That performance - 2nd half in particular

Psychology plays a massive role in sport, especially football. Our players just don't have the drive and confidence to put games away early, which breeds confidence and belief for future games. Instead, we are listless and pedestrian, which the opposition quickly picks up on. They all know that we are vulnerable and take their chances.

I genuinely don't get where these performances have came from.

OK take last season out the equation as it really was a freak season in terms of how we played, records broken etc. We were still blowing teams away in Gerrards first and second seasons in charge.

Not 1 but 2 goals lost to the sheep given their form and team they put out is more than dissapointing it's inexcusable imho, get it together and soon Rangers plz fs

The goals given away were complete shockers, symptomatic of our season so far, very cheap. We managed to get one back and had a decent spell I thought but the last 10 mins of the first half and pretty much the whole 2nd half were very poor. No tenacity, no tempo and no quality.

I do think we have a decent set of players but we look lost in the final third this year and that’s a bigger worry for me than these defensive errors. Maybe in training the wide ball whipped in works a treat but that’s our own guys who will be defending it.

I was really alarmed tonight at the lack of movement throughout the side although I think Aribo and Bassey done ok.

A single shot on target (a penalty) in a second half at home in a game that we’re losing reflects a team that has absolutely no creativity whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back