Strange telephone call from Rangers

Hopefully the club will put up a blooper reel video on RTV of all the folk who thought it was a piss take :D

At least they phoned you. It was my birthday on Monday and the only call I got was from the bank to tell me I was in my overdraft again!

Just recieved a telephone call from a Mark Hate or something didnt property catch surname at rangers wishing me a happy 82nd birthday from the club. Its not myself whos 82 but my old man
Guy was asking if he could have my old mans number but i said i dont give it out. So he asked to pass on the clubs wishes and hung up.
Wasnt till i put the phone down that i realised the guy on the phone sounded 100% like Mark Hateley. Could this call be genuine to an 82 yr old season ticket holder or a scam. Would hate to thing i put the phone down on a rangers legend !!!

How could it possibly be a scam when you weren't scammed ?

All good guys. Phoned back and had a nice chat with big Mark. He phoned the old man who is absolutely over the moon. Said he was an absolute gent as you would expect from a rangers legend. Really made his night. Class stuff from the gers.
Did he call from his own mobile number?

Did he call from his own mobile number?
Prob a club mobile. Called him back after coming on here and he was good as gold. Not every day you get a call from Mark Hateley esp on a Sat night after 6pm. Hence the reason for being sceptical

Many many years ago I met John Greig and I asked if he would phone a friend for me and wish him happy birthday so a few days later on his birthday he phoned and my m8 thought it was a wind up his reply to Mr Greig "aye cheers m8 " then hung up. When I told him he was gutted who was his hero as a youngster JG of course.

All good guys. Phoned back and had a nice chat with big Mark. He phoned the old man who is absolutely over the moon. Said he was an absolute gent as you would expect from a rangers legend. Really made his night. Class stuff from the gers.
Brilliant bet that made the old bears day. Well done gers.

Genuine call OP and you blew it ha ha
9RljPrf.gif

It’s bad enough hanging up on Hately but it’s gonna get worse for you as your old man is gonna boot yer baws when you tell him :D

Jesus mate I'm in knots here

Hopefully someone can get you a call back and your old man can get his call

Just recieved a telephone call from a Mark Hate or something didnt property catch surname at rangers wishing me a happy 82nd birthday from the club. Its not myself whos 82 but my old man
Guy was asking if he could have my old mans number but i said i dont give it out. So he asked to pass on the clubs wishes and hung up.
Wasnt till i put the phone down that i realised the guy on the phone sounded 100% like Mark Hateley. Could this call be genuine to an 82 yr old season ticket holder or a scam. Would hate to thing i put the phone down on a rangers legend !!!

it’s genuine - the club will have your number on your dad’s file

Read back through the posts. I phoned back after realising through FF it was genuine. Big Mark had a laugh took my old mans number and gave him a call. My dad was over the moon so as i said alls well that ends well.
You should have handed the phone to the brains in the family in the first place. :))

Back