Recruitment

Wazzah

I know it's early on but did we do enough in terms of recruitment

As I say still early on

Hopefully bacuna gets a chance Sunday

As you said it's a tad early to tell but impressions so far is that we haven't improved the starting 11. I'm hoping that the board didn't get complacent as we finished a country mile ahead of them last season.

I know it's early on but did we do enough in terms of recruitment

As I say still early on

Hopefully bacuna gets a chance Sunday
We didn’t sell of any significance, add in the losses due to no fans etc Honestly don’t know how you think it’s realistic to recruit better than what we have.

I'm not overly impressed by any of them but then again we shopped in the bargain bin. None of them barring Lundstrum have had a ton of minutes either tbf and could yet come good. I hope so anyway.

We're eventually gonna have to sell players and reinvest wisely, it's the only way to improve from our current level. We've not sold anybody of note yet.

Lundstram will probably play a fair amount and to be fair to him looks like he’s turned a corner. However if Ryan Jack could by some miracle be available for more than 1/2 the season Lundstram would be on the bench.

Sakala I don’t know how much of an impact he will have, he certainly won’t displace Morelos, Roofe or Kent and is behind Hagi, Aribo & Wright for me in the 10.

Bacuna, who knows. I haven’t seen anything of him at all so need to wait and see.

It’s early days but the signs are despite the manager saying we were looking to improve the 11, we haven’t.

Which position would you strengthened? For me LB but be interesting to see what majority think
Money needs spent on the midfield, only position we've spent heehaw on since the current management team came in. Ideally a better standard of right forward aswell.

Which position would you strengthened? For me LB but be interesting to see what majority think
We would struggle to get a better left back than Borna without spending big money and Bassey is a more than capable back up
If we have any money to spend it should be on an attacking midfielder

We would struggle to get a better left back than Borna without spending big money and Bassey is a more than capable back up
If we have any money to spend it should be on an attacking midfielder
I really do think in the summer we need to make a decision on Ryan jack. Getting a bit bored of hearing he’s so many days away etc

Someone to challenge Kent he's a cracking player but has it easy only left sided winger we have

No, we didn't do enough. We haven't improved the first eleven and we've started the season with concerns mounting, from serious injuries (Helander) to key players looking chronically off the pace (Kent, Borna), players not signing new contracts, and a sense that the team is suffering from general fatigue.

I find it depressing we were only linked with 5-6 players the whole window it seemed. We haven't seen a lot of the new guys and they might prove to be a revelation. But if the goal was to improve the first eleven, game 1 of the CL/EL groups is certainly about the time you'd want to start seeing evidence of that. The fact we failed the CL test already having served as proof that we haven't moved forward.

It would have probably been better to sell at least one key player to fund a purchase, even if only a fraction of the transfer fee went to recruitment. People will say we didn't receive any decent bids, and if so fair enough. But for the number of times people post on here about "the model" we have to start seeing it in action or else we're just going to watch this team age out or leave for nothing and shrug our shoulders going "how do you expect us to improve?"

Back