Official The Gers TV presents a get fit challenge - Murder Hill Gullane Sands !

mdingwall

Administrator
The Gers TV are pleased to announce our charity challenge for 2023 ,all (FIT) Rangsrs fans are welcome to participate .
CHALLENGE FOR ANYONE FIT OR WANTING TO GET FIT
‍♂️
‍♀️
‍♂️
⛱️

GERS TV, Along with Rangers legend Gordon Smith are going to recreate the famous training regime of Mighy Jock Wallace
1f499.png

In aid of the R.S.E.A., Gers TV are looking for between 50 & 100 volunteers to do this for a great cause, its £100 sponsorship needed by each person taking part ( RSCs and bars are welcome to take part).
Gordon Smith will be there to oversee everyone & make sure it's the same training as he had the pleasure of doing under the great Jock Wallace.
So come on folks get your name down and get your self super fit for this wonderful challenge.
The event will be Easter weekend 2023, Gers TV's are working on a venue for before and after to allow people to relax ,have refreshments and get cleaned up.

I done it, twice a week for 4 month in early 90’s.
I Was in mid twenties then. Certainly gets you fit. It would probably be frowned upon now by pro’s as it would cause a lot of strains , pulled muscles, pro”s nowadays are super fit but train differently now.

Didn’t Jock call it “feeding the seagulls”… for obvious reasons, would love to see our current players do it during pre-season (or now)

It's not for everyone that's why it states fit people or people trying to get fit. It's also just a wee tribute to Jock Wallace and a day out for everyone that attends while making RSEA some money.
More details on the project soon.
are you doing it Si?

I Was in mid twenties then. Certainly gets you fit. It would probably be frowned upon now by pro’s as it would cause a lot of strains , pulled muscles, pro”s nowadays are super fit but train differently now.
Jock Wallace Rangers team were supremely fit mate , the amount of appearances they made is unprecedented , the top 14/15 of them will have 6,000 approx Rangers appearances alone.

I’ve been there three times and it is helluva tough. Still used by some athletes for strength training before going on to the reps.

I'm trying to get a few of us off the Running thread in the Lounge, to have a go at this.

There's some good athletes on there and it'll be a good fun training session, plus more importantly, we'll be raising money for a very good cause.

Last edited:
Todays players are far fitter than those in Jock's day. He would be impressed.

So much of this crap put on this as if it's the most incredible military training.

It was achieved regularly by guys who smoked 40 a day and had four hangovers a week. Every current player would do it with consummate ease.

Morelos though would be spewing his ring

Back