Still playing in third gear

Rangerscoverboy

As disappointed as anyone but let's face facts.

We're top of the league and we've not hit the heights we're capable of, nowhere near it.

The first half was very good, we just lack the consistency to go into the second half with the same.

We're top of the league and we've not hit the heights we're capable of, nowhere near it.

The first half was very good, we just lack the consistency to go into the second half with the same.

We hit our hights in the first half.

A striker the misses sitter after sitter and is lazy a lot of the other time is zero use to us. This 'we arte still top of the league' talk will not last forever if we keep doing the same things.

We are top of the league because of an unprecedentedly bad start from our biggest rivals, losing their first 3 away games. Unheard of.

Most competent Rangers teams would have put the title to bed by now.

It’s been decades since a Rangers team started the season with, on paper, such a clear advantage over the opposition.

You just cannot be satisfied to say “top of the league” right now.

We are top of the league because of an unprecedentedly bad start from our biggest rivals, losing their first 3 away games. Unheard of.

It’s been decades since a Rangers team started the season with, on paper, such a clear advantage over the opposition.

I’m satisfied with saying top of the league. I think we could have done better this season but we are top of the league and it’s never a bad thing.

If we keep up like this we could end up out of another cup competition too and that’ll really ramp up the pressure.

We hit the heights all right today some of the football was as good as we've seen all season. What cost us two points today AGAIN was piss poor finishing.

We're still very much in charge but I am not sure where the spark comes from. I don't think the manager will provide it and we need to get some of the players firing up and on form.

But they haven't, and Celtic have done what they've done so far.

I believe performances will improve. Jack and Kent to come back, Lundstram starting to boss it.

Just need to put the ball in the pokey when on top.

We’re in mid October. The time for this “just slowly going up the gears but it’ll come soon” chat has passed. We’re only 4 ahead of that comedy Celtic side now, and 1 ahead of Robbie Neilsons Hearts, in mid October.

Forgive me if I’m not satisfied with that.
What you really mean is after 9 games we are sitting top of the league by 1 point and 4 points ahead of Celtic

But they haven't, and Celtic have done what they've done so far.

I believe performances will improve. Jack and Kent to come back, Lundstram starting to boss it.

Just need to put the ball in the pokey when on top.

But they have just won back to back away games which suggests their “jinx” may be over.

Like I said elsewhere, I’d rather be 4 ahead than 4 behind. But if we continue to replicate what we have done in the first quarter I don’t believe we’ll stay top for long.

At any rate, is this what it has come to ? Simply stating Celtic have been worse so far so things are okay ?

If we’re going to rely on their profligacy to allow us to limp hope as champions, not only is it a sad state of affairs but I also think it’s unlikely to work

The first half was superb to watch.
Last year - even if it only resulted in one goal like today - we would have gone out with confidence, controlled the second half, given them little or no chance to scoring.
But this year is different... it's the standard of play, the mentality, tactics, etc... up to Stevie G to sort it out now after a BAD day for decisions today!

Nice in theory but we are 3 months into the season, making the same mistakes repeatedly and rock bottom of our EL group. There are glaring warning signs and issues staring us in the face.

We should have reached the top gears fairly consistently, and we haven't. Do we have gears to go through?

What heights are you referring to, I have not watched any a season.

The team needs broken up in the summer, most of these players have done is a good turn but that's football.

I've resigned myself to a frustrating season. We'll get good results and have fun weekends no doubt but also days like today and dropped points all over the place.

What you really mean is after 9 games we are sitting top of the league by 1 point and 4 points ahead of Celtic
I’d love to know the parallel universe where this is frowned upon, wait, I’m in it.

I know we haven’t hit our levels yet but come on chaps.

We are far from playing in 3rd gear, in fact we were flat out today, but being incapable of defending when under pressure and absolutely rank in the final 25yds are problems that are being overlooked since months

We’re in mid October. The time for this “just slowly going up the gears but it’ll come soon” chat has passed. We’re only 4 ahead of that comedy Celtic side now, and 1 ahead of Robbie Neilsons Hearts, in mid October.

Forgive me if I’m not satisfied with that.
I was saddened and surprised that we now have a worse defensive record than them. Yes we're obviously still ahead of them but that's been the thing we've been pointing and laughing at them for this season and we're now conceding more

Four silly points dropped to motherwell and hearts.
Fans are being short changed with the quality this season, its the league and a cup i want, anything less will be poor imo

Back