Secondary Ticketing

Spinning Blue

With the record numbers of season tickets sold, it will be crucial this is used next season.

I have to admit, I'm not sure how to put my ticket up for sale and I've been a season ticket holder for a long number of years.

Could someone who knows how to do this post it below and then could admin maybe make it a sticky at the top of the page?

Thanks

Greg Marshall and Stewart Robertson made a specific point of underlining this at the Q&A at NARSA on Saturday morning. I’d expect you’ll see the club pushing this a bit more in the coming weeks through the press, email and whatnot. The club realize the importance of packing Ibrox and having seats filled supporting the team rather than going unused because of work commitments, illness, holidays etc.

Will definately put mine up whenever i can't make it, hope others do the same

I miss some games due to work and generally just offer the ticket (free) to mates. If no one takes it the seat goes empty. I’ll be sure to use this next season. Hopefully the club get a better system in place for it considering demand now.

How does it generally work?

Does the club essentially re-sell the ticket and give you a portion of that back?

Yes, as it stands at the moment they give you a credit amount of the following seasons season ticket.

Dunno if they'll look to review this.

There will be a couple of games I'll not be able to make so if my old man can't take my ticket I'll definitely be using this service, it's massively important we start using it better.

There will be a couple of games I'll not be able to make so if my old man can't take my ticket I'll definitely be using this service, it's massively important we start using it better.

Likewise here. If I can’t pass it on to family or a mate i’ll look to use the secondary ticketing if it helps the club.

Agree with the point above about real time cash back. That may give people more of an incentive, especially those who aren’t sure if they’ll renew one year to the next.

Credit levels for last season:

Celtic
All resale levels – £30

Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibernian
Adult resale – £15
Concession resale – £10
Junior Resale – £4

All Other Opposition
Adult resale – £10
Concession resale – £8
Junior resale – £3

For run of the mill games you get £10 credit against your next season ticket. Late in the season it becomes credit against the season ticket after next! It's not attractive at all when you can get full face value by selling direct to a fellow bear who wants to see the game.

Hopefully this gets used more next season so I can try and take the wee man to his first game, every game I tried for last season was sold out :D

We really do need to makesure we are full to capacity every game next season whether we use the secondary ticketing, or giving it to our friends or family. Im sure even local RSCs will be grateful for it too

Is there a maximum limit for refund?

I got £20 off my 2 STs this year and used secondary ticketing twice.

New job (if I get it) means I’m working most weekends.

For run of the mill games you get £10 credit against your next season ticket. Late in the season it becomes credit against the season ticket after next! It's not attractive at all when you can get full face value by selling direct to a fellow bear who wants to see the game.
Didn't know that....not great at all

I'll give you full price for the ticket...

Will depend whether we’re at home first and I need to check flight times but we’ll see how it pans out.

I would imagine there will be tickets for the Europa game, not everyone will be signed up to CCCS and a hell of a lot of folk will still be on holiday.

Hopefully we’re away first in the Europa league or I might have to use this right away.
Snap, I'll be in Belfast on the Twelfth. I think quite a few people will be hoping for the first leg to be away for similar reasons.

You'd think there would be a wee quick guide incorporated into the season book on how to put your ticket up for secondary ticketing?

Really important that the club push this as strongly as possible. Even with the massive amount of STs sold, there will still be a fair amount of fans looking for game by game tickets. A bit of money off a future season ticket and more funding for the club. Win-win

Credit levels for last season:

Celtic
All resale levels – £30

Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibernian
Adult resale – £15
Concession resale – £10
Junior Resale – £4

All Other Opposition
Adult resale – £10
Concession resale – £8
Junior resale – £3
This is not enough recompense to encourage secondary ticketing. The club have already sold the seat and I feel it should only be an admin charge of say £2 per match/£5 max and a refund to the ST holder real time not a discount on the next seasons ST.

This is not enough recompense to encourage secondary ticketing. The club have already sold the seat and I feel it should only be an admin charge of say £2 per match/£5 max and a refund to the ST holder real time not a discount on the next seasons ST.
It should be somewhere between that and where it currently is IMO.

Also, as soon as your seat gets re-sold you should be able to see what it has been re-sold as, and the credit amount you will receive.
Under the current system there is no transparency, you are just expected to wait until renewal time and you are told an arbitrary amount of money you have been credited for using the scheme.

With the record numbers of season tickets sold, it will be crucial this is used next season.

I have to admit, I'm not sure how to put my ticket up for sale and I've been a season ticket holder for a long number of years.

Could someone who knows how to do this post it below and then could admin maybe make it a sticky at the top of the page?

Thanks

If you are not using your tickets you know where to find me.

Would even buy you a beer (if you showed up) :cool:

Needs to be used better no point selling 45000 season tickets and having empty seats scattered all over the stadium,We've seen it even at the bigger games.

I've never used it and tend to give it to a mate so my seat doesn't lie empty on the odd occasion I can't make a match.

Tbh though, although you get a credit, it's not the most attractive but nonetheless it needs promoted more.

Adult tickets given up for secondary ticketing should only be sold to adults! Can stick their £3 credit when sold as a child ticket!

On paper it is a good idea but the scheme needs a lot of work, used it a few at the start of last season but immediately stopped when I saw how little I was getting in return.

I'm happy with the funds being used as a credit towards my renewal but when my seat is for sale at £30+ and I only receive £10, something needs to be looked at.

Back