Official Ridvan Yilmaz signs on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

Just watched two "skills" videos of him on Youtube.

The first one had me terrified, all it showed was a wee guy with decent anticipation but who was constantly getting bullied and falling down in the tackle or giving the ball away with some eye-wateringly poor passing.

The second one looks more like it. Looks alot like David Robertson from a distance in terms of his movement and crossing.

From what I've seen though I'd say there's no guarantee he'll have Borna's jersey this season. Hopefully the competition brings the best out of both.

I really think you're underestimating how good this lad is.

Just watched two "skills" videos of him on Youtube.

The first one had me terrified, all it showed was a wee guy with decent anticipation but who was constantly getting bullied and falling down in the tackle or giving the ball away with some eye-wateringly poor passing.

The second one looks more like it. Looks alot like David Robertson from a distance in terms of his movement and crossing.

From what I've seen though I'd say there's no guarantee he'll have Borna's jersey this season. Hopefully the competition brings the best out of both.
Terrified and Davie Robertson as descriptors.

Jesus titty fucking christ

you'd had thought that'd be obvious, that's the one thing the tims and their fans never quite grasped, happy enough to be flat track bullies and only now seeing they've been lied to by their club after seeing what we've done in europe
Sutton will be in the paper tomorrow telling them that Ralston and Taylor are just the bestest and these clowns will lap it up.

They were gifted the league by the SPFL but European success will be beyond their reach.

What I really like about this signing on paper is that we were obviously well prepared for the possibility of Bassey moving on and Yilmaz feels like he was probably our first choice if it happened.

£20m in, £4-5m out, and another exciting young talent in the ranks, yet one that already comes with a big reputation and international experience to boot.

An excellent big of business by the looks of it.

Last edited:
What I really like about this signing on paper is that we were obviously well prepared for the possibility of Bassey moving on and Yilmaz feels like he was probably our first choice if happened.

£20 in, £4-5m out, and another exciting young talent in the ranks, yet one that already comes with a big reputation and international experience to boot.

An excellent big of business by the looks of it.

£20 in, £5million out.

That's terrible business.

Starting with goldson
5-B3-A51-AD-A79-E-428-D-B1-B2-3-F601560-B910.gif

Welcome to Rangers Ridva.
Really looking forward to seeing him play for us - by all accounts he has massive potential.
I wonder if this signing is opening up new ground for us, buying a very promising player for a decent fee and over 2 to 3 years enjoy him in the team while developing him into a £20m+ player to sell on.
Up to now our big sales have been for acquisitions on modest fees (Aribo, Bassey, even Patterson). This could be our step into a real player trading operation.

I wouldn't write off Borna yet. Yilmaz had bad luck with injuries last season and didn't manage more than 7 consecutive league starts. I expect Borna to play his part, he is a very good left back.

I wouldn't write off Borna yet. Yilmaz had bad luck with injuries last season and didn't manage more than 7 consecutive league starts. I expect Borna to play his part, he is a very good left back.
No offence mate but you can f##k right off with the Yilmaz injury chat. Don't want to jinx the guy!!

Back