Press Conference Steven Gerrard pre-match presser v Hearts

He answered the Newcastle questions well without categorically saying he doesn’t want it. Focused on Steve Bruce being there.

Maybe me being over observant

“Geordie fans, the toon” hmm

He answered the Newcastle questions well without categorically saying he doesn’t want it. Focused on Steve Bruce being there.

dont think geordies like scousers lol

I think the reason he didn’t say he doesn’t want it is because like he said Steve Bruce is there, at the moment there’s no job to go for.

Would be a bit disrespectful to Bruce to then say if he was/wasn’t interested in the job which he has

I know what you mean. Would've been nice to see him distance himself more by ruling himself out. The naming of the new Newcastle manager can't come quick enough.

If Newcastle offered him the job I would expect him to take it.
However I would think Newcastle will go for a more highly experienced successful manager from a more reputable league.

Back