Scotland v Ukraine, Thursday 24th March 2022

The same Ukraine who supported the nazi regime & policed the death camps , better keeping out of it , Eastern European politics should be left to the Eastern European States, the west always does things to late as history keeps repeating itself this should have been stopped when the Russians went into the Crimea months ago troops should have been deployed then but Putin has Europe by the balls over Gas , sanctions don't work especially to a country the size of Russia , the Eastern part of the Ukraine welcomes the Russian intervention we can't really kick up a storm about the Russians in The Ukraine when we do the exact same thing in the Falklands.
Difference being the Falklands is ours!!

Oh dear. I suppose we should accept Russia waltzing into Germany because they also supported the Nazis in a kind of way? What about Italy, Japan, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Croatia who all supported the Nazis at one point? I suppose they deserve the Russians coming in and crushing the democracies they have built since then, do they?
We should also never go to the aid of America because they colonised slaves in the 1600s or indeed ever go to the aid of ourselves because we ravaged Africa and India....

Russia and all clubs based in Russia should be suspended from participating in all professional sport.
Yes, BBC News has proven that everyone in Russia is a terrible person that has no place is our lovely woke world.

Yes, BBC News has proven that everyone in Russia is a terrible person that has no place is our lovely woke world.
The only way to stop Putin going on like this is to have public opinion- within Russia- change on him. Which it already has in certain parts due to this.

Kicking them out of sports competitions will help. Nothing to do with the BBC or being woke.

Oh dear. I suppose we should accept Russia waltzing into Germany because they also supported the Nazis in a kind of way? What about Italy, Japan, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Croatia who all supported the Nazis at one point? I suppose they deserve the Russians coming in and crushing the democracies they have built since then, do they?
That part of the Ukraine is & wants to return to the Russian state the Eastern part of the Ukraine wants & supports a Russian intervention the two regions in the East of the country have been basically free state's since 2014 that's what the civil war has been about or don't you know that .

That part of the Ukraine is & wants to return to the Russian state the Eastern part of the Ukraine wants & supports a Russian intervention the two regions in the East of the country have been basically free state's since 2014 that's what the civil war has been about or don't you know that .
I understand the situation and get what you're saying. However in a civilised society there are proper and peaceful ways of doing this. If a separist group in Shetland said they wanted Shetland to return to the nation of Norway, would you accept Norway invading Shetland whilst sending missile strikes against cities in Scotland?

If they cared about fairness they'd do it a one-off tie somewhere like Germany as neutral territory.

Alas Scotland will probably get a bye.
Why would they play it at a neutral site when every playoff match has a team drawn at home? Now if we’re talking the whole playoff system in general then I agree.

I understand the situation and get what you're saying. However in a civilised society there are proper and peaceful ways of doing this. If a separist group in Shetland said they wanted Shetland to return to the nation of Norway, would you accept Norway invading Shetland whilst sending missile strikes against cities in Scotland?
That's really hypothetical question as the Sherlands have never been apart of Norway I believe, but the Ukraine has always been part of the Russian state , it only got independence in the 90's with the break up of the Soviet Union most of the Eastern part of the country is populated with Russian the language is Russian but I agree with what you said about negotiations talking is always the best way forward, in saying that Putin doesn't negotiate much & the reason being he doesn't want NATO on his borders pointing missiles at him ,

If we get through and draw spartak Moscow
Surely they should be thrown out and us put into next round
Of course we have to beat Dortmund first

Systematically cheated at athletics for years and the best they could come up with was changing their name for the Olympics.

FIFA and UEFA will probably make them play in black and go under the name of the Russian Football Committee or something.

As long as the money is still rolling in from Gazprom.
Wish I’d put a wager on this.

As much as I shouldn’t be surprised I still can’t believe they’ve went for the change their name ‘that’ll teach them!’

Would hope that we can still play Ukraine at Hampden. A show of support before the match as already mentioned would be expected.

Back