Ross County will come to attack and play football

Hearts should have suited us as well ... we tend to struggle against the low block and not the ones that come at us.

I just hope we score early or the atmosphere will be horrible if we lose a goal / go in at half time 0-0.

hopefully a much better performance both with and without the ball.

Do we struggle against them more than teams who attack us? I'm beginning to think this is a bit of a myth.

We've dropped points twice now against Hearts who came at us and against Celtic at Ibrox plus Aberdeen which is always an anomaly of a game anyway.

Would be I right in saying that we've beaten every team who employ this "low block" this season?

I don't know so much that we struggle in these games more at all.

If we don't apply ourselves we struggle whoever the opposition are and that was the issue on Sunday. We let them dictate the first 20 minutes of the game.

A bit like in Europe, we generally look a far superior team when someone tries to play against us rather than park the bus.

Again, this is verging on "Scotland play better against better teams (though ultimately lose all games anyway)" territory.

We've had good European results. We've had good domestic results.

All of them are because we've played well enough on the occasion itself far more than what other teams are letting us do.

The biggest concern for me yesterday was that after the St. Mirren game a lot of us said we needed to be far more energetic and direct against Hearts yet it was apparent after the first ten minutes yesterday that that simply wasn't happening.

We have undoubtedly returned from this break with a similar lethargy to the way we returned from last season's winter break and that is something we really need to rectify immediately.

But it's Ross Country, at home and we have Morelos back.

It should be a comfortable three points.
I think our issue vs hearts was that we were too direct. We barely had any spells where we passed the ball/kept possession.

That’s not what I’m saying mate, I think you know that. I’ve never yet known a player that didn’t respond better to encouragement rather than abuse.

But we are owed big time.
Yeah, I know, I was just meaning that thousands will turn up ready to give both barrels.

If we want to win the League we have to be up for every game no matter how the opposition set up.

It certainly would, but let's just get the points and get this show back on the road again.

Dont have a problem with us getting a few goals, but it seems to be expected at times and it doesn't work like that. Let's win the next 3 games and get a run going again.

Can't disagree with that. Next 3 games and 9 points would be ideal. An early goal Wedensday would help, the crowd need to get right behind the team and not be too nervy.

Hopefully that loss has brought a few back from holiday mode and we pump them

first 5/10 mins is crucial
and often lets us know how the game is going to pan out

we rarely are convincing after a poor start

Whatever way they play it's up to our players to respond and show some fight and determination. We need a good team performance to get going again

Hearts have shown the template for playing against us.Don't sit back and let us play
Get in the midfielders faces and they can't handle it.I am praying Morelos isn't rusty after a long layoff and hits the ground running or we are in for another uncomfortable night.

Big game this. Score early then we should be looking to put a dent in the goal difference also. Don't score early then I can see another St Mirren type game unfolding.

Doesn't take long does it. 24 hours ago the league was gone because we're pish, now we're back to getting the goal difference up and should be winning by 5 or 6.

I'd like to think this is a wind up.

It’s not about Ross County, it’s about us.

We’ve been terrible in 3 games since the split. If that happens on Wednesday, we’ll drop more points.

Of course they say that, but i fully expect them to park a double decker bus with a trailer in front of goal. however if they do attack it will be a quick counter long ball and breakout.

Of course they say that, but i fully expect them to park a double decker bus with a trailer in front of goal. however if they do attack it will be a quick counter long ball and breakout.
It will be good if "Ross County will come to attack and play football" rather than park "a double decker bus with a trailer in front of goal" which we seem to have had a lot of by teams visiting Ibrox recently. It seems that the ambition of many teams visiting Ibrox is to try and get a draw rather than win.

They were unlucky at the weekend and should have gone in at least 1 up against the filth which will give them confidence for Wednesday but as others have said, we are a different and much better team with Alfie playing

I think as long as Flanagan isn’t playing we are a far better defence than them. I hope they do come at us.

I'm sure that's the attitude the support will adopt and will sit hurling abuse until the 1st goal goes in.

Really good point BB. Despite how much we were let down yesterday we MUST show our support for the team on Wednesday night.

Some cynics that say the players don’t deserve it ? I can only say it’ll be US that live with the consequences of that mhob winning the league, not the players, in the long term.

Hearts didnt park the bus either. It makes no difference.
If were not on our game, we lose the game

They didn’t park the bus but didn’t try and out play us either. They were aggressive and battled harder.

Problem with Defoe is that the ball doesn’t stick in forward areas. Kent and Aribo need to be on it and sadly neither were. The midfield were poor individually and as a unit but they had it tough yesterday. That being said Hearts got back in the game because of a slip.

Buff will resolve the forward issue but we need another striker that can hold the ball up and create space/ chances for the wide forwards.

i thought this would suit us but after
sunday maybe not.
its at Ibrox so home advantage should see us over the line

Im not so sure - think teams realise we struggle more when they keep it tight. It’s not like warburton days when you know you’ll get cheap goals.

That’s not what I’m saying mate, I think you know that. I’ve never yet known a player that didn’t respond better to encouragement rather than abuse.

But we are owed big time.

The arrogance in this annoys me in a way

Our away fans you could argue are owed big time

Our home fans though offer very little support and are by and large, shit when it comes to supporting the team on the park unless we’re a few goals up

The home fans are not owed anything IMO. Maybe when the majority start backing the players instead of moaning at every misplaced pass then I’d say otherwise

I hope they do. If we’re on our game we’ll play through them and get in behind but we need to find our form again. Sounds like they were decent against the tims even though they got thrashed.

Back