Soccer aid

I watched it but what annoys me is all the begging bowl mentality, if it wasn't the commentators every 2 minutes asking us to donate it was alesha dixon at half time or David Beckham, I mean if these celebs truly gave a %^*& they wouldn't be sitting on hundreds of millions as it is, they said Beckham been an ambassador for the past 20 years but hasn't stopped him building an empire has it?

It was for Charity.

I watched it but what annoys me is all the begging bowl mentality, if it wasn't the commentators every 2 minutes asking us to donate it was alesha dixon at half time or David Beckham, I mean if these celebs truly gave a %^*& they wouldn't be sitting on hundreds of millions as it is, they said Beckham been an ambassador for the past 20 years but hasn't stopped him building an empire has it?
I am sure beckham and Williams do give millions mate, but they still want the public to donate which is totally fair.

I am sure beckham and Williams do give millions mate, but they still want the public to donate which is totally fair.
I know mate and I understand that but for 51 weeks of the year they're off having 20 holidays a year
I know mate but but I'm sure that the rest of the millions don't go 364 days a year holiday and have their own failing mls or league 2 team as pet projects

Used to be of a decent standard when it first started with the odd loon ball for a good laugh. Now it’s more of the latter than a decently competitive game that they both want to win

I know mate and I understand that but for 51 weeks of the year they're off having 20 holidays a year

I know mate but but I'm sure that the rest of the millions don't go 364 days a year holiday and have their own failing mls or league 2 team as pet projects
So let's tell all the celebs to stay in the house and don't give up their time to help raise money for great causes all over the world.

Good idea that

Celebs? Since when has being a youtuber or an 'Internet personality been a celeb? And the rest of them it's true, beckhams worth at least 170 mil and I've not even checked that but he's worth that at least I'd imagine and he's on the touchline saying he's been a member of unicef for 20 years, can't be that passionate about it, I'd be interested to see how much of his own wealth he's actually donated.

Celebs? Since when has being a youtuber or an 'Internet personality been a celeb? And the rest of them it's true, beckhams worth at least 170 mil and I've not even checked that but he's worth that at least I'd imagine and he's on the touchline saying he's been a member of unicef for 20 years, can't be that passionate about it, I'd be interested to see how much of his own wealth he's actually donated.
You don’t like ‘rich’ folk do you?

Aye, right enough mate, he should just hand over all his money just because he’s earned a lot of it and move into a council estate somewhere.

Aye, right enough mate, he should just hand over all his money just because he’s earned a lot of it and move into a council estate somewhere.
Not saying hand over all his money, but at the same time they shouldn't be on TV asking people for donations, especially when that person has am interest in having his own mls side or salford

Not saying hand over all his money, but at the same time they shouldn't be on TV asking people for donations, especially when that person has am interest in having his own mls side or salford
So let's tell all the celebs to stay in the house and don't give up their time to help raise money for great causes all over the world.

Good idea that
Hasn't covid made us celebs then

People moaning about Beckham and his wealth yet forgetting that he donated the majority of his 170K a week salary at PSG to a french children’s charity

People moaning about Beckham and his wealth yet forgetting that he donated the majority of his 170K a week salary at PSG to a french children’s charity
There was only one guy moaning. I think he has a dislike for wealthy people , beckham , Robbie Williams etc have given millions to charities and don’t shout about it. But some people still have a grudge .

The female professional players were actually significantly worse than the weakest male celebrity players.

Felt for them out there.

You are at it .

But these millionaires sitting on millions and with multiple properties and with empires are above that?
Am sure they give more than their fare share. It isn’t up to the celebrities of the world to find the poor.
Beckham has every right to try and build his empire further and to think other wise is absolutely embarrassing

Do you have savings mate? If you do and you haven’t given up a sizeable portion of your savings to the likes of Erskine, would it be fair to say you don’t particularly care much about looking after our veterans?

Do you have savings mate? If you do and you haven’t given up a sizeable portion of your savings to the likes of Erskine, would it be fair to say you don’t particularly care much about looking after our veterans?
Fair enough mate I see where you're coming from, and I'm sure that the celebs do give a very decent amount to charity, I shouldn't have said a lot of what I've said on this thread and I've made a fool of myself so I'm sorry for what I've said.

Just back from this pish. I was right behind goal with boy who had his Rangers top on but fecking cameras kept going past us to the tits wearing English hats.

When Compston came on we kept kissing the Rangers badge anytime he came near us. Don't think he seen us but it made us feel better.

Done the Old Trafford Stadium tour which was decent. No sign of Ronaldo!

That w@nker Compston just loves himself, a right media whore. He’s all about himself, me me me. I really struggle to watch anything he’s in, the wee rhat bassa.

The female professional players were actually significantly worse than the weakest male celebrity players.

Felt for them out there.

To be fair to them, one is 40 years old and retired 6 years ago.

The other one isn't even a player, she's a freestyler.

Last edited:
Back