Squad for 2018/19

TommyMcLean7

The way I see it, we are 9 realistic signings away from a squad that will make a very real challenge for 55.
With a couple of free transfers and a few loan signings we would only need 4 more permanent signings. I think a squad of similar quality to the example below is a real possibility. :)

Example Signings:

CB: Goldson + 2
FB: Hutton (Free) or ideally younger
MF: Ejaria (Loan), Davis (Free?)
RW: Wilson (Loan)
CF: Mcburnie, Solanke (Loan)

Example Squad:

Goalkeepers
McGregor
Alnwick/Wes
Robbie McCrorie

Centre backs
Goldson
Alves
CB?
CB?

Full Backs
Tav
John
Hutton? (Free)
Wallace

Midfielders (Holding/Defensive)
Ross McCrorie
Rossiter
Jack
Docherty
Davis

Attacking Midfielders
Arfield
Dorrans
Wilson (Loan)
Candeias
Murphy
Middleton

Centre Forwards/Strikers
McBurnie
Solanke
Morelos

Might be a bit heavy in the midfield dept. Could always loan out the likes of Docherty or Middleton to get them games.

Should we still go for Cummings? didn't seem like he would be an automatic first choice, probably due to lack of game time

Should we still go for Cummings? didn't seem like he would be an automatic first choice, probably due to lack of game time
If we get the likes of Solanke and McBurnie in and keep Morelos he won’t even make the bench. Don’t see the point of keeping Cummings

Might be a bit heavy in the midfield dept. Could always loan out the likes of Docherty or Middleton to get them games.

Unless Gerrard sees Docherty as being a start or near to a start, we could do worse than offer Docherty back to Hamilton on loan for the first part of next season.

The lad needs to be playing games.

So far he's not lived up to the hype and promise that FF seemed to get carried away on. Sitting on the bench won't help him so hopefully some time at an environment he's comfortable at, along with tuition from Gerrard and McCallister will help him develop.

The way I see it, we are 9 realistic signings away from a squad that will make a very real challenge for 55.
With a couple of free transfers and a few loan signings we would only need 4 more permanent signings. I think a squad of similar quality to the example below is a real possibility. :)

Example Signings:

CB: Goldson + 2
FB: Hutton (Free) or ideally younger
MF: Ejaria (Loan), Davis (Free?)
RW: Wilson (Loan)
CF: Mcburnie, Solanke (Loan)

Example Squad:

Goalkeepers
McGregor
Alnwick/Wes
Robbie McCrorie

Centre backs
Goldson
Alves
CB?
CB?

Full Backs
Tav
John
Hutton? (Free)
Wallace

Midfielders (Holding/Defensive)
Ross McCrorie
Rossiter
Jack
Docherty
Davis

Attacking Midfielders
Arfield
Dorrans
Wilson (Loan)
Candeias
Murphy
Middleton

Centre Forwards/Strikers
McBurnie
Solanke
Morelos

From what I've seen of Middleton he's not ready for our 1st team squad yet.

You've missed out Windass mate and Gerrard definitely sees him in his plans.

Back