Official Saturday's Back Pages - 35 images

I know it’s deliberate but do they not realise rangers are querying the offside,we are quite clearly asking along with sky I would imagine,why it took them 30 mins to find an offside image.who spent that time looking for it??

i see it has been completely whitewashed (again) that celtc caused a referee’s strike not that long ago

Thanks Mark
Yip, John Reid demanded a referee be fired or quit and he did. Duly retired.

“CELTIC chairman John Reid last night insisted blunder referee Dougie McDonald should quit or be fired by his employers at the SFA.

Reid said the integrity of the game had to be saved and the only way to do that was to get rid of the whistler who told Celtic manager Neil Lennon a lie after denying the Hoops a penalty against Dundee United at Tannadice.

Reid said: "The referee's position should be untenable. He lied and he should not be allowed to remain in his post. He should've been removed or taken the decision to go himself. There can't be any integrity in a system that permits lying."

And they also noted that he shouldn’t referee a Celtic match.

“And Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell insisted McDonald should never be allowed to handle another Celtic match.”

He said: "I'd be astonished if he gets one of our games. There must be other ways of keeping him occupied rather than sending him here."

The articles in all of these papers just shows how one sided the media is in this country.
Every single one defending Collum and blaming Rangers, yet not one has called out the Tims for their continued, season after season, attacks on referees.
It just show how far behind we are in the P.R. stakes.

Yip, John Reid demanded a referee be fired or quit and he did. Duly retired.

“CELTIC chairman John Reid last night insisted blunder referee Dougie McDonald should quit or be fired by his employers at the SFA.

Reid said the integrity of the game had to be saved and the only way to do that was to get rid of the whistler who told Celtic manager Neil Lennon a lie after denying the Hoops a penalty against Dundee United at Tannadice.

Reid said: "The referee's position should be untenable. He lied and he should not be allowed to remain in his post. He should've been removed or taken the decision to go himself. There can't be any integrity in a system that permits lying."

And they also noted that he shouldn’t referee a Celtic match.

“And Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell insisted McDonald should never be allowed to handle another Celtic match.”

He said: "I'd be astonished if he gets one of our games. There must be other ways of keeping him occupied rather than sending him here."

They are ashamed of nothing and k ow no history. A disgusting club

That lady's front bottom Sutton gets to much media time to spout hi# pish those cunts want what’s perceived as a challenge without there being a challenge makes my hatred for this mutants more by the day

The usual separate entity and, all the haters spout as much sh.te as they won't against officials, no one blinks an eye. Ranger's defend themselves against cheats everyone as usual blame us. Fu.k them all

Chris Sutton is pathetic "Rangers fans should be questioning Dessers missing chances". Aye Chris, because he is getting such an easy time of it from the fans ffs!

He's genuinely so pathetic, I'll give it to him though, he's a clickbait editors wet dream.

Matthew Lindsay's 'article' declares that Willie Collum made an 'honest' mistake. If it was indeed an 'honest' mistake maybe Collum would have the honesty to admit it was a mistake instead of repeating that he 'subjectively' thought "Johnston's hand was close to his body and not in an unnatural positon" as previously reported by Matthew Lindsay in a previous 'article. We look for consistency in referees but Lindsay's present column declares effectively that it is only Willie Collum who didn't think it was a deliberate handball.

That 'article' is in the Herald in case anyone missed the exact same 'article' in the sister paper, the Evening Times. Wonder if he gets paid twice for the same article.

Last edited:
Thanks, Mark.
The expected media backlash for Rangers, daring to stand the ground.
Anybody who has any doubts at all about an anti Rangers conspiracy just has to look at today’s sh!t sheets.
To put the views of Sutton on a back page tells you they are desperate to ensure their side are setting the narrative.

We are not trying to pick match officials we just want cheats out the door! In any case I am more concerned with how Celtic Sfa Fc didn't have two men sent off?

Seems like everyone and his dug have found this an ideal opportunity to have a kick at Rangers, with no consideration as to the validity as to the original handball and penalty shout.

This has now became another example of 'lets all hate Rangers', which is disgraceful and casts a shameful impression over Scottish football hierarchy and its media lapdogs.

Surely there's some with a trace of integrity that can see what's going on and call it out?

Back