Roofe

Don't understand people saying how big a waste of money he has been.

What do you think his Braga and Betis goals made the club? Cup semi final winner v sheep etc.

Not to mention huge role in 55.

He's repaid his transfer fee with that Betis winner alone pretty much.

Wish him well. He didn't like being injured, it's plagued him his entire career.
If we are being really honest it’s probably the only reason we managed to get him.

If he wasn’t so hampered by injuries he would have kicked on from his Anderlecht move

If Gio just gave that man 15 minutes in Seville. He gave him 3 minutes and he got in behind their back line twice.

At the time I was hoping we'd bring on Diallo instead, given everything.

Can understand the reasoning, I just felt the game was better set for someone like Amad.

He’ll forever be a “what if” player sadly. Somewhere between a Mols and a Rosental in terms of what he gave us overall and what he could have were it not for injuries. He’ll always have 55 and I’ve many happy memories of the big man. All the best whatever he chooses next!
That October to January in the 55 sesson where he carried the attacking part of out team on terms of numbers won't be forgotten

A total of 100 appearances over four seasons (just 28 in the last two!) and 38 goals.

All in he’ll have cost us the guts of £10 million (almost £100k per appearance).

A shining example of the poor recruitment that has fucked us for years.
I wonder how much his goals against Braga and Betis were worth to us?

That October to January in the 55 sesson where he carried the attacking part of out team on terms of numbers won't be forgotten
Yeah I really don’t get the whole “stealing a wage” nonsense on here - he more than paid us back what we spent for him inc wages vs what he gave us. Far more than a Ryan Kent for example. A fully fit Roofe we’d have been sitting with 4 in a row just now but that doesn’t mean he didn’t contribute.

Or the one season he went injury free where we strolled to a league title. He goes with my best wishes. A shame how it worked out and definitely a what if but he played his part in some big moments when fit.

Il never forget the look in my wee boys eyes when he scored the goal against Braga at Ibrox. 6 years old at the time and I knew that was him hooked for life.

A few million.

Similarly, I wonder how many cups, titles and even European trophies we might have won (with the attacked financial benefits) had he been fit and available more often.

We’re not in the position to make a £10 million investment in a player to only have them contribute occasionally - we need the level of contribution you’ve highlighted much more often than not.

If we keep accepting otherwise we’ll keep watching that mob lift title after title after title.

Surely we will keep him around just in case we need him for the Cup Final? If Dessers picks up a knock we are in serious trouble up front
Hope so too. I'd be tempted to play him as a starter in the final, and substitute him with Dessers once he's run out of steam.

A few million.

Similarly, I wonder how many cups, titles and even European trophies we might have won (with the attacked financial benefits) had he been fit and available more often.

We’re not in the position to make a £10 million investment in a player to only have them contribute occasionally - we need the level of contribution you’ve highlighted much more often than not.

If we keep accepting otherwise we’ll keep watching that mob lift title after title after title.

Yep.

"If he was fit he wouldn't be at Rangers."

"If he could defend he wouldn't be at Rangers."

"If he could cross he wouldn't be at Rangers."

"If he could finish he wouldn't be at Rangers."

Maybe, you know, they just shouldn't be here then.

I’ll be forever grateful for aribo, that feeling was unbelievable when that goal went it.

But running up to it, whenever Roofe met fans plus his cryptic posts, he was fit and ready to play.

Maybe he felt he was? Maybe it was mind games with Frankfurt?

I think you need to be a wee bit thin skinned to feel you got led on by a strikers fitness. Especially given he did play a part in the final (and took penalty 5).

Maybe he felt he was? Maybe it was mind games with Frankfurt?

I think you need to be a wee bit thin skinned to feel you got led on by a strikers fitness. Especially given he did play a part in the final (and took penalty 5).
We lost a final, one of the problems was due to a perma-injured player, I’m not thinned skinned at all.

A striker would’ve made a difference in that game, why make excuses for a player who said he was fit and made an ineffective cameo.

I would trust Gio before a Daniel Sturidge imposter.

The Roofe signing has been a bit of a financial disaster, a very poor return for £10m+ he cost the club.

£4.5m transfer fee, £26kpw for 4 years (£5.5m), a total of about £10m+. That is just his rumoured wage, wouldn't surprise me if it was higher.

I await his post, ‘Last time walking past Ward 1, Suite 101 at Ross Hall.’

I’ll never forgive him for leading fans on that he was fit for Seville, if only we had a striker willing to play a European final, fit or not.

Aribo led the line well and scored. Roofe came on and almost got an assist for the winner.

His performance against Braga got us into the semi final.

I think you're way off it here to be honest.

Roofe gave us some big goals, but couldn't stay fit. A genuine "what if" as he could have been top class for us.

I hope he finds a good club to see out his career.

I await his post, ‘Last time walking past Ward 1, Suite 101 at Ross Hall.’

I’ll never forgive him for leading fans on that he was fit for Seville, if only we had a striker willing to play a European final, fit or not.
Full post of absolute brain rot. "Fit or not" ffs.

Reactions: GR3
Aribo led the line well and scored. Roofe came on and almost got an assist for the winner.

His performance against Braga got us into the semi final.

I think you're way off it here to be honest.

Roofe gave us some big goals, but couldn't stay fit. A genuine "what if" as he could have been top class for us.

I hope he finds a good club to see out his career.
We took a risk on an injury prone player who we couldn't have afforded otherwise. Helped us to 55, since that hasn't worked out. Some of the grief he gets is ridiculous.

I'm assuming he's just making a quick trip down south to see family or the like?

I'd be astounded if he's been told he's no more part to play in the last two games. I know it's absolutely not going to happen, but if somehow they did lose tonight and conceded a penalty and red card in the first minute against St Mirren, and Dessers then gets injured with us needing goals.

Full post of absolute brain rot. "Fit or not" ffs.
Fair enough if that’s your assessment of a player that’s played less than 104 games for us. 68 in the league according to transfer market. That’s a terrible return.

While they’ve racked up trophies after trophies,
Which is all that matters. We’ve got shocking result on players on more medals than our current legends, WTF!! That’s not good enough

Paying a player like Kemar Roofe the money we have to basically try rehabilitate him for 3 years is one of many reasons we’re in the mess we’re in right now.

Gross mismanagement from the board is one thing, but these injuries over the past few years have been horrendous.

Good luck to Kemar wherever he goes next.

Back