Official Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw - Rangers v Partick Thistle, 11/12 February

Friday would be a decent game.

Students walk over from Partick and city could be a bit busier after it.

Show the players this before the game to inspire them.
Just dont show them this, they will freak out

_90273611_mediaitem90273608.jpg

I’m hoping for the Monday night slot, am in Poland till the Monday afternoon - selfish and don’t want to be out cost for 3 tickets to a game I can’t attend loyal

I know a few Thistle fans and a couple have jumped on the Sevco bandwagon. It will be nice to put them in their place.

I know there have been many games v jags through the years but draw takes me back to my first Ibrox game in 1962/63,memory fading but gers 4-1.

Anyway here's to same in cup game.

I know a few Thistle fans and a couple have jumped on the Sevco bandwagon. It will be nice to put them in their place.
The bandwagon I jumped on was the 4-1 cup final,my mate was a Jags fan and along with my younger broteher we had a great time after leaving Iron Horse after closing time.

from a purely selfish point of view,I'm hoping it's not the Monday night as I'm down at Anfield for the derby that night, Friday ideally would suit me fine,off to the match and back to the viceroy afterwards until shutting time

It's gotta be fri or sat with that lot on the Sunday for a nice change. However irish based so may accommodate them on Sat.
Imo

Might be reading too much into it but can’t see the game being on the Saturday - big 12:30 kick off in England followed by 6 nations might drive down the share of ratings. Not much sport on the Friday night, makes me think it will be then.

Probably a really daft question, but I talk enough shite on here that it doesn't matter:

Any indication when we will know the date and time of the game?

Just so I can be sharp(ish) booking flights etc

I alwways remember an old boy I worked with telling me during the Stein era they went seven years without being drawn outside Glasgow. Meaning if not a home draw then away at Shawfield or Firhill.

Pretty hard to believe, mind you.

Had to check this - March 1966 (Hearts) to February 1973 (Motherwell). Every other Scottish Cup tie they had was drawn in Glasgow. They did play at Dunfermline in 1971 and Hearts in 1972 but these were replays and obviously not part of the original draw.

Had to check this - March 1966 (Hearts) to February 1973 (Motherwell). Every other Scottish Cup tie they had was drawn in Glasgow. They did play at Dunfermline in 1971 and Hearts in 1972 but these were replays and obviously not part of the original draw.
Hard to believe is it not?

Yet you have these mutts complaining to this day, That's Rangers got another home draw.

As with lots of other things like grace, decency and humility when God was handing out irony, he left timbo out of the equation.

When are the schedule/tv dates due to be confirmed? I’d assume Rangers, Darvel, Tims and one other between BBC and Viaplay.

When are the schedule/tv dates due to be confirmed? I’d assume Rangers, Darvel, Tims and one other between BBC and Viaplay.
Hopefully by tomorrow ?

Our game and theirs

2 from Darvel v Falkirk, Dundee United v Kilmarnock, Hamilton v Hearts & Linlithgow/Raith v Motherwell I would imagine

Back