'Take Chelsea from Abramovich'

It is my view that chelsea were at the front of the queue in starting the financial madness that has engulfed not only english football but europern football as a whole .
No tears would be shed if they went under

Stupid comment.

Roman chose Chelsea after looking at Tottenham also. Where is this imaginary que your on about? Chelsea had already qualified for UCL

Imagine wanting a club to go under after going through what happened here in 2012.

You wouldn't be saying that if we had benefitted from russian ownership or investment

Please be true. You take that dodgy fcker and his money out the question and Chelsea are lower table/relegation level.

There's about 11 in the top flight of Scotland I want to go bust.

0/10 for the guilt trip attempt.

I don't recall Chelsea voting to send Rangers down. The 2 clubs have always had a link and good relationship between fans. You sound like a sadist that justs want to see people hurting

Why is anyone acting surprised that Abramovich's money is dodgy? Everyone knew that when he bought Chelsea in 2003 ffs.
Exactly. It’s not like it’s new information.

If you do strip Abramovich of Chelsea then where do you stop with other owners business practices? The Saudis, Arabs?

Look at Mike Ashley as well was he fit and proper for years? He’s ripped people off in this country for long enough.

Exactly. It’s not like it’s new information.

If you do strip Abramovich of Chelsea then where do you stop with other owners business practices? The Saudis, Arabs?

Look at Mike Ashley as well was he fit and proper for years? He’s ripped people off in this country for long enough.
Western Capitalism has no morals.

We include prostitution and drug money in our economic figures FFS.

Please be true. You take that dodgy fcker and his money out the question and Chelsea are lower table/relegation level.

yea because nobody else would want to come in and take over them now they are one of the most successful clubs in the world with a top playing squad and current Champions of Europe...

Stupid comment.

Roman chose Chelsea after looking at Tottenham also. Where is this imaginary que your on about? Chelsea had already qualified for UCL

Imagine wanting a club to go under after going through what happened here in 2012.

You wouldn't be saying that if we had benefitted from russian ownership or investment
Tell you what the queue was .Paying mad money for anything that moved.
Chelsea were the fore leaders of buying talent just for the sake of it and then having to farm them out to other clubs,simply to stop others getting them first and maybe missing a gem .
That is now common place all over football and the loan system has a lot to answer for imo.
Ok for getting young guys experience but paying 10 or 20 million for a player to end up on loan o_O

I wouldn't want these big investors anywhere near Ibrox,be they russian ,arabs ,americans or whatever .
i'm not part of the blues brothers that seems that seems prevelant on this board at times and their demise wouldn't cause me a thought tbh.

Tell you what the queue was .Paying mad money for anything that moved.
Chelsea were the fore leaders of buying talent just for the sake of it and then having to farm them out to other clubs,simply to stop others getting them first and maybe missing a gem .
That is now common place all over football and the loan system has a lot to answer for imo.
Ok for getting young guys experience but paying 10 or 20 million for a player to end up on loan o_O

I wouldn't want these big investors anywhere near Ibrox,be they russian ,arabs ,americans or whatever .
i'm not part of the blues brothers that seems that seems prevelant on this board at times and their demise wouldn't cause me a thought tbh.

Sky sports made the premier League attract owners like Roman.

Roman was in first buying Chelsea, if that didn't happen it would have just been another club first

I think it's unlikely to happen, but Chelsea would have no shortage of buyers. Premier League is an attractive option for many wealth individuals, companies and countries.

There's a bigger piece of work as it relates to ownership, fit and proper people and fans having security over their football clubs. Some sort of fan register for each team, which have to be consulted for any transaction involving clubs assets or stadium move would be my option.

Sky sports made the premier League attract owners like Roman.

Roman was in first buying Chelsea, if that didn't happen it would have just been another club first
Probably but they are all the same to me and wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over any of them sinking

Don’t forget he has loaned them £1.5B

No more top up loans due to sanctions, could be a financial disaster for Chelsea and EPL.
Wouldn’t be for the EPL at all. It would be for the club. It shows how propped up they have been by him and that their ‘success’ has all been bought by his dirty money.

Why is anyone acting surprised that Abramovich's money is dodgy? Everyone knew that when he bought Chelsea in 2003 ffs.
Always amazed me that, in a country where the government owned everything, there could be people with the wealth of Abramovich a decade later .

They will simply freeze his ability to draw on the debt the business owes him and sell the club so he will not be able to move any money in or out in a scale that would help him. Chelsea is a sustainable business and will be able to run without Abramovich.

They are not going to be wound up or put out of business. If the government were to retrieve Chelsea from him it would be under procceds of crime no doubt but that would take a age as any legal process does and would then be a government asset to sell to a fit and proper person. I am sure there must be a mega billionaire who has earned it legitimately somewhere out there who would then take it over from government.

Either that or sell it at one of them criminal goods auctions they advertise in the back sections of papers.

This ain't happening

And whilst I get the anger at Russia and therefore some Russians you need to separate out the nonsense and vitriolic gibberish.

Is Roman dodgy? Yes.
Did he invade Ukraine? No.
Did Chelsea invade Ukraine? No
Did Chelsea fans invade Ukraine? No

Romans daughter had an anti Putin image cutting about asking for him to be stopped.

Should US owners be stripped of their clubs due to Iraq and Afghanistan etc and was every penny they have earned legitimately?

Maybe strip timmy from Fritzl as he's as crooked as they come??

The baying mob wanting to castigate Chelsea should maybe march to the Russian embassy and direct their ire there if indeed they actually give a toss about whats going on or just using the Russian aggression as an excuse to kick Chelsea.

:)

I am sure there must be a mega billionaire who has earned it legitimately somewhere out there who would then take it over from government.

Sarcasm? Billionaires seldom fully legit tax avoidane tracking users etc influencing markets via social media not as bad as oligarchs but still not legit

Come on ffs so anyone with links or do dealings with Russia should be in effect cancelled when there are corruption and dictatorships in many politicians and their governments all over the World! Unless all wrong doers get treated same be it through wars, theft or any type of corruption which will never happen!

Tbf dont know why this war has happened so will do bit catching up later! All wars are terrible!
Abramovich isn’t ‘everyone.’ He is a close friend, ally and supporter of Putin. Chelsea are owned by him. They should be booted out of football. To allow them to continue to compete is giving an exception to sanctions.

Abramovich isn’t ‘everyone.’ He is a close friend, ally and supporter of Putin. Chelsea are owned by him. They should be booted out of football. To allow them to continue to compete is giving an exception to sanctions.
So kick him and Chelsea out because he is a friend of Putin? Running Chelsea is an exception to sanctions against Russia? Sorry but I just cant see this WDYGH and I doubt Abramovic/Chelsea have had anything to do with Putin's decision to invade Ukraine imo!

So kick him and Chelsea out because he is a friend of Putin? Running Chelsea is an exception to sanctions against Russia? Sorry but I just cant see this WDYGH and I doubt Abramovic/Chelsea have had anything to do with Putin's decision to invade Ukraine imo!
Abramovich is already under sanction and has been prior to Putin invading the Ukraine. He is not allowed in the UK. If this was any other company, it would already be frozen as an asset. This should have already happened.

They were all happy being Abramovich’s Roman Empire when he was buying them players and trophies, yet they now want to be seen as Chelsea Football Club, independent of their owner. Their football license should be suspended.

He needs to come out and criticise Putin and the invasion. That would go some way to show where his loyalties lie.

Will Tuchal and the players eventually refuse to work under abromovich if things get a lot worse ? The thing is that most footballers are mercenaries and probably couldn’t care less.

I don't recall Chelsea voting to send Rangers down. The 2 clubs have always had a link and good relationship between fans. You sound like a sadist that justs want to see people hurting
Plenty of fans who couldn’t give a toss about Chelsea and aren’t interested in buddy buddy relationships with other clubs though.

Abramovich is already under sanction and has been prior to Putin invading the Ukraine. He is not allowed in the UK. If this was any other company, it would already be frozen as an asset. This should have already happened.

They were all happy being Abramovich’s Roman Empire when he was buying them players and trophies, yet they now want to be seen as Chelsea Football Club, independent of their owner. Their football license should be suspended.
I cant say I know much about Abramovich's dealings or any sanctions before for same actions of Putin? You would think then if he had any involvement that he could have been banned for life or anyone in similar circumstances?

To throw a home based football club out and one with probably many fans against the invasion itself on the basis of Abramovic being a friend of Putin would be unfair and unjustified imo unless something came to light on any involvement of Abramovich then sanctions against him personally would be justified!

Show me the post where I said I wanted Chelsea to go bust? I'll wait..

Ah good. Complete the sale ,sieze the funds and donate it to Ukraine .Job done .
Chelsea carry on with new owner . The russian is out of pocket and out of our country .
Whats not to like

I cant say I know much about Abramovich's dealings or any sanctions before for same actions of Putin? You would think then if he had any involvement that he could have been banned for life or anyone in similar circumstances?

To throw a home based football club out and one with probably many fans against the invasion itself on the basis of Abramovic being a friend of Putin would be unfair and unjustified imo unless something came to light on any involvement of Abramovich then sanctions against him personally would be justified!
He is a friend, ally and supporter of Putin. He flew back to Moscow just as they invaded the Ukraine. The whole point is that supporters of Putin need crushed in the same way he needs crushed. It’s all about targeting those who are close to and supporters of Putin, to weaken his hold on things and his resolve. All sanctions need to be as swift and stiff as possible. If this was any other company owned by Abramovich, all of it’s assets in the UK would be frozen and this company, football club or not, should have all of its assets frozen. Their license to play should be revoked. Their fans were happy to take his dirty money and all the players and trophies it bought but now they expect to continue as if nothing is happening. This should have happened in 2014, when the Ukraine was previously invaded. It’s a disgrace it didn’t then and it must now. There is no point sanctioning Abramovich but giving an exemption to his most valuable asset in the UK, which continues to trade on an ongoing basis.

The FA should be doing what is required but they are shitebags, so they won’t.

He is a friend, ally and supporter of Putin. He flew back to Moscow just as they invaded the Ukraine. The whole point is that supporters of Putin need crushed in the same way he needs crushed. It’s all about targeting those who are close to and supporters of Putin, to weaken his hold on things and his resolve. All sanctions need to be as swift and stiff as possible. If this was any other company owned by Abramovich, all of it’s assets in the UK would be frozen and this company, football club or not, should have all of its assets frozen. Their license to play should be revoked. Their fans were happy to take his dirty money and all the players and trophies it bought but now they expect to continue as if nothing is happening. This should have happened in 2014, when the Ukraine was previously invaded. It’s a disgrace it didn’t then and it must now. There is no point sanctioning Abramovich but giving an exemption to his most valuable asset in the UK, which continues to trade on an ongoing basis.

I am neither for or against Abramovich but you have just made a good case for your arguement especially where highlighted!

My thoughts are anything learned on 2014 of who Abramovich was should have led to being legally forced out with a lifetime ban then if evidence showed any impropriety! Second bite at the cherry if same here?

Great post btw WDYGH

Eventually, but a potential bidding war and due dilligence could take months. Until then, someone needs to put money in to keep them going
What happened to us and we had done nothing wrong apart from having a corrupt owner. It would certainly seem that the UK tax man has probably lost out!!
There are huge similarities and I see no reason why Chelsea, who have benefited fantastically from the spending of millions made through dodgy deals and at the expense of the freedom and the lives of tens of thousands of people, should not be religated to England’s lowest league and let’s see if their fans and backers will bring them back to the top.

I'd give all of the Russians in the country the opportunity to denounce Putin's actions immediately, make them take a stance, sign a petition demanding an end to this illegal war, in parallel with freezing their assets.
They don't, they're on the first plane out, banned from the West.
No need to stop Chelsea playing in Abramovich's case, just take the ownership from him, do a deal for pennies on the pound to pay back the debt. Find a fit and proper owner.
Football and sport has an opportunity to ramp up the pressure, in combination with our politicians. They should act without delay.

Every russIan connection with any sport should be severed until they get the hellout of Ukraine . Putin is following Hitlers example of invading sovereign nations. Time to isolate Russia from the rest of the world and hopefully Russians will rise against him.

I'd give all of the Russians in the country the opportunity to denounce Putin's actions immediately, make them take a stance, sign a petition demanding an end to this illegal war, in parallel with freezing their assets.
They don't, they're on the first plane out, banned from the West.
No need to stop Chelsea playing in Abramovich's case, just take the ownership from him, do a deal for pennies on the pound to pay back the debt. Find a fit and proper owner.
Football and sport has an opportunity to ramp up the pressure, in combination with our politicians. They should act without delay.
I think the sports people would need to get the flight out before they denounced Putin or they’d end up in the tin pail. About 1700 were arrested the other day alone for protesting. He really is a despicable cûnt. I really hope someone takes him out.

Back