Official Ridvan Yilmaz signs on a five-year deal from Besiktas.

I wouldn't write off Borna yet. Yilmaz had bad luck with injuries last season and didn't manage more than 7 consecutive league starts. I expect Borna to play his part, he is a very good left back.

Borna will play his part, but Yilmaz didn't have a lot of injuries and played more than 7 games in a row a few times last season looking at that!
I said more than 7 consecutive league starts. He did have a few injuries. And before anyone has go at me for being negative, I’m not, I think he looks like a great signing, I just think some of the comments on Barisic are very premature and that was the point I was making.

Last edited:
I said more than 7 consecutive league starts. He did have a few injuries. And before anyone has go at me for being negative, I’m not, I think he looks like a great signing, I just think some of the comments on Barisic are very premature and that was the point I was making.
Whilst your stat is true, I don't think it makes the point you want it to make (IMO). He missed 5 league games through injury. He played in 11 consecutive games at one stretch. He was in the matchday squad for 13 games in a row at one point.

BTW, Barisic missed 6 league games, and had a max of five consecutive league starts.

Whilst your stat is true, I don't think it makes the point you want it to make (IMO). He missed 5 league games through injury. He played in 11 consecutive games at one stretch. He was in the matchday squad for 13 games in a row at one point.

BTW, Barisic missed 6 league games, and had a max of five consecutive league starts.
I wasn’t saying only injuries stopped him getting a run of starts though. He wasn't first choice for the whole season. I could be wrong, but I would be surprised if Barisic didn't get a good number of appearances and is rotated in during a busy season to keep both players fit and injury-free.

Welcome to Rangers.

We're back to two strong left backs but only one strong right back.

Should loan Patterson

I always find it funny that as foreign players like Ridvan learn English they will learn it with a Glasgow accent.

Mind you he will still be easier to understand than Greegs.

Welcome to Rangers son.

Alfie take note… that’s what you call a haircut, with a proper side shed

However, I wonder how Borna feels reading Ross Wilson’s words… “Gio and I were clear in our desire to invest in a high potential and high quality left back. We have now secured that…”

Ouch!

At last....better be good.
I've only seen him on YouTube videos but this young guy looks as if he will become a really good player for us . He seems to be in the opposition box as much as he is in his own., He looks to have a sweet left foot and his deliveries into the box are on a par with Barasic.
We have not paid that kind of money for him to sit on the bench.

Welcome to Rangers. High hopes for this signing and should give a nice balance to the left side. Its great to have competition for places.

Welcome to Rangers son.

Alfie take note… that’s what you call a haircut, with a proper side shed

However, I wonder how Borna feels reading Ross Wilson’s words… “Gio and I were clear in our desire to invest in a high potential and high quality left back. We have now secured that…”

Ouch!

Don't see that as a dig at Borna at all, Borna is high quality, but he isn't high potential given he is 29.

As long as he’s first choice & not Borna’s backup then happy with this - otherwise we’ve downgraded the first XI

I’m sure Gio of all people knows his left wingbacks so I’d trust his judgment on this

Last edited:
Just seeing the clubs who had shown an interest in this kid tells us he is pretty highly regarded. Also a full international with 6 caps for Turkey I believe this lad can go on to be a very big player for us.

Back