Strange feeling given the result but........

Installer

Taking the result out of the equation, I actually feel ok with that performance. I think we have saw some improvements in terms of play and spirit, which has come from the management team.
We had some real good spells which was very encouraging.

There are obviously a few players who wont be with us for long and considering the gulf in quality between us and them, it was a spirited performance. Its a new management team, pretty much a completely new squad and we had a makeshift defense.

We have progressed and we will continue to..............I'm behind the manger and his team, they need time.

That lot were rubbish today, mate, but still controlled the game. We play for 10-15 minutes then fade away.

There is no doubt we have improved over last year. I am confident that we will be comfortably 2nd this season. We really need to work out cutting out the easy goals we are giving up, we need to be switched on for the full 90 minutes.

Taking the result out of the equation, I actually feel ok with that performance. I think we have saw some improvements in terms of play and spirit, which has come from the management team.
We had some real good spells which was very encouraging.

There are obviously a few players who wont be with us for long and considering the gulf in quality between us and them, it was a spirited performance. Its a new management team, pretty much a completely new squad and we had a makeshift defense.

We have progressed and we will continue to..............I'm behind the manger and his team, they need time.
I agree.

Bearing in mind we were without Bruno and Declan, I think Declan would make a big difference down the left of defence plus is good going forward, he would have made a big difference but fortune was not on our side going into the game with those 2 injuries itself. Add to this we will be stronger down the left once we bring in someone like Walker. Again if we can bring in more talent with 3 or 4 players coming in January and a lot more in the summer I think we'll be a much better side.

spirit wise sorry but that was total rubbish today, happy to be proved otherwise - but their first goal summed up the spirit in the team today.

hesistant, will i wont i, are you getting it, I am not sure - and so on. we were like a team of rabbits caught in headlights through large parts of the game

only McCrorie for me displayed the passion to wear a Gers top today

Couldn't disagree more.

We were lucky it was only 2-0.

This is a real low for me. Never thought Dorrans and Jack would let Lego Eater away with his pish.

Couldn't disagree more.

We were lucky it was only 2-0.

This is a real low for me. Never thought Dorrans and Jack would let Lego Eater away with his pish.
Dorrans is one of the players I refer to when I say some wont be with us for long.

We barely laid a glove on them to be honest and gave them the initiative for the majority of the game. The heart went out of us after the 2nd goal too which really angered me. We let them take the piss for the last 20 minutes. More quality is definitely needed in our squad.

We barely laid a glove on them to be honest and gave them the initiative for the majority of the game. The heart went out of us after the 2nd goal too which really angered me. We let them take the piss for the last 20 minutes. More quality is definitely needed in our squad.
Which takes time, would you agree?

I think Rangers have shown they look stronger defensively given that was Rangers without Bruno and Declan, it's an improvement in that regard, we just now need to look to strengthen by bringing in more depth and quality in the January and summer transfer windows. The reason we never created as many chances is for that reason that we need to bring in more quality down the left etc. I think if Rangers can strengthen the quality of the team then we can be more attacking against Celtic, at the current time this team wasn't going to do that, haven't the quality to.

Mate, I think you are a glass half full man. They dominated the game and looked as if they had another gear if required. We had too many players that didn't turn up today which is a disgrace in match of that significance.

I do agree mate yes. However we are still so far away from them and will need a massive amount of work and luck in the next few transfer windows to come close to them. There was also still a distinct lack of spirit in the last 20 minutes of the game as they were running riot and in all honesty could have scored more.

We were dominated by a team that barely even tried. I fail to see the positive in that.

Our best player was a 19 year old playing his 2nd competitive match in the 1st team.

Mate, I think you are a glass half full man. They dominated the game and looked as if they had another gear if required. We had too many players that didn't turn up today which is a disgrace in match of that significance.
I agree they did look as thought they had another gear but in a years time we will also have another gear.

why does it take time to put the Gers top on and play with 100% effort and grit required of the Gers badge

only McCrorie and Morelos - 2 of our youngsters displayed that today

am not OK with the performance of the majority of the team today - again summed up by the first goal, you should be laying your whole body in to clearing the ball away , but if it was half hearted like the majority of the game

I do agree mate yes. However we are still so far away from them and will need a massive amount of work and luck in the next few transfer windows to come close to them. There was also still a distinct lack of spirit in the last 20 minutes of the game as they were running riot and in all honesty could have scored more.
3 years, that.s how long its going to take I think.
A further year to put on significant pressure.
2 years to start taking a trophy and challenge for the title.
3 years we start to dominate.

After witnessing the game today I'd agree that we're definitely going in the right direction - not as quickly as I and many others would like but definitely going the right way.

I don't understand why people expect huge leaps TBH.

Not happy at all but not for cutting my wrists.

why does it take time to put the Gers top on and play with 100% effort and grit required of the Gers badge

only McCrorie and Morelos - 2 of our youngsters displayed that today

am not OK with the performance of the majority of the team today - again summed up by the first goal, you should be laying your whole body in to clearing the ball away , but if it was half hearted like the majority of the game
Completely agree with that part of your post.

Get the team galvanised for the remaining games befre the January window with DJ and Alves returning to the fold and Walker and others coming in to strengthen our squad.I would like to see Hererra and Morelos persevered with as our front two and Walker could give us the width we are lacking.A tough tackling midfielder should be on the shopping list too.

Keep believing....

I thought we played well in the first half in the sense that we stopped them (to an extent) and matched them man for man, our midfield just didn't offer enough going forward.

Who knows what might've happened if we'd got that penalty and went 1-0 up.

For me, the one thing, more than anything else, we are lacking on the park is leadership. Pedro was talking about having 5 captains in his squad. OK Wallace and Alves were missing but I cannot recall any time when a Rangers team was so fragile and pushed around. In the two games against Partick, there was an absence of someone setting an example by competing hard for the loose ball. The manager has complained about teams displaying aggression when they play us. We could do with some of our players doing the same.

Last edited:
First 15 minutes aside, we had the majority of the first half thereafter.
We even managed to shut the beasts up for most of it.

The second half was abysmal. Downed tools, sat back and let them play.

How many goals does our keeper let in low to the left? Get rid of him and the rank rotten right back asap. Might also be an idea to buy gym equipment and use it to bulk up a bit

Back