SC final - Tickets sent out

You don’t need any season tickets to register a club I don’t think?
Genuine question: What's to stop me and my mate who I go to games with, registering ourselves and 2 STs as a supporters club, and getting away and Hampden tickets in return?

Is there a minimum criteria you need to meet? Are there costs involved to become a registered SC that would make it not viable for 2 people to do?

To be clear, I'm not considering doing this, more just looking for reassurance that the system isn't that easy to game.
Nothing is mate. All you need I think is 12 names not even a season ticket needed.

Know a few of these ghost clubs who always seem to appear for hampden games

Nothing is mate. All you need I think is 12 names not even a season ticket needed.

it may have changed since we formed our rsc but we only needed 12 names and addresses to register the club but that was back in 2001.we have never been higher than category F as we have only had one or two members who are season ticket holders in all those years.

Genuine question: What's to stop me and my mate who I go to games with, registering ourselves and 2 STs as a supporters club, and getting away and Hampden tickets in return?

Is there a minimum criteria you need to meet? Are there costs involved to become a registered SC that would make it not viable for 2 people to do?

To be clear, I'm not considering doing this, more just looking for reassurance that the system isn't that easy to game.

You are allocated tickets on a game-by-game basis based on the number of season tickets your club has. Unless you have upwards for 30 names, you’re unlikely to get anyway away games.

I dealt with our club's registation update last year, we had to supply names and rangers numbers.
Got a list every summer up to last year with the names and numbers of our members.would add or remove names from the list before sending it back in.last summer we didn’t get the list but were still registered for the new season.think they have put e/f/n in the same category

Yep and a fair amount of those F clubs will not be taking many allocations though the year and unlikely any cup or European games and will receive tickets it needs looked at because it is unfair to other rscs and my gers members

Yep and a fair amount of those F clubs will not be taking many allocations though the year and unlikely any cup or European games and will receive tickets it needs looked at because it is unfair to other rscs and my gers members
100% mate

Im a massive supporter of RSCs and that active RSCs should be rewarded. The RSCs that run buses or take tickets for their members for the lesser home games.

As I say either every member of the RSC pays £10 fee (either season ticket or not) or there’s a threshold needed for amount of games they take tickets for each season

That would soon cut down on the ghost clubs.

Although if ghost clubs were cut out and it saved a few hundred tickets I’d hope it would go to the deserving RSCs and not into the hospitality quota

100% mate

Im a massive supporter of RSCs and that active RSCs should be rewarded. The RSCs that run buses or take tickets for their members for the lesser home games.

As I say either every member of the RSC pays £10 fee (either season ticket or not) or there’s a threshold needed for amount of games they take tickets for each season

Although if ghost clubs were cut out and it saved a few hundred tickets I’d hope it would go to the deserving RSCs and not into the hospitality quota

RSC allocation and corporate comes from the same pot.

Corporate STs can’t join MyGers (well, they can, but don’t get any MyGers points - so it’s pointless).

The whole thing needs revamped.

100% mate

F and N ahould have to pay a fee for each member and threshold met in ticket orders before applications for semis or finals

F and N ahould have to pay a fee for each member and threshold met in ticket orders before applications for semis or finals
Although this would effect us.I actually agree with this.i also think is you don’t apply for the semi final,you shouldn’t be allowed to apply for the final.

3-4 years ago a certain players hairdresser was hawking tickets at £250 a pop but tht may have been a conservative price , i remember the story not the exact price ...... maybe we should sack the player also
Think I ended up with some of those but paid face value.

Although this would effect us.I actually agree with this.i also think is you don’t apply for the semi final,you shouldn’t be allowed to apply for the final.

Doesn’t need to be a lot but they should be seen to making an effort , the applying for semi would also be a good idea flights had rocketed after the league cup semi

Corporate STs can’t join MyGers (well, they can, but don’t get any MyGers points - so it’s pointless).

No it doesn’t. There’s 3 different pots - mygers, RSCs and club use which includes the corporates/sponsors/staff tickets

Corporate ST holders can join mygers but it removes them from corporate ballots

Our bus was going to register officially.Im sure we would have had to pay £600 or something for two seasons and not get any tickets for first two years.Maybe it was £10 per member I'm not sure.

Corporate ST holders can join mygers but it removes them from corporate ballots
That is not the way it was put to us, we were once asked if we wanted to move, but that was it, never spoke of again.

I think a fare few would move now as the amount of tickets dished out all round has been scarce, but at least MyGers is top down.

That is not the way it was put to us, we were once asked if we wanted to move, but that was it, never spoke of again.

I think a fare few would move now as the amount of tickets dished out all round has been scarce, but at least MyGers is top down.
Know a few corporates who told me they had the option, didn’t realise it was only a one-off option then. If that is the case then I don’t think it’s very fair

It’s quite strange how the club don’t guarantee all corporate season ticket holders a ticket for Hampden games.

Our bus was going to register officially.Im sure we would have had to pay £600 or something for two seasons and not get any tickets for first two years.Maybe it was £10 per member I'm not sure.

To register an rsc?
I don’t think that is correct

Supporters clubs don’t have to pay to register officially?
Club spoke about having a £10 charge for every member registered but they binned the idea. At a time RSCs are struggling, paying £10 a head for reduced allocations would’ve been a slap in the face. Only be worth it for A+ and A buses

Would’ve raised a fortune for the club but would’ve meant loads of buses couldn’t officially register as they simply wouldn’t be able to cover the cost. Yeah individual members would’ve likely covered it but it would’ve just been an example of the club taxing individual fans again

Club spoke about having a £10 charge for every member registered but they binned the idea. At a time RSCs are struggling, paying £10 a head for reduced allocations would’ve been a slap in the face. Only be worth it for A+ and A buses

Would’ve raised a fortune for the club but would’ve meant loads of buses couldn’t officially register as they simply wouldn’t be able to cover the cost. Yeah individual members would’ve likely covered it but it would’ve just been an example of the club taxing individual fans again
Individual ST holders are required to pay £40 to play the Mygers game for away tickets. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect RSC's to do something similar, especially when there will likely be non ST holders benefitting.

Many of them members are paying season tickets and my gers in those clubs don’t think it’s fair on them and many other individual season ticket and my gers holders that an new club can get cup final tickets ahead of them

Individual ST holders are required to pay £40 to play the Mygers game for away tickets. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect RSC's to do something similar, especially when there will likely be non ST holders benefitting.
Very few non season ticket holders benefit from an RSCs Hampden/away allocation.

I can understand chat about a joining fee and my bus would pay it without an hesitation if it was ever introduced. However, I would be willing to bet that the number of smaller buses (category C and below) registered with rangers would considerably drop, which would have wider implications than just having access to hampden/away games. RSCs rely on the home allocations to be able to run buses at a reasonable cost for members

Some won’t be happy until RSCs are off the road

So your asking mygers members who happen to be in an rsc pay another £40 for being in an rsc.remember non season ticket holders are paying £50 for mygers

Very few non season ticket holders benefit from an RSCs Hampden/away allocation.

I can understand chat about a joining fee and my bus would pay it without an hesitation if it was ever introduced. However, I would be willing to bet that the number of smaller buses (category C and below) registered with rangers would considerably drop, which would have wider implications than just having access to hampden/away games. RSCs rely on the home allocations to be able to run buses at a reasonable cost for members

Category c or below have next to no chance of away tickets(not moaning about it,as it’s the way ot should be) I very much doubt rsc’s in the lower category’s are applying for away tickets in the first place.lets face it as well from next season anything below category a+ or a can kiss goodbye to getting a ticket at Ibrox for a game v the yahoos

Active supporters clubs 100% need to be looked after but something needs done with the ghost clubs. I think a registration fee would put off the ghost clubs

Category c or below have next to no chance of away tickets(not moaning about it,as it’s the way ot should be) I very much doubt rsc’s in the lower category’s are applying for away tickets in the first place.lets face it as well from next season anything below category a+ or a can kiss goodbye to getting a ticket at Ibrox for a game v the yahoos
Point noted but hampden is their perk. People are wanting that taken away from them too.

Funnily enough there’s no issue when they’re taking tickets for home games against Ayr United or Partick thistle though, or running at a loss because Season ticket holders on cccs/mygers can’t be bothered going

Point noted but hampden is their perk. People are wanting that taken away from them too.

Funnily enough there’s no issue when they’re taking tickets for home games against Ayr United or Partick thistle though, or running at a loss because Season ticket holders on cccs/mygers can’t be bothered going
No one is wanting to take the lower category clubs perk away from them though, as long as they are active throughout the season with other home games by purchasing tickets, and not just for hampden which a lot of the lower clubs do

No one is wanting to take the lower category clubs perk away from them though, as long as they are active throughout the season with other home games by purchasing tickets, and not just for hampden which a lot of the lower clubs do
But then all you do is inadvertently send a message to RSCs that they must apply for all games which then has a detrimental effect on others as their allocation will then be lower for Ibrox

There’s really not any solution

But then all you do is inadvertently send a message to RSCs that they must apply for all games which then has a detrimental effect on others as their allocation will then be lower for Ibrox

There’s really not any solution

There is F and N clubs pay a small fee of a fiver member every match applied for the club receives points that are used against cup final applications people are not going to be applying for every match which recs are required to do at start of each season

Your right. My young lad is 8 in my gers but not a season ticket holder and he basically shares my ticket and my old man’s. He’s been to over 25 games this season including all the pre season friendlies and all the crap early round cup games. As he’s a member of a cat a supporters club this has allowed him to get tickets for both semi finals and should also mean he gets one for old firm final and to be honest he deserves a ticket.

We lost £300 for the Ayr game
£500 minibus and driver from Tyne/Wear
5 x £30 full fare
2 x £15 pensioner fare
1 x Reduced fare from Carlisle £20

We commit at the start of the season to run a bus to every home/Hampden game so take the hits as otherwise a good few couldn’t get to or afford travel to games.

Yea we run 35 or 49 seaters to most and make a bit, but over a season it’s a fine line.
Hampden allocations are a great help as this season those tickets have put bums on seats bringing in over £500

There’s plenty on here who will happily complain about RSC allocations because they don’t meet the criteria for Hampden tickets via MyGers and aren’t in an RSC. They’d have the entirely opposite view if they were getting tickets from an RSC themselves. It’s just the way it goes- it’s only a fair system if they are getting sorted

There’s plenty on here who will happily complain about RSC allocations because they don’t meet the criteria for Hampden tickets via MyGers and aren’t in an RSC. They’d have the entirely opposite view if they were getting tickets from an RSC themselves. It’s just the way it goes- it’s only a fair system if they are getting sorted
Only an issue when it’s a 50/50 split at hampden or one of the category A away games they fancy going to

Not a word uttered when RSCs (collectively) are buying thousands of tickets directly from the club for bog standard domestic games, nor was their any moaning 2012-2018 when we were struggling. The guy above makes a good point about the affordable travel - club playing a dangerous game if they start making decisions that’ll negatively impact RSCs. Without RSCs, many wouldn’t be able to get affordable travel to get to Ibrox

Only an issue when it’s a 50/50 split at hampden or one of the category A away games they fancy going to

Not a word uttered when RSCs (collectively) are buying thousands of tickets directly from the club for bog standard domestic games, nor was their any moaning 2012-2018 when we were struggling. The guy above makes a good point about the affordable travel - club playing a dangerous game if they start making decisions that’ll negatively impact RSCs. Without RSCs, many wouldn’t be able to get affordable travel to get to Ibrox
Absolutely agree. There was a guy on here on every post for a while greeting about RSC members getting “two bites at the cherry” on practically every post related to Hampden tickets for a while- Bobba or something like that- I’m sure he tried to raise it at the last CEO forum, and to be fair the club, and Greg Marshall in particular, basically completely dismissed his argument

I don’t think the ones on here are giving off about RSCs getting an allocation, we all agree they should. We are talking about how to deal with the ghost clubs that only apply for finals or old firms

I'm a women's season ticket away from a brief for this. Hate having to play the game, but won't make the same mistake for next year.

In other news, there's already a handful of tickets for our end up on the secondary sites at £550 plus. Scumbag behaviour.

These sites were advertising Ranged end tickets before the tickets became available. I doubt they have the tickets.

These sites were advertising Ranged end tickets before the tickets became available. I doubt they have the tickets.
It could be people who know they will get tickets via debentures, football clubs or even mygers. You don't need to send the tickets as soon as someone buys it as you specify when it will be sent at the latest.

I knew I would get a ticket as I'm in gold and group 1 so theoretically I could have listed it. I didn't though :))

Your right. My young lad is 8 in my gers but not a season ticket holder and he basically shares my ticket and my old man’s. He’s been to over 25 games this season including all the pre season friendlies and all the crap early round cup games. As he’s a member of a cat a supporters club this has allowed him to get tickets for both semi finals and should also mean he gets one for old firm final and to be honest he deserves a ticket.
He does deserve a ticket. However so does the guy who's been a season ticket holder for 3+ years and been to pretty much every home game in that time but doesn't happen to be a member of a RSC

I'm sorted but can see both sides of the argument tbh

An impossible problem as our support is just too big for the number of tickets we get

But it’s the same every way, regardless of the category you fall into. If you’re mygers and get a ticket you’ll be fine with the splits. If you’re RSC and get a ticket you’ll be fine with the allocations. However if you’re MyGers and don’t get a ticket then it’s a joke, there’s too much to hospitality, the club take too much and RSC get too much and 2 bites at the cherry.
If your RSC don’t get an allocation you’re happy with then it’s all talk about Rangers taking too many, Hospitality taking too many, ghost clubs etc

Self interest trumps all

Corporate clients have always been able to join MyGers. Club72 Corporate Hospitality clients were offered the choice of applying for tickets through the Corporate Ballot or MyGers a couple of years ago. I chose to go the MyGers route, mainly because the Corporate Ballot was always last minute and no use for European trips. I am in Gold and get a points allocation based on my Home Games as well as away matches in the cup,or Europe.

They're all robbing bastards, but the ones I've seen are on reputable sites I've used before and are almost certainly real. Sadly there are some amongst who would rather pocket the cash than attend the game or pass the ticket on at face-value to someone who will.

As others have said, anyone caught selling their ticket to the secondary market should get a stadium ban and the club should be actively seeking them out.

Back