Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed the club news item for the match had some unusual places where you won't get it on RangersTV. I expected UK, Republic of Ireland and Belgium to be ruled out but there's some other important ones for this match as well. France, Germany or The Netherlands look best options for those on VPN tonight:

Rights restrictions mean the match is unavailable if you are connecting from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, United States, Australia, Hong Kong or Macau.
I’ve tried Netherlands, Germany and Portugal but only getting options to subscribe, not “buy” the match. I’m logged out of RTV. I know it’s me doing something wrong, dunno what!

I’ve tried Netherlands, Germany and Portugal but only getting options to subscribe, not “buy” the match. I’m logged out of RTV. I know it’s me doing something wrong, dunno what!
Yup, it sounds like you.:) You won't see a button to buy the match - only a button saying Subscribe (don't ask me why, its a long-standing beef of mine). Click on that and you will see the option to buy the match.

Or take the easy way out and click on this link (which is also in the OP) BEFORE you log in but AFTER turning on your VPN:

Last edited:
Yup, it sounds like you.:) You won't see a button to buy the match - only a bu'itton saying Subscribe (don't ask me why, its a long-standing beef of mine). Click on that and you will see the option to buy the match.

Or take the easy way out and click on this link (which is also in the OP) BEFORE you log in but AFTER turning on your VPN:

Another Ballotelli “why always me” moment!

Thanks AGAIN mate. Purchase made, now to get the OP instructions right when the program starts!…

Yup, it sounds like you.:) You won't see a button to buy the match - only a button saying Subscribe (don't ask me why, its a long-standing beef of mine). Click on that and you will see the option to buy the match.

I’ve done the second you suggested there VB. should we be seeing the red Watch Live button yet? Just shows me the videos of the interviews to do with tonight’s game.

I’ve done the second you suggested there VB. should we be seeing the red Watch Live button yet? Just shows me the videos of the interviews to do with tonight’s game.
Im the same bout the monthly sub- no match live?

Watch Live button isn't active yet mate. It will appear next to the match listing in due course. Usually circa 45 minutes before kick-off. So soon. I hope.

Cheers mate. Used an overseas sub and VPN all last season with zero issues so don’t know why I’m panicking tonight.
We all have our moments of panic/nerves mate, even me. Watch Live now active, refresh page to see it. Placeholder screen with club crests. Coverage due to start at 1925hrs.

Anybody else just getting the spinnig wheel? MacBook Pro - Chrome.

Edit - Just refreshed the page and all came good. Holding sllide now.

Anybody else just getting the spinnig wheel? MacBook Pro - Chrome.
You sure you have your VPN on and set to overseas? And are you on wifi, or mobile date via hotspot?

If on wifi and overseas or using a VPN to appear overseas maybe try logging out, clearing cache/cookies and trying again. If it still doesn't work try setting your VPN to a different location. Remember the following, though I found that The Netherlands was a problem as well:

Rights restrictions mean the match is unavailable if you are connecting from the UK, Ireland, Belgium, United States, Australia, Hong Kong or Macau.

Help please!

Purchased the game on RTV yesterday and received confirmation email.

Watching from Netherlands only to be told after pressing Watch Live.
We're sorry, this content is only available in certain countries.

Any suggestions?

Help please!

Any suggestions?
I’m getting this as well mate, I’m in Spain.

Help please!

Any suggestions?
Logout. Clear cache/cookies. Try switching VPN to France and trying again.

If you are on a mobile device and using mobile data it may be 'hanging on' to the UK network. Switch off mobile data and connect via wifi if you are able.

Help please!

Any suggestions?

I had that with the Netherlands. Closed my browser after changing to Norway and it's working fine.

It might be something on my end - I’m using TV Bro on Firestick - but when I try to maximize the RTV video to fit the full screen it squeezes the image into only the top quarter of the screen. I’ve never had this issue before. I’m in USA so could watch on Paramount Plus, but would rather listen to Tom’s commentary.

It might be something on my end - I’m using TV Bro on Firestick - but when I try to maximize the video to fit the full screen it squeezes the image into only the top quarter of the screen. I’ve never had this issue before. I’m in USA so could watch on Paramount Plus, but would rather listen to Tom’s commentary.
I'd love to help mate, and I do have a Fire TV Stick but haven't used it in ages - so I've forgotten. Are you in the States as your username suggests? The game isn't available on RangersTV in the States as per post #1617.

If you're using a VPN and aren't in the States I'd maybe give up on TVBro and just try using Silk browser with the VPN set to anywhere but one of the countries listed. Silk is no good for video content on RangersTV but it works fine for live matches in my experience.

I'd love to help mate, and I do have a Fire TV Stick but haven't used it in ages - so I've forgotten. Are you in the States as your username suggests? The game isn't available on RangersTV in the States as per post #1617.

If you're using a VPN and aren't in the States I'd maybe give up on TVBro and just try using Silk browser with the VPN set to anywhere but one of the countries listed. Silk is no good for video content on RangersTV but it works fine for live matches in my experience.

Thanks. I am in USA. The stream is working on Firestick (no vpn) I’m watching the preshow and interview with Dave Voss just finished. The steam is fine, it just won’t go to full screen. I’ll switch over to Paramount Plus and just come back to RTV for halftime and full time chat.

Thanks. I am in USA. The stream is working on Firestick (no vpn) I’m watching the preshow and interview with Dave Voss just finished. The steam is fine, it just won’t go to full screen. I’ll switch over to Paramount Plus and just come back to RTV for halftime and full time chat.
Odd. Shouldn't be working in USA in truth. Did you try via Silk? Be sure to logout on TVBro first of course.

Can any VPN experts advise on this, is there any advantage to using a P2P server than just the bog standard foreign VPN server for streaming?

Can any VPN experts advise on this, is there any advantage to using a P2P server than just the bog standard foreign VPN server for streaming?
No idea mate. Using NordVPN I just connect to whatever server they recommend in the country I select. Usually The Netherlands but had some issues with that for tonight so moved to France. Sometimes I notice it is a P2P but just crack on anyway. Cant say I've seen a difference.

Jesus Christ! I love Rangers but my god Rangers TV doesn’t make it easy. Won’t let me log in, changed password and still no access, changed it again with their recommended password and it says that one isn’t compliant but won’t let me type over it.

I won’t even start with the ask to confirm I’m not a robot. No button or anything to click, just that question. I actually seethed ‘I’m not a fuckin robot’ at the screen.

Sigh. This match is beyond me.

Jesus Christ! I love Rangers but my god Rangers TV doesn’t make it easy. Won’t let me log in, changed password and still no access, changed it again with their recommended password and it says that one isn’t compliant but won’t let me type over it.

I won’t even start with the ask to confirm I’m not a robot. No button or anything to click, just that question. I actually seethed ‘I’m not a fuckin robot’ at the screen.

If it makes you feel any better the games not on RTV…

Edit: or maybe it is? Why’ve I paid for Premier sports then??

If it makes you feel any better the games not on RTV…

Edit: or maybe it is? Why’ve I paid for Premier sports then??
It is on and I’ve got a VPN. I’ve got Sky Sports, BT but not premier.

Like Barisic, it’s not my night.

And I’m still not a robot!

Worked OK for me tonight but no way of making the Chromecast work from both laptop and mobile. Have to say it has been this way since the end of last season.
Any idea why?

Can't help you with your password problem but I did get the 'confirm you're not a robot message' with no Captcha pictures to click on. I simply typed my entire password in again and clicked to login and it worked fine.

Would anyone know when the quality of a full match would be at its highest watching on a re run. I’ve noticed it to be garbage when it’s first put up onto RTV.

Would anyone know when the quality of a full match would be at its highest watching on a re run. I’ve noticed it to be garbage when it’s first put up onto RTV.
Usually best waiting until around lunchtime the next day I think. It’s only 480p or thereabouts at first.

Kilmarnock match now available for those overseas or overseas via a VPN to purchase as a 3 Day Unlimited Pass.

USG match is also now available for purchase and is available in the UK and worldwide except Belgium.

Both at £9.99 each.

Details of both in the OP of this thread.

Currently in the US and have bought the 3 day package. No option to “watch live” coming up next to the Kilmarnock game. Should I be able to view this at the moment or not until closer to kick off?

Probably a daft question but if I'm overseas, does the Unlimited £24/month option let me watch all the live games shown rather than me paying 9.99/game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back