Stop Singing Racist & Sectarian Songs – It’s That Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people need to start learning how to box clever. Singing a song that harms Rangers isn’t beating them at anything and it isn’t fighting any sort of war. Any war in football now is financial. Financially successful brands/clubs are the clubs that are successful on the pitch because they have the resources. The PR war is designed to put off sponsors and investors which will hit finances and lead to decline. Saying “fck them” and doing what you want is basically surrendering because it’s exactly what they want.

So, are you just going to keep singing the songs? Because that’s what they want…
If it wasn't songs it be colour of your socks, if it wasn't your socks it be do you buy eggs with Union jack on the box. Bla bla bla.
For a so called educated admin and members to think its about a (doctored fkn song) is ludicrous.
Wake up guys you know the agenda and it's not songs.

If it wasn't songs it be colour of your socks, if it wasn't your socks it be do you buy eggs with Union jack on the box. Bla bla bla.
For a so called educated admin and members to think its about a (doctored fkn song) is ludicrous.
Wake up guys you know the agenda and it's not songs.
That’s not what I asked. Are you going to keep on singing the songs?

So the way to beat the people that hate us, is by continuing to sing songs or use words that most reasonable people - and UEFA & the courts - think are racist or sectarian?

2 things can be true at once. People are out to get us and some of our songs are a problem.

Absolutely.

I'm actually quite disturbed about what's happened over the last few days. We can argue about the daftness of - allegedly - singing WDYGH? but the reaction has been so extreme that it resembles an orchestrated effort to cause as much damage to Rangers as possible.

The public statements by police that assumed both guilt and the relative gravity of the crimes involved were even more concerning. I'm not aware of anything along these lines being issued previously.

This is just going to get worse. The outcome of the H&H hatchet-job is that the relationship between the club and the mainstream media looks to be completely shattered. With the possible exception of the Real-Barcelona rivalry, I'd say we were now in a unique position in Europe in terms of hostility from the government, the press and the law.

I also wonder whether some fans are listening at all.

It has not or never will be about the “songs”

It might not be about the songs, however it plays right into their hands/argument.

We need to be clever in how we fight this enemy and if fans have to stop singing some songs to halt the fire at our door then so be it. Sometime we will have to lose battles deliberately in the name of winning the war.

so what's your point then. keep singing?
Not at all.

If the songs stop they’d come for something else.

it would be nice if the club and some of our fans realised that.

A guy beside me at the Malmö game tried to start the Billy boys and I was quite aggressive in telling him to shut the %^*& up.

As a support we definitely need to box clever but until people realise anyone that isn’t a Rangers fan in this country pretty much hates them then we’re fucked.

I sung no songs mate but if you think they will stop when no songs are sung you need to wake up.
I don’t think they will stop but, one things for certain, if we keep singing the songs, then they win. We’ll be booted out of Europe, lose vital revenue and end up playing catch up for years.

Right now, the most important thing we can do is clean up the songbook. Once that’s done, then we can tackle the other issues. Nothing else matters.

Reactions: WBD
I don’t think they will stop but, one things for certain, if we keep singing the songs, then they win. We’ll be booted out of Europe, lose vital revenue and end up playing catch up for years.

Right now, the most important thing we can do is clean up the songbook. Once that’s done, then we can tackle the other issues. Nothing else matters.
No we can't, they will hound us out of distinction.
Why are there songs not getting pulled up??
Why no mention of alleged songs in last 8.3\4 years.
It is not about songs, it's not about heart & hand alleged tweets, it's not about fake/fanned up videos.
Its because we are back.
Fight it or loose it guys.

It might not be about the songs, however it plays right into their hands/argument.

We need to be clever in how we fight this enemy and if fans have to stop singing some songs to halt the fire at our door then so be it. Sometime we will have to lose battles deliberately in the name of winning the war.
And when we do that it will be that red white and blue is racist and offensive to anyone or country that doesn't have those colours in their flag.

Absolutely.

I'm actually quite disturbed about what's happened over the last few days. We can argue about the daftness of - allegedly - singing WDYGH? but the reaction has been so extreme that it resembles an orchestrated effort to cause as much damage to Rangers as possible.

The public statements by police that assumed both guilt and the relative gravity of the crimes involved were even more concerning. I'm not aware of anything along these lines being issued previously.

This is just going to get worse. The outcome of the H&H hatchet-job is that the relationship between the club and the mainstream media looks to be completely shattered. With the possible exception of the Real-Barcelona rivalry, I'd say we were now in a unique position in Europe in terms of hostility from the government, the press and the law.

I also wonder whether some fans are listening at all.

The issue for many fans is it's all downside for them. It's being told 'you can't say that' but the other side can say what they want. They see the double standards and our natural defiant, 'No Surrender' attitude kicks in.

We're in a PR war. The question for me is how do we win it?

In football terms, if we want to win we need to stop losing silly goals.

The club's objectives should be to 1) in football terms, stop giving away silly goals, and 2) tackle the double standards

We need to work with friendly politicians, & media to put our case. We need to hold others to the same standards they expect from us.

At the moment the club is addressing 1 but not doing nearly enough about 2. If anything good can come out of the Heart & Hand hatchet job it maybe fires a few more people up to call out sectarianism when we see it aimed at Protestants, Brits & Rangers supporters.

We also need more of us to become politically active.

Thanks for the feedback.

Look forward to you starting one on how we can improve our current situation, so I, too, can provide quality constructive criticism.

The floor is yours, @Fernando26
I’m not really arsed on criticism to be honest. As we all know the club have come on tenfold in recent years in stamping out discriminatory behaviour. Only when we see an end to state funded segregated schooling in this country then you’ll see a complete shift in behaviours across the board. Children at 4/5 years old shouldn’t be taught they are different than their friend directly next door due to a faux religious divide. Can you imagine if we had schools for black kids and a separate school for white kids then complained of racism?
On this thread there’s been folk demonised without the complainers even knowing the facts. These offended idiots across the city even made a fake video of our players and staff singing about the Pope. Yet some of the people on here can’t wait to pass judgement and call for people to be banned whilst that other lot greeted their team bus with orange bastard chants on Sunday. Have you seen a peep in the media about that?
It’s all a bit of a coincidence that Torbett was remanded in custody this week and we are stood here with yet another negative nothing story about our club dominating the headlines.

Thanks for the feedback.

Look forward to you starting one on how we can improve our current situation, so I, too, can provide quality constructive criticism.

The floor is yours, @Fernando26
Exactly, is he with you or against you :D you have to laugh at these comments.

I’m not really arsed on criticism to be honest. As we all know the club have come on tenfold in recent years in stamping out discriminatory behaviour. Only when we see an end to state funded segregated schooling in this country then you’ll see a complete shift in behaviours across the board. Children at 4/5 years old shouldn’t be taught they are different than their friend directly next door due to a faux religious divide. Can you imagine if we had schools for black kids and a separate school for white kids then complained of racism?
On this thread there’s been folk demonised without the complainers even knowing the facts. These offended idiots across the city even made a fake video of our players and staff singing about the Pope. Yet some of the people on here can’t wait to pass judgement and call for people to be banned whilst that other lot greeted their team bus with orange bastard chants on Sunday. Have you seen a peep in the media about that?
It’s all a bit of a coincidence that Torbett was remanded in custody this week and we are stood here with yet another negative nothing story about our club dominating the headlines.
Wow! That is not helping. The bottom line. Forget this country. Take the Scottish government right out of the equation. If we sing songs deemed sectarian or whatever, UEFA will ban us in whatever way they see fit. The club image will be further damaged and will continue to be damaged. Separate schools or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back