So what's required then?

joburgbear

i think we would all say 2 full backs and a proper midfielder who can do it all, put his foot in, break up play, spray the ball around and go from box to box (Not asking for much then) but it is what's required, the squad is thin as witnessed today, more work to be done..

McCrorie had a decent game and the experience will stand him in good stead.

We need proven quality in every area of the pitch. Unfortunately, it's going to take another 20-30m to build a squad that actually looks a Rangers squad.

We need quality for both fb positions, a dirty bastard in midfield, couple of quality wingers. I'm not asking for much....,,

The whole left side needs work, a bit more energy in the middle of the park and another striker to support Morelos.

McLean, Walker and Moult would be good cheap business to bolster the squad also.

Two midfielders who can be relied upon to be available.

Holt isn't good enough, although to give him credit he is usually fit and available.

Kranjcar is a lovely footballer, but he is done and cannot be relied upon anyway.

Rossiter has all the qualities required, and would be ideal. He can play in a match where there isn't a lot of space and time, because he has a great touch, good technical ability and thus a fine passing variation.
But sadly, I suspect he will never be available when we need him.

Two midfielders are the priority for me.

We need someone in midfield who can face up to Lego on a consistent basis.

Probably need both fullbacks replaced, left mid and another striker as well.

Tav is doing fine for me our best player today and much better with decent CH beside him. Certainly need cover for him. Left back Wallace is a decent player think John will be a decent player for us as well. So for me cover for right back essential, left midfield we need quality. Also need a quality midfielder. Not sure Maclean is any better than we already have. Walker might do a trick. Also another quality striker.

That would be nice, however we need a good January window and the money to do it also getting Dorrans and Pena to do their jobs.
Dorrans should have started where Pena did.
If rossiter was fit I think he would have, playing him in the holding two is killing his game. Plays much better further forward. Pena occupied brown but done little else.

Walker for nothing ?
Kenny McLean for nothing ?
next summer.

Do you think they’re high enough quality to make much difference?

Top priorities should be fullbacks and a dominant midfielder.

After that we need a left sided attacking midfielder.

I’m far from convinced by Cardoso, is go so far as to say he appears to be a dud. Herrera and Pena don’t look like good signings so far either but hopefully they’ll improve. Dorrans has been disappointing also but I’m not quite sure what his best position is.

Do you think they’re high enough quality to make much difference?

Top priorities should be fullbacks and a dominant midfielder.

After that we need a left sided attacking midfielder.

I’m far from convinced by Cardoso, is go so far as to say he appears to be a dud. Herrera and Pena don’t look like good signings so far either but hopefully they’ll improve. Dorrans has been disappointing also but I’m not quite sure what his best position is.

I did say they were enough mate they would cost nothing and strengthen our weak left side... we could then spent what money we have on fullbacks and attacking midfielders

I did say they were enough mate they would cost nothing and strengthen our weak left side... we could then spent what money we have on fullbacks and attacking midfielders

I’m not against them and TBH would’ve signed all three. I just think it’s more mediocre players when we need some quality.

Quality costs money and we seem to have spunked our money on Pena and Herrera.

I’d like to see us sticking with 4-2-3-1 and playing (if fit):

Fod

Tav Alves McCrorie John

Jack Rossiter

Candeias Pena Dorrans

Morelos

The sad thing is out that lot I don’t think Fod or the fullbacks are good enough. Rossiter is a sick note so can’t be relied upon, Pena and Dorrans haven’t shown much to justify their signings.

That’s pretty grim, all things considered.

And just where are you going to find the £10 million needed for that shopping list? Get real.

The OP asked what is required, the guy offered his opinion as you are entitled to do, so what's with the Arsey comment?
Don't you agree with his opinion? As it seems a fair assumption.

I think the best solution will cost Money but will work.
We need a very experienced Manager in the Harry Rednapp mould to get a grip of our Players and take them back to basics.
This pussyfooting around with unknown Managers is costing more in the long run.
Pedro is trying but is our Club to big for him.?
We need this Club to have a complete overhaul on the Park, this 10 passes around our Penalty box is suicidal, no telling forward passes, no intelligent running off the ball etc, love Moreles but how many times did he get caught offside?

A quality manager and let him make what signings he has to. Board have to do a lot better and find more funds or it’s Celtics title for as long as they want it.

Do people think that Pena and Herrera can cut it?

Surely we would have been better trying to get in Naismith, Moult and Walker in ahead of these guys.

Prepared to give them some more time but bit worried from what i've seen so far.

Someone who can actually run with the ball, i thought John was a huge loss today, there isnt anyone else in our side who can drive with the ball the way he does.

Back