Team vs Livi, how many get rested?

Not a game for a full different team. Tough opposition on a plastic pitch who will be fired up for it. Winning a trophy is a must this season, don't risk the first one.

Halliday for Barisic.
Katic or Edmundson for Helander.
Defoe for Morelos.
Stewart for Barker.

Foderingham
Tav Edmundson Helander Halliday
Kamara Jack Aribo
Barker Defoe Ojo

Only one I could see dropping out would be Jack, purely because he's not long back from injury.

Not a cat in hell's chance we'll see both Morelos and Defoe in the starting line up.

I suspect we'll see Fod in goal with Edmundson partnering Helander in defence.

Davis will likely sit this one out and Defoe will start in attack.

I agree with that.

The other possible change I see is Greg Stewart starting in one of the positions off the the striker.

He was involved yesterday, plus he'd some excellent performances on the plastic for Killie.

This game is slightly different from the Ibrox game due to Livi being at home and its a cup match.
Unless Livi parked the bus to get to penalties, it should be quite open.
Strong team required, Halliday at left back due to BB dislike for plastic hopefully he plays a bit better than East Fife match. Morelos should start leaving him on the bench only gives the opposition a lift.

Agree, it's unlikely to happen but we're lacking creative options with Kent and Jones being injured. Arfield looks like he needs a rest and I'm not convinced by Barker. Ojo will give us goals but can be quiet for rest of the game.

Morelos has the attributes to play slighty withdrawn but can't see it happening, will probably be Stewart.

Not a cat in hell's chance we'll see both Morelos and Defoe in the starting line up.

I suspect we'll see Fod in goal with Edmundson partnering Helander in defence.

Davis will likely sit this one out and Defoe will start in attack.

To be honest I wouldn’t be resting anyone. Strongest team possible. We struggling at home to livi last week at home. League cup is something we need to be aiming to win

Livingston are due a major regression. They've overperformed for a while now.

I'd go:

Foderingham
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Halliday
Davis
Kamara
Aribo
Stewart
Defoe
Arfield

Still a very strong squad, but a good amount of rotation.

Expect a strong side for this. Maybe rest Davis for Kamara. Barker might drop out for Arfield.

Posters suggesting wholesale changes for an away game, on a difficult surface against a team we struggled against a week ago at home!

1 or 2 changes only i'd expect.

I think we have to put out a fairly strong side. We want to win it and they are no mugs.

I’d go:
McGregor
Tavernier (if fully fit) Goldson Helander Barisic
King Jack Kamara
Stewart (plastic pitch experience) Defoe Arfield

They all have plastic pitch experience. They are brought up on it.

I'm going to say the Gaffer will go for maximum FollowFollow outrage and go with a centre-back pairing of Edmundson and Helander.

We will also see Defoe in for Morelos, Kamara for Aribo and either Arfield or King in for one of Ojo or Barker as we go narrower than we did in Perth. Foderingham will probably get the nod as well and we could see a change at left-back given the plastic pitch.

It looks pretty horrendous - but should get us through.

------------Foderingham--------------
Tav -- Edmundson -- Helander -- Halliday
---------Jack--------Davis------Kamara-------
---Arfield/King-----Defoe-----Ojo---

A league cup win is almost essential and would lay down a massive marker to the mentally challengeds. SG knows this so dont expect any radical changes.

Foderingham

Tavernier
Edmundson
Helander
Halliday

Kamara
Jack
Aribo

Arfield
Ojo

Defoe

Wee Davis and Morelos need a rest.

While we do have more depth to the squad this season I don’t think we’re at a stage where we can switch an entire team for a cup game at a tricky away ground. I would rest Tav if Flanagan was available but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Foderingham
Tavernier Katic Goldson Barisic
Kamara King Aribo
Stewart Defoe Arfield
Ideally kill the game off by the hour and get Tav and Arfield off.
Edmundson in for Katic if there’s an injury that kept him out of the past two games.

Because we don’t have a proper good reserve right back I’d only ever rest Tavernier for a game you “know” we will win, I.e East Fife.

Can’t risk it v Livingston Away in the cup in my opinion.

A bit disrespectful to Polster. A better right back than you give him credit for. IMHO.

We don't have a good enough squad for wholesale changes. Success in the League Cup would be hugely significant and I can see it being a strong team.

Fod
Polster edmundson katic barasic
Kamara aribo king
Stewart defoe Barker

I am in a minority I know, but I would go with a heavily changed team. For me at least, Aberdeen on Saturday is a much bigger game than a game in the Betfred Cup. “silverware” in the form of the Betfred Cup really isn’t something that fusses me too much. Even now, i’ll say that league games either side of a Betfred Cup semi or final would be much more important to me. It’s the league or nothing for me.

A team full of the likes of Fod, Katic, Edmundson, Docherty, Kamara, King, Stewart, Defoe and Barker should be able to cope with Livi.

A bit disrespectful to Polster. A better right back than you give him credit for. IMHO.

I get what you are saying. What goes against Polster is the drop in quality when he starts compared to Tavernier.

At left back if you drop Flanagan out, Barisic comes in and vice versa (occasionally Halliday) there’s maybe less of a quality gap at left back compared to right back between the options.

Tavernier who gets like 15 assists a season from right back, when he doesn’t play our style of play is clearly majorly affected.

IMHO, from what I have seen of Polster so far and granted that’s not that much he wouldn’t be a reliable understudy to Tavernier.

I am in a minority I know, but I would go with a heavily changed team. For me at least, Aberdeen on Saturday is a much bigger game than a game in the Betfred Cup. “silverware” in the form of the Betfred Cup really isn’t something that fusses me too much. Even now, i’ll say that league games either side of a Betfred Cup semi or final would be much more important to me. It’s the league or nothing for me.

A team full of the likes of Fod, Katic, Edmundson, Docherty, Kamara, King, Stewart, Defoe and Barker should be able to cope with Livi.

Im desperate to see Tav lift it. Its been far too long since we've seen a Rangers captain lift one of the main trophies over there head.

I don't see to many being rested, to big a game. Fod in, Defoe to start and maybe King to get some game time

The loss of silverware will mean a very big negative reaction and a negative focus on things SG as such can't gamble too much in changing things around. Very tricky to navigate the next few months.

Winning this cup is crucial if we are to win the league.

How many points do we get for it? :)

I get what you mean but the key thing is staying in contention we can lose the cup IF we keep winning in the league. I think the problem is the pressure of losing-how the players react is massive IF it happens.

I can understand why you would say that - but I can’t agree with it I’m afraid. Whilst the League title is, and always will be, the primary target right now it is crucial, absolutely crucial, that we pick up some silverware this season. The League Cup is the first, and probably the easiest, way to do so.

We should make changes though, I do agree on that. I’ve suggested a team above that probably has as many changes as you suggest but leaves us, in my opinion, stronger in the crucial midfield area with Jack, Davis and Kamara in there.

East Fife away showed we don't have the quality to make 7, 8 changes.

Polster, Halliday, Docherty, Stewart all starting is just asking for trouble.

An equally poor pitch and a side who are of a much better standard to East Fife who only a few weeks ago went 1-0 up at Ibrox.

If we are out it's a step forward for those cunts getting a possible treble again

They must be stopped at all costs.

We haven't won Silverware since 2011, There is a load of young supporters who haven't seen Rangers lift a cup, I don't think we are at a stage where we can make wholesale changes unless it were a home tie

Full strength team for me bar Alfie for defoe

Livingston caused us real problems at Ibrox

They will be even tougher to beat at their shit pit

Back