the club doctor would you rather he did or didn’t cover that much ground, it would be the latter.

I’ve never heard of a theme park and several flight level of rest, but hey, modern medicine and all that.

You’d prescribe Disneyland to someone with low mood to cheer them up, but I can’t see the medical benefits if someone is suffering with a soft tissue or muscle injury to go on flights and cover miles of walking.

They might not have been against it, but I’m sure if you asked the club doctor would you rather he did or didn’t cover that much ground, it would be the latter.
No, I obviously would not prescribe anything, given that I am not a medical professional. You might want to consider your own level of expertise in that area too, just by the by.

Raskin was obliged to travel to Belgium, as is standard with any international call-off, in order to be assessed by the international squad medical staff. He will have been given a list of what he can and cannot do by both our medics and by the international medics and given he is not doing what he is secretly, it is pretty obvious that he is 'allowed' to go.

It is a little baffling that someone would go to the lengths you are in order to have a go, particularly given you have not got the first fucking clue what grade his injury is, what is treatment plan is, what he is capable of doing, what he has been told to do, or not to do and you have no idea what has been said to him and by whom. Perhaps stop trying to justify an unjustifiable position and accept that literally every single person involved on his end of this knows an infinite amount more than you on the specifics and that it might just be fine for him to be doing as he is?

No, I obviously would not prescribe anything, given that I am not a medical professional. You might want to consider your own level of expertise in that area too, just by the by.

Raskin was obliged to travel to Belgium, as is standard with any international call-off, in order to be assessed by the international squad medical staff. He will have been given a list of what he can and cannot do by both our medics and by the international medics and given he is not doing what he is secretly, it is pretty obvious that he is 'allowed' to go.

It is a little baffling that someone would go to the lengths you are in order to have a go, particularly given you have not got the first fucking clue what grade his injury is, what is treatment plan is, what he is capable of doing, what he has been told to do, or not to do and you have no idea what has been said to him and by whom. Perhaps stop trying to justify an unjustifiable position and accept that literally every single person involved on his end of this knows an infinite amount more than you on the specifics and that it might just be fine for him to be doing as he is?
It’s baffling you’d go to the lengths you have done to argue the counter point.

It’s amusing that you think a quick post on FF is going to any sort of length to have a go. I’ve only replied to anyone who’s engaged me in conversation.

I think he should be home resting, and you think he should be on a rollercoaster. I don’t need to know his medical history, treatment plan or anything of the sort to have an opinion that he shouldnt be at a theme park in the middle of a 3 week lay off. That’s it in a nutshell really.

It’s amusing that you think a quick post on FF is going to any sort of length to have a go. I’ve only replied to anyone who’s engaged me in conversation.

I think he should be home resting, and you think he should be on a rollercoaster. I don’t need to know his medical history, treatment plan or anything of the sort to have an opinion that he shouldnt be at a theme park in the middle of a 3 week lay off. That’s it in a nutshell really.
Yeah mate, 2 whole points from me :D You have been at it since 7 pm last night :D

The entire basis of the point is you are not a doctor, you do not work for Rangers or Belgium, you have no idea what his injury is, you have no idea what he has been told by the people who do know, you have no idea what is program is or any, literally any of the finer details.

I do not
'think he should be on a rollercoaster'

I think that I know hee haw about the situation and medical professionals across 2 different institutions who both have a huge vested interest in his speedy recovery have clearly given the go ahead to his trip. My opinion is that it makes people looking absolutely ridiculous when they presume to know what other people should be doing in that kind of situation when they genuinely know fuck all about what is happening. It just looks pathetic tbh, and going out of your way to have a dig at someone over something you are not even 1% qualified to talk about. Fill your boots though kid.

I suspect he will have been told to take the weight of it for a couple of days if it’s only a minor strain.

Yeah mate, 2 whole points from me :D You have been at it since 7 pm last night :D

The entire basis of the point is you are not a doctor, you do not work for Rangers or Belgium, you have no idea what his injury is, you have no idea what he has been told by the people who do know, you have no idea what is program is or any, literally any of the finer details.

I do not

I think that I know hee haw about the situation and medical professionals across 2 different institutions who both have a huge vested interest in his speedy recovery have clearly given the go ahead to his trip. My opinion is that it makes people looking absolutely ridiculous when they presume to know what other people should be doing in that kind of situation when they genuinely know fuck all about what is happening. It just looks pathetic tbh, and going out of your way to have a dig at someone over something you are not even 1% qualified to talk about. Fill your boots though kid.
don't get the hysteria by some on here either. he's no got a game for a while, so probably got a few days off, like the rest of the Rangers team I'd think.
some folks equate injured with not being able to do day to day things like a normal person, and they should be bedridden, when in some cases all that's requried is just time and nowt else

I do not

I made one post and have replied to anyone who’s replied, like you. Surely if you’ve taken the time to scroll back to 7pm last night, you can see that your point has already been made by others, and you just fancied a wee ranty post at me. You haven’t said anything new, so really shouldn’t have bothered.

Yeah you’re right, we should ask the admin to close every thread about player injuries until we’ve all gone through medical degrees, examined their entire medical history and had a teams call with the club doctor. That’s not how it works pal. People are allowed to base their opinions on publicly known knowledge, and it’s in the public domain that he’s not been fit enough to even make the bench for us and can’t report for international duty.

I’m not having a dig whatsoever, I just think resting up is a better idea, he’s still my new favourite midfielder, even if he does like Mickey Mouse. You’ve got your knickers in a right twist over it. Forums are here for people to share their opinions, but you seem to be unable to just share your own and leave it at that, and instead resort to swearing and bursting a blood vessel.

No if you don’t mind fella, I’m off to check on Raskin’s Mrs insta page for purely research reasons…

don't get the hysteria by some on here either. he's no got a game for a while, so probably got a few days off, like the rest of the Rangers team I'd think.
some folks equate injured with not being able to do day to day things like a normal person, and they should be bedridden, when in some cases all that's requried is just time and nowt else
There’s no hysteria, ironically, it’s hysteria you using that word to describe a few posts.

Anyone who’s mentioned him being in Paris just thinks it’s a better idea to rest up, that’s all.

I’ve never regarded going on holiday as a day to day thing. Nobodies suggestion he can’t pop out for milk or a meal, but it’s just not the best idea to fly to another country and walk miles when you’re carrying an injury (said in a non hysteria tone)

There’s no hysteria, ironically, it’s hysteria you using that word to describe a few posts.

Anyone who’s mentioned him being in Paris just thinks it’s a better idea to rest up, that’s all.

I’ve never regarded going on holiday as a day to day thing. Nobodies suggestion he can’t pop out for milk or a meal, but it’s just not the best idea to fly to another country and walk miles when you’re carrying an injury (said in a non hysteria tone)
I was taught that if you are saying or doing one thing, and everyone else is doing or saying the opposite, it is probably a you issue rather than an everyone else issue.

As in, he wasn’t even fit enough to make a 9 man bench and also isn’t fit enough to make the bench for his international side for 2 weeks to come.

It’s being played down as a ‘knock’ when in reality it’s a 3 week injury lay-off. Players carrying knocks can still function.
Not fit to play, but should be fit to make the bench?

Sometimes keeping walking naturally and exercising is the best cure. When you become inactive, the knee muscles tighten up. Lying in bed is probably the sorest for a knee injury.

One of those hashtags is "cupping".

I'd imagine that's pretty low level recovery stuff? From a limited knowledge of it, I can't see it being used on an injury deemed in any way serious.

Fuking hell mate, you've completely lost it here :))

He won't be walking miles, if he's in any way aggravating the injury. It was a minor strain or knock, so provided it's not hurting, walking is a good activity to keep the muscles and joints active, whilst it repairs itself.

There are very few injuries where rest or bed rest are required, generally only very serious ones that need to heal pre- rehab. Raskin will be absolutely fine I'm sure.

Fuking hell mate, you've completely lost it here :))

He won't be walking miles, if he's in any way aggravating the injury. It was a minor strain or knock, so provided it's not hurting, walking is a good activity to keep the muscles and joints active, whilst it repairs itself.

There are very few injuries where rest or bed rest are required, generally only very serious ones that need to heal pre- rehab. Raskin will be absolutely fine I'm sure.
Anyone who has had an operation or spent any time in a hospital bed will know how quick your muscles degenerate. A month in a hospital bed would take months to build up your muscle strength again. That is a why serious ligament damage takes so long to return from.

Good I'd think, he's getting looked after by pros, I'm sure Rangers would have been in contact with him
If he's seeing an out of club physio the club either admit ours are useless or it's not good news, or we're all just overthinking this because our sweet Prince has a slight niggle

Flying last week and I could feel cabin pressure having an effect on ma body, my feet in particular.

90 % of Americans don't have a passport.

That's why space mountain is a fuukin 70 minute wait.

So it could make an impact on injuries. pelem logic.com

Malmo 2 Rangers 1
Dundee Utd 1 Rangers 0
Rangers 1 Malmo 2
Alashkert 0 Rangers 0
Rangers 0 Lyon 2
Rangers 1 Motherwell 1
Sparta Prague 1 Rangers 0
Rangers 1 Hearts 1
Rangers 2 Aberdeen 2
Brondby 1 Rangers 1
Rangers 1 Hibs 3

we had 13 wins out of 24 games at the start of last season. Was that fit ?

Do you know how long it takes a professional player to get fit and how long it takes for a professional football player to lose his fitness ?

or did you just read someone on here posting it.

Remarks players made, what Arfield saying he preferred Yogi Hughes and Sean Dyche running the players till they dropped. The same Arfield who was out injured within weeks because he couldn’t cope with Beale’s training.

It has been well documented the training was different, it was about getting the players “football fit”, there is a clue there, some folk watch football and just don’t understand it. Any coach in the world will tell you that you make the ball do the work. It’s not about running about like dafties all over the park. When Real Madrid beat celtic at Parkhead they ran on average 1km per player less, that is approx 10% less. So how can that be possible ?

This will trigger a few but Fabio Cardoso when with us said our game wasn’t as technical he was having to run three times as much. It wasn’t about possession it was about running around. He is still playing at Porto who narrowly lost out 1-0 on aggregate to Milan in the last 16 of the CL having topped their group of Athletico Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen and Brugge.

There is a reason both us and celtic have never done anything in the CL, it’s not about being fit as in to the uneducated able to run about a lot it’s what you can do with the ball, being football fit.

Some fans read Arfield's comments and took it to mean that we didn't do any running and we were just fannying about at pre season having a kick about.

The days of having footballers running up and down the sand dunes until they're sick are long gone.

Screenshot-2023-03-23-at-10-36-46.png

Serious question - do you think you have a better grasp of this specific injury and the methodology required to treat it than 1) Rangers, 2)The Belgian national team and , 3) the player himself?

Yes he clearly does, name should be changed to tinfoilhat :))

These threads that bring out the armchair medical experts on FF, are similar to the science denying nonsense that frequents the Lounge. Mental!

Just posted a story on instagram of the view whilst driving into the training centre.

I guess he’s taken a few days off, and then came back in for rehab/treatment.

Are they?

Roofe is out for the rest of the time civilisation has left
Lawrence is out for the season.
Is Helander still alive?
No idea what the script is with Matondo?
Souttar was originally supposed to be back to face St Johnstone, I think it was a further month before he appeared.

fixed the Roofe one.

Back