Red Arrows Flyby not happening

Let's face it, it was NEVER going to happen. However the whole buzz it gave the support was highly commendable for the Bridgeton bears, and £60,000 raised for charity in such a short period of time is quite remarkable and testimony to the big hearts of our support.
Take a bow everybody, 55 is coming with or without a flypast.

2CmbdTl.mp4
2CmbdTl.mp4

Let's face it, it was NEVER going to happen. However the whole buzz it gave the support was highly commendable for the Bridgeton bears, and £60,000 raised for charity in such a short period of time is quite remarkable and testimony to the big hearts of our support.
Take a bow everybody, 55 is coming with or without a flypast.
Hear hear. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Well done to everyone involved. Who knows what options may open up in the future. We must keep thinking big. "If they spend a fiver we will spend a tenner". No surrender.

Nothing but positives have come from this. We all probably knew it was unlikely but some great charities close to the Rangers support will benefit greatly.

And that’s probably better than a short lived fly by from the Red Arrows, as good as it would be.

Well done to the fundraisers and all involved.

What about one of those drone companies that send up few hundred drones to do stuff,that'd be just as good surely?

Shame

Maybe they can use some funds to get private planes in May on the day we get the trophy presented

Don’t have to spend all the fund but surely we could organise this

Must be a way

£60k will fund a lot of charities, so probably a better choice of spending it.

Had a feeling it wouldn’t be able to take place but it was a nice idea. And great that so many people will benefit from the goodwill of our support, again!

It would be nice if some was sent to Alfredo's charity. He does a lot of good work in his home country.
I agree but in fairness they did set out right at the start that if this couldn’t be achieved then the charities named would benefit. can’t really change that now.

It was always a very long shot.

The only criticism I've made, right from the start, was that they should have made enquiries before launching the appeal. I'm retired now but had 32 years in the Royal Air Force so had an understanding of the obstacles that needed to be overcome.

Nevertheless, a magnificent effort from the guys at the Bridgeton Loyal and the response from Bears has been superb. It's great that the charities will benefit with such a huge injection of cash.

That's fair, although I imagine this was a trip into the unknown for everyone involved and I doubt anyone will have a problem donating to the charities, so no harm done.

Could we get you to run past with your arms out plane style and some smoke bombs strapped to your back B-)
How about this Charity it has something that resonates

Actually gutted about this, it would have been amazing.

I'd like them to save a bit back and hire a plane with a banner to circle Glasgow and the outlying area with a massive 55 banner every day for a month

We could hire Tina Turner and Mental As Anything. There would probably still be £30k left over.

Surely we can hire a small plane with a banner flying from the back of it to circle the city for a few hours as an alternative?

Too bad the flyby can’t happen but well done to everyone who contributed, the money raised is certainly going to make a big difference to some really worthy causes. It worked out great in the end anyway

It was a great idea although it did seem a long shot at the time but I like everyone else stuck into the fund in the hope it would happen!!

It's a shame it won't be happening but the money being split between two great causes is the best way to celebrate the generosity of our fanbase and our 55th title.

Time and time again we prove that we really are the people!

Personally i think it would be great if we could give some of the money to Kris Boyd's charity.

Especially with people struggling with their mental health during this pandemic.

Would have been a wonderful tribute to the club from the fans, but it wasn’t to be. Now over the moon that two wonderful charities will benefit greatly from our amazing fans. Well done all Bears that donated.

If we promise it to his favourite charity, ask the future King William to come up and present the trophy instead :))

There are companies out there who do drone ‘displays’, I’m sure there was one at New Year and I’ve seen it at Disney in Florida.

Perhaps a night-time display over Ibrox culminating in a ‘55’ would be appropriate.

Think that would be awesome myself.

Back