Team for Wednesday

Scotstounbluenose

I'm still pissed of with today. Hopefully just trying to focus on Wednesday will take my mind off it, but no promises. Anyway my team

McLaughlin
Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey
Jack, Lundstram
Lowry
Aribo-. Morelos Kent

Arfield needs rested and shagger is unfortunately done. Lowry to provide creativity and positive play. Aribo- has had a poor return from the Africa cup but being one of our most creative players is to important to drop in a must win game.

McLaughlin
Goldson Sands Balogun
Tavernier Lowry Lundstram Bassey
Kent
Roofe Morelos

Just under the assumption that the squad absences today - Jack, Helander, Ramsey etc - were Covid-related.

Stick with the back three. Get McGregor, Arfield and Aribo on the bench. First is done, latter two are shattered.

Lowry looked great when he was involved, get him back in. Roofe is quality when he's sharp, and while that takes him a while to find, we badly need to get minutes into him and try and take the scoring burden off of Morelos.

If the three doesn't work, you can turn that selection into 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 no bother.

I'm still pissed of with today. Hopefully just trying to focus on Wednesday will take my mind off it, but no promises. Anyway my team

McLaughlin
Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey
Jack, Lundstram
Lowry
Aribo-. Morelos Kent

Arfield needs rested and shagger is unfortunately done. Lowry to provide creativity and positive play. Aribo- has had a poor return from the Africa cup but being one of our most creative players is to important to drop in a must win game.
Like the look of that team all for Lowry it’s either him or sakala but think Lowry more composed on the ball so edges it

If Helander & Jack are fit:

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Helander Bassey
Jack Lundstram
Diallo Aribo Kent
Morelos

McLaughlin, Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey; Jack, Lundstram, Sakala, Roofe, Kent; Morelos

No reason why Roofe can’t play as that 10, Aribo is so burnt out, as is Arfield.

McGregor continuing is essentially writing off the title.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Jack/Davis
Lundstram

Sakala
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Hopefully no McGregor, Goldson, Arfield, Kamara in the team. Would like to see Helander, Balogun, Davis and McLaughlin back if fit.

_____________McLaughlin

Tav_____Goldson____Helander____Bassey

_________Jack_____Lundstram

Sakala________Lowry____________Kent

______________Morelos

Kamara wouldn't start another game if I was manager.

Arfield & Aribo need rested/dropped.

_____________McLaughlin

Tav_____Goldson____Helander____Bassey

_________Jack_____Lundstram

Sakala________Lowry____________Kent

______________Morelos

Kamara wouldn't start another game if I was manager.

Arfield & Aribo need rested/dropped.
Don’t get Sakala. He had more of the ball than anyone yesterday and did he haw

Don’t get Sakala. He had more of the ball than anyone yesterday and did he haw

Nonsense.

He scored & looked dangerous first half.

2nd half the full 11 were an embarrassment.

Who would you pick instead?.. we aren't exactly spoiled for choice.

Nonsense.

He scored & looked dangerous first half.

2nd half the full 11 were an embarrassment.

Who would you pick instead?.. we aren't exactly spoiled for choice.
Id rather Sakala than Kent every game, at least Sakala puts the ball in the net. Kent has the same amount of goals as Edouard and Ajeti in the league ffs, 7 million.

Its fine but he does a couple step overs and goes by someone a few times a game. And anyone saying he has 6 assists in the league, whats your point? A bricklayer that can’t even start for them now has more assists than him ffs.

Id rather Sakala than Kent every game, at least Sakala puts the ball in the net. Kent has the same amount of goals as Edouard and Ajeti in the league ffs, 7 million.

Its fine but he does a couple step overs and goes by someone a few times a game. And anyone saying he has 6 assists in the league, whats your point? A bricklayer that can’t even start for them now has more assists than him ffs.

Yeah Kents end product is piss poor.

He should be embarrassed with the numbers he puts up.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Balogun (if fit)
Bassey

Jack
Lundstram

Sakala
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

should be the team - wouldnt be shocked to see Diallo in for Sakala even tho i thought Sakala done well against Motherwell.

Why is Diallo making it into so many peoples squads? He’s done nothing to merit a start.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Aribo
Lundstram
Jack

Fashion
Morelos

Why is Diallo making it into so many peoples squads? He’s done nothing to merit a start.

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Aribo
Lundstram
Jack

Fashion
Morelos

I don't think nows the time for us to be starting with 10 players mate!

Joking aside, I'd go with

Mclaughlin

Tav. Goldson helander balogun bassey

Jack. Lundstram

Roofe. Buff. Sakala

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey
Jack Lundstram
Roofe Aribo Kent
Morelos

Few players in there lucky to keep their place but we're not heavy on numbers.

Il go against the grain

I'd like us to play the 11 players and system that started the second half against Dortmund at home

Stick with it until May stop tinkering

McLaughlin

Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Jack
Lundstram

Sakala
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

Agree with those saying Arfield & Aribo need a rest. I’m a fan of both but Arfield looks shattered and Aribo was poor yesterday.

If Jack is unavailable I wouldn’t mind seeing Sands get a start - think he’s looked relatively tidy and I’m losing patience with Kamara.

McLaughlin absolutely must be given a chance.

Gio can dress it up however he likes and I'm not going to jump on the blame McGregor bandwagon, but there has simply been too many poor goals conceded and it's time to try something new.

No messing about elsewhere. Strongest XI.

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey
Jack Davis/Lundstrum (where is Davis?!!)
Sakala Aribo Kent
Morelos

If we are worried about the oppo shelling in high balls then we need central defenders who are good in the air. That probably means Helander even though he got bullied a bit at Tannadice and not for the first time. Joe Aribo is going to have to do a defensive shift again too. On the evidence of last Thursday he is better in the air than big Calvin.

Back