The Football Factory Film

Watched away days on Amazon Prime based on this thread. Utter bollocks!! Middle class boy wants to be football hooligan, football holligan wants to be middle classes art student. Only redeeming factors are the wee piece from shameless getting rattled and the tunes.

Just watched football factory and quite enjoyed it, not a fan of dyer but I thought he OK in it,

the firm with gary oldman will always be my favourite and the directors cut is worth a watch as well, a couple of surprising moments in it that had to be cut out
Sorry mate, but do you mean watch the directors cut as bits are missing from the theatrical release, or bits are missing from the directors cut? I’ve never seen the original and fancy watching the version with least cut

Sorry mate, but do you mean watch the directors cut as bits are missing from the theatrical release, or bits are missing from the directors cut? I’ve never seen the original and fancy watching the version with least cut
Expect he means the Directors Cut DVD? Just ordered it for £9.50 odd at eBay:

Newly transferred in HD, The Firm is presented here in two versions: the never-before-seen Director’s Cut, which re-instates a number of bold sequences previously considered too controversial for audiences; and the original BBC TV broadcast version.

When this first came out I use to watch it on repeat. Had dreams of being like that just one thing stopping me. I couldn’t fight sleep and have the heart of a sweetie mouse!

Worth a watch of the commentary with Nick Love. Always remember him saying in it that he hit stick from some quarters for the Taxi Driver scenes, as it made people with certain views look bad/stupid. Some interesting stuff during it.

Last edited:
Expect he means the Directors Cut DVD? Just ordered it for £9.50 odd at eBay:

Newly transferred in HD, The Firm is presented here in two versions: the never-before-seen Director’s Cut, which re-instates a number of bold sequences previously considered too controversial for audiences; and the original BBC TV broadcast version.
Cheers for that I’ve just ordered it from Amazon.

The fight scene at the end of the football factory was nothing compared to what actually went on when Millwall and Chelsea played each other in 1984 and 1995

Green Street was great
If I'm thinking of the correct film, part of Green Street was filmed in The Griffin near Brentford's Griffin Park ( before Brentford FC moved ). If that is correct, and even if it is not correct, The Griffin was Terry Hurlock's local whilst he was performing as a Brentford legend.

Griffin Park was the ground with a pub at each corner outside, and yes I have....... Cool story bro, met Stan Bowles in two of them.

If I'm thinking of the correct film, part of Green Street was filmed in The Griffin near Brentford's Griffin Park ( before Brentford FC moved ). If that is correct, and even if it is not correct, The Griffin was Terry Hurlock's local whilst he was performing as a Brentford legend.

Griffin Park was the ground with a pub at each corner outside, and yes I have....... Cool story bro, met Stan Bowles in two of them.

No sign of the major?

Back