Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually in Spain with Nord setting Nethrrlands. Allows me to click, through showing live match - click on link, and get country violation message.
Working now -weird

Last edited:
Just to confirm, RTV currently showing me the preview show for me at the moment. Anyone else getting anything different?
Edit looks like they're cutting live now.

Change to Belgium and you should be good to go.
Since Gio arrived whether 'abroad' or abroad I have used the Netherlands which would not work. Maybe cache or something. Anyway changed to Spain and it is working. So actually in the correct location for once. :)

Absolute bag of sh*te.
Anyone else getting message “currently not broadcasting”?
Getting this on both chrome and the app

In Ireland, paid the annual subscription, not getting the option to purchase the game today. Any ideas why ?

Hate that they changed the rules back, VPN is a pain in the arse and another expensive. Currently watching a squinty stream on YT.

I’ve bought todays game and it won’t cast either via Apple TV or Chromecast. The video won’t properly maximise in my phone, and the spinning wheel won’t go away.

Switched over to my regular illegal steaming site and it’s working fine. No wonder people use illegal sites when the RTV app is such a pile of useless shite.

I’ve bought todays game and it won’t cast either via Apple TV or Chromecast. The video won’t properly maximise in my phone, and the spinning wheel won’t go away.

Switched over to my regular illegal steaming site and it’s working fine. No wonder people use illegal sites when the RTV app is such a pile of useless shite.

Absolute garbage from RTV. Same every early season

Absolute garbage from RTV. Same every early season
Took me about 20 minutes to try to work out how to purchase (on the site) and only worked out how to after reading the OP on this thread. It’s as if they don’t want people to buy it.

I guess the chances of a refund are slim.

Trying to log in through Opera browser with the VPN on, as I've done for the last two seasons and did on Tuesday night, and I can't log in. Getting asked to confirm I'm not a robot, but nothing comes up for me to tick/choose to confirm.

Logged in earlier without the VPN ok but then couldn't view the game.

First time I've had any issues like this - first game I've not watched in 2 seasons :(

Looks like I'll be buying Nord now to see if it works.

I'm In Belgium just now but the payment to authorise from my credit card is coming in at £0.00 instead of £9.99 and the game isn't available. I've logged out and back in again but no joy.

Showing a programme that was on last night is poor, I thought the quality of the programs would progress as it’s making money. If it doesn’t improve, which is a shame as I liked the pre game show, I will just have to watch sky until the match starts.

Trying to switch back to RTV at half-time, getting a message on the screen saying ‘Currently not broadcasting’. What a pile of pish.

• Angry
Reactions: BWO
Errors all day today.
This in Chrome

585-A9-E83-0-B02-4-C46-9-E37-5014-B660-A0-F6.jpg

This on the app multiple times

464021-B3-BD84-47-FA-9-AE6-D1-A9560022-E8.jpg

Dogsh*t service

I couldn't get the game on RTV even though I was on holiday in Belgium now been charged twice for the game. I've sent a email asking for a refund for £19.98.

I know that this has been covered a few times but I don't want to scroll back through all the posts to find it (sorry not sorry :D), but does anyone have the instructions on how to side load the RTV app onto a Firestick? Thanks.

Edit - Answered below.

Last edited:
I know that this has been covered a few times but I don't want to scroll back through all the posts to find it (sorry not sorry :D), but does anyone have the instructions on how to side load the RTV app onto a Firestick? Thanks.
I’m away from home and don’t have the instructions to hand until maybe tomorrow or Monday mate. Hopefully someone else can help (it is in this thread somewhere).

One thing to note, it needs to be the 4K MAX stick you sideload to. None of the others will work.

I’m away from home and don’t have the instructions to hand until maybe tomorrow or Monday mate. Hopefully someone else can help (it is in this thread somewhere).

One thing to note, it needs to be the 4K MAX stick you sideload to. None of the others will work.

Thanks VB. It's not urgent or anything, I just want to try it. And it is the 4k Max version, cheers.

Thanks VB. It's not urgent or anything, I just want to try it. And it is the 4k Max version, cheers.
Here you go mate. See post #21 in the thread linked below but maybe have a read if the rest of the thread as well. When I sideloaded the RangersTV App before (when it was possible on older devices) I didn’t bother with the ‘mouse toggle’ download but some have found it makes things easier. I just used the Fire TV App on my iPhone or iPad and it worked well enough.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Here you go mate. See post #21 in the thread linked below but maybe have a read if the rest of the thread as well. When I sideloaded the RangersTV App before (when it was possible on older devices) I didn’t bother with the ‘mouse toggle’ download but some have found it makes things easier. I just used the Fire TV App on my iPhone or iPad and it worked well enough.

Good luck.

VB, thanks for this I really appreciate it. I tried it and got the "There was an error parsing the package" message though, so I guess it's the plain old 4k Firestick I have after all, not the MAX.

Thanks again.

Q. Will I be alright watching RTV against USG if I bought the game from Belgium?

Wasn’t aware until today’s H&H update that the game is available in the UK on RTV and not available in Belgium! Typical.

Q. Will I be alright watching RTV against USG if I bought the game from Belgium?

Wasn’t aware until today’s H&H update that the game is available in the UK on RTV and not available in Belgium! Typical.
Yes mate, you will be fine. Doesn't matter where you bought it the right to view it will be credited to your account and you can view from anywhere you like, including the UK but excluding (ironically) Belgium ha ha.

If you want to check just login to your account, click on the wee man icon again and select RTV Account from the drop-down menu. You should see the game listed under your Active Subscriptions section I think. Don't forget to hit the 'back' button and logout when you are done.

Yes mate, you will be fine. Doesn't matter where you bought it the right to view it will be credited to your account and you can view from anywhere you like, including the UK but excluding (ironically) Belgium ha ha.

If you want to check just login to your account, click on the wee man icon again and select RTV Account from the drop-down menu. You should see the game listed under your Active Subscriptions section I think. Don't forget to hit the 'back' button and logout when you are done.
Yeah, I’ve got it listed. :)) Thanks again mate

I can’t seem to find where to buy the game for tomorrow night. Tried the usual link but no option to buy. Is it just me?

I gave up trying a couple of years ago.
Best option is to buy the Apple lightening to HDMI adaptor

Currys have it on offer
edit: Amazon have same price

Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter https://amzn.eu/d/2ywfkl1
Decent discount on that to be fair, and cheaper than other options. Also saves the need to use third party apps to cast to the likes of a Fire TV Stick.

IIRC you had Apple TV at one point. Were you never able to get it casting to that device again? Or was it simply the VPN issue that was preventing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back