Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent discount on that to be fair, and cheaper than other options. Also saves the need to use third party apps to cast to the likes of a Fire TV Stick.

IIRC you had Apple TV at one point. Were you never able to get it casting to that device again? Or was it simply the VPN issue that was preventing that?

Still got Apple TV.
It will cast the normal every day Rangers TV videos ok but not games with VPN or not. I wonder if they just restrict it.

Still got Apple TV.
It will cast the normal every day Rangers TV videos ok but not games with VPN or not. I wonder if they just restrict it.
Don't think RTV restrict it, I assume its something to do with the differing networks thing when a VPN comes into play.

I know you now do things differently but for tonight no VPN is required so it 'should' work with your Apple TV. That said, using the connector you mention is the iPhone equivalent of my recommended laptop/HDMI option so is probably the optimum solution for those with iPhone/iPad.

Reactions: BWO
A wee word of warning for anybody who tries to purchase the game and gets a 'cost £0' message. I previously thought this meant the payment had failed. However, this post in another thread indicates its worth checking if your payment actually went though at £9.99.

When i went to buy the game just there, it came up as cost £0 which i was a bit perplexed by, but i assumed it must have just deducted it from the seatsub credit i have.

However it now shows a payment of £9.99 to Rangers on my bank statement, so unsure what happened there.

You can check your bank account, of course, but you can also check your RangersTV account. Login to RangersTV, then click on the wee man icon and select RTV Account from the drop-down menu. If you have successfully purchased the match then the game will be listed under your Active Subscriptions section.

I have bought the game on my phone, when I log in on the laptop it just says USG game and 3 videos.

I take it when the coverage starts 7:30(?) the homepage will update with a link to watch the game?

Cheers

I have bought the game on my phone, when I log in on the laptop it just says USG game and 3 videos.

I take it when the coverage starts 7:30(?) the homepage will update with a link to watch the game?

Cheers
Watch Live button is there now mate.

For those that bought the 3 Day Unlimited Pass on Saturday have a wee check and you might find it will cover you for tonight. It shouldn’t, as the 3 days is supposed to run for 72 hours, but I’ve a couple of posters telling me their’s is still active. Worth a check.

A wee word of warning for anybody who tries to purchase the game and gets a 'cost £0' message. I previously thought this meant the payment had failed. However, this post in another thread indicates its worth checking if your payment actually went though at £9.99.

When i went to buy the game just there, it came up as cost £0 which i was a bit perplexed by, but i assumed it must have just deducted it from the seatsub credit i have.

However it now shows a payment of £9.99 to Rangers on my bank statement, so unsure what happened there.

You can check your bank account, of course, but you can also check your RangersTV account. Login to RangersTV, then click on the wee man icon and select RTV Account from the drop-down menu. If you have successfully purchased the match then the game will be listed under your Active Subscriptions section.
My card was declined earlier today and I noticed it was £0, checked my account and it’s not showing.

My card was declined earlier today and I noticed it was £0, checked my account and it’s not showing.
Sounds like your purchase didn’t go through then mate. Was worth checking though just the same, so you don’t make the mistake of buying twice.

Aye I’ll just get it on the radio.
If it was simply an error in the payment process you could try clearing cache/cookies and attempting it again. if your card was actually 'declined' due to banking issues that's a different matter of course, and not for us to know.

If it was simply an error in the payment process you could try clearing cache/cookies and attempting it again. if your card was actually 'declined' due to banking issues that's a different matter of course, and not for us to know.
I’ve money in that account that I use for buying tickets so that’s not the issue. Strange that it was showing as £0.

I’ve money in that account that I use for buying tickets so that’s not the issue. Strange that it was showing as £0.
As I suggested try clearing cache/cookies and making another effort. Or maybe on a different device. The other poster who saw it as £0 discovered his payment had gone through at £9.99.

Cheers
Watch live is their mate ive got it pre loaded and streaming

Coverage starts 7:15

I did have to click into my profile for it to show though

FUCKING BASTARD!!!! I'm a total technophobe, registered a new account paid my money and got it working but I picked up my ipad and somehow it's just switched off!!!@ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Got it sorted, thank God, but I still hate Rangers TV so much:))

Can you access RTV from two devices on the same network?

Just considering the need to have it on in the TV and the kitchen this weekend.

I would guess not?

I would guess not?
If you login on two devices at the same time, even if on the same network, you risk the account being blocked. If it happens its easily unblocked (password reset) but it can sometimes take a while for the email to come through. Not worth the risk IMHO.

I would guess not?
I gave a note my login details to a mate after getting home from the match on Tuessay night.
So they could watch the highlights before bed.
Worked fine for both of us.
Best pay attention to VB rather than me though.

I gave a note my login details to a mate after getting home from the match on Tuessay night.
So they could watch the highlights before bed.
Worked fine for both of us.
Best pay attention to VB rather than me though.

That would only be a problem if you were both logged in at the same time. Unless the club have relaxed the rule on it.

From another thread, but useful advice for Chromecast users with Android devices:

You need to cast the tab in your browser rather than press the Chromecast button.

Just pressing the button sends the web address to the Chromecast device & it tries to connect to the stream directly....i.e....the Chromecast will have a UK IP address so will not work.

Casting the tab means your device (with VPN on) connects to the stream then sends the resultant video direct to the chromecast...so the Chromecast grabs the stream from your device rather than the stream server.

Are there any deals going on Nord? I can’t see them through rangers.

I plan to switch on the VPN after purchase and hook up my MacBook to the TV via hdmi.

Im assuming this is ok by reading the thread @Valley Bluenose?

Great thread btw

Are there any deals going on Nord? I can’t see them through rangers.

I plan to switch on the VPN after purchase and hook up my MacBook to the TV via hdmi.

Im assuming this is ok by reading the thread @Valley Bluenose?

Great thread btw
The Rangers affiliate link is in the OP mate, but I've added it below.

Only flaw I see in your plan is that most matches are only available overseas or overseas via a VPN. You will not see them offered for purchase unless you have your VPN switched on - so you will need it on to make the purchase. The Standard Plan over 2 years is the best value and will meet your needs for RangersTV.

Laptop/Macbook and HDMI is the optimum way to get it on a big screen as far as I'm concerned. Messy, arguably, but you get the best results.

@Valley Bluenose as you mentioned it in the Preview Show thread, can I ask you about TVBro please. I struggled with the navigation if it before, but I reinstalled it the other night and watched the USG highlights ok, except for a couple of minor issues.

First one was when I went full screen, the picture did not fit my TV screen correctly. There was a black space at the bottom of the video. Do you know if I have to calibrate TVBro to my TV?

Also, at one point I tried to pause the video but pressing the play/pause button on the Firestick remote didn't do anything. Any idea why that would be?

Thanks!

@Valley Bluenose as you mentioned it in the Preview Show thread, can I ask you about TVBro please. I struggled with the navigation if it before, but I reinstalled it the other night and watched the USG highlights ok, except for a couple of minor issues.

First one was when I went full screen, the picture did not fit my TV screen correctly. There was a black space at the bottom of the video. Do you know if I have to calibrate TVBro to my TV?

Also, at one point I tried to pause the video but pressing the play/pause button on the Firestick remote didn't do anything. Any idea why that would be?

Thanks!
I haven't used it for more than a year mate sorry. I do have a vague recollection of using the Fire TV App to set my screen size though. Might need to try the Mouse Toggle App for the other issue. Some info in post #21 of this thread.

I haven't used it for more than a year mate sorry. I do have a vague recollection of using the Fire TV App to set my screen size though. Might need to try the Mouse Toggle App for the other issue. Some info in post #21 of this thread.

Brilliant, thanks mate. I'll take a look there.

Brilliant, thanks mate. I'll take a look there.
Found this as well. An old post but might help. Post #310.

Trying everything to buy the game on Saturday but cant. When I try to subscribe it takes me through to the four videos and not the live match.

Trying everything to buy the game on Saturday but cant. When I try to subscribe it takes me through to the four videos and not the live match.
As per the OP - do NOT login prior to trying to purchase the match. The buying process will take you through login. Just click on the Subscribe button (yup, even if you have a subscription). Or use the link below. It’s the 3 Day Unlimited Pass you want.

Also, bear in mind, you need to be overseas or overseas via VPN in order to buy the game.

Hello VB, it’s not giving me an option to buy a 3 day pass.
3 Day Pass is definitely there. I assume you aren’t seeing the overseas subscription options either, which is the giveaway for a VPN related issue?

Sounds like your VPN isn’t registering if so. Could try just selecting another location - moving from The Netherlands to France for example, and trying again.

‘Proper‘ way would be to logout, switch off VPN, clear cache/cookies, close browser, switch on VPN to a different country, open browser and try again.

And remember - do NOT login beforehand.

Thanks!
I’m watching St Johnstone game on Firestick, TVBro browser. For past 3 games I’ve not been able to watch on full screen mode. When I try to click the arrows to make the screen fit the full tv it condenses the picture to top third of screen. I can still watch without maximizing, but after a few minutes the screensaver kicks in (which doesn’t happen if in full screen mode ). I was interested to see you have a similar issue with TV bro. It’s pretty annoying, since I’ve never had this problem up until the first USG game. Looks like we may need a new browser. There used to be problems with Silk, due to the white bar. So I changed to Firefox a while back. Then they discontinued Firefox for Firestick, so I can changed to TVBro. Looks like I’ll need to find another browser to use for RTV.

I’m watching St Johnstone game on Firestick, TVBro browser. For past 3 games I’ve not been able to watch on full screen mode. When I try to click the arrows to make the screen fit the full tv it condenses the picture to top third of screen. I can still watch without maximizing, but after a few minutes the screensaver kicks in (which doesn’t happen if in full screen mode ). I was interested to see you have a similar issue with TV bro. It’s pretty annoying, since I’ve never had this problem up until the first USG game. Looks like we may need a new browser. There used to be problems with Silk, due to the white bar. So I changed to Firefox a while back. Then they discontinued Firefox for Firestick, so I can changed to TVBro. Looks like I’ll need to find another browser to use for RTV.

That's similar to what I had although I could see about 80% of the screen, the top was cut off and there was a black bar along the bottom. I tried to watch the preview show using TVBro last night but I got the white bar which hasn't happened before.

I always watch the live games using Silk. I only get the white bar on there when watching other content that's on demand. I'm watching the game on Silk right now and it's fine.

Tried my nord vpn out today,and surprisingly I managed to get the game without to many hiccups,
all down to your bumper thread VB,much obliged,cheers for the assist.

I went to watch the full match re-run from yesterday, only to find it still wasn't available on RangersTV for UK viewers. Normally comes up around midnight on the day of the match, albeit in very poor quality at first. It wasn't there - only the placeholder for yesterdays live broadcast which, when I tried to play it, gave me the 'unauthorised country' message. That's pretty poor from RangersTV.

Anyways, I decided to use my VPN to go to The Netherlands and watch it from there. Went to the placeholder screen for yesterdays live broadcast and played it, only to once again get the 'unauthorised country' message. Even though, when checking the location of my IP Address it was coming up as The Netherlands. Eventually got it to play after clearing cache/cookies and then refreshing three times. Moral of the story, I guess, is that RangersTV (and other websites may be the same, I've no idea) seems to cling onto the cookies from your last visit a wee bit longer than ideal. So if you find you are struggling, clear cache/cookies and then try a simple screen Refresh or two (or three) to see if it sorts it out.

Hopefully the full match comes available to UK viewers soon.

EDIT: And at 2045hrs the day after the game the Full Match is still not available to UK subscribers. Very poor.

EDIT 2: Full match finally available within UK on Monday morning. Let’s hope this is the new ‘normal’.

Last edited:
I went to watch the full match re-run from yesterday, only to find it still wasn't available on RangersTV for UK viewers. Normally comes up around midnight on the day of the match, albeit in very poor quality at first. It wasn't there - only the placeholder for yesterdays live broadcast which, when I tried to play it, gave me the 'unauthorised country' message. That's pretty poor from RangersTV.

Anyways, I decided to use my VPN to go to The Netherlands and watch it from there. Went to the placeholder screen for yesterdays live broadcast and played it, only to once again get the 'unauthorised country' message. Even though, when checking the location of my IP Address it was coming up as The Netherlands. Eventually got it to play after clearing cache/cookies and then refreshing three times. Moral of the story, I guess, is that RangersTV (and other websites may be the same, I've no idea) seems to cling onto the cookies from your last visit a wee bit longer than ideal. So if you find you are struggling, clear cache/cookies and then try a simple screen Refresh or two (or three) to see if it sorts it out.

Same message I was getting yesterday. Good to know that a bit of persistence will fix it.

EDIT: And at 2045hrs the day after the game the Full Match is still not available to UK subscribers. Very poor.

EDIT 2: Full match finally available within UK on Monday morning. Let’s hope this is the new ‘normal’.
I have a £6 monthly sub to Rangers TV primarily to watch the full re-runs of the non-televised games, it’s pretty easy to avoid the scores down here especially since my Timmy next door neighbour moved to Devon.

Gave up on waiting for the St Johnstone game to be available around 11AM yesterday.

Like others have mentioned on here it’s a minefield trying to navigate RTV without finding out the score.

Don’t get me wrong a monthly sub for £6 is exceptional value.

I’d also have thought the two issues I’ve mentioned are an easy fix and RTV could give a firm commitment as to what time the re-runs would be available from.

Sadly, RTV seem to have made a conscious decision to avoid any emails they receive.

It seems the policy which people might recognise from other Club departments is “you’re welcome to purchase goods or services from us but don’t be expecting any explanation or apology should we fail to provide the goods or services that you’ve paid for”

I have a £6 monthly sub to Rangers TV primarily to watch the full re-runs of the non-televised games, it’s pretty easy to avoid the scores down here especially since my Timmy next door neighbour moved to Devon.

Gave up on waiting for the St Johnstone game to be available around 11AM yesterday.

Like others have mentioned on here it’s a minefield trying to navigate RTV without finding out the score.

Don’t get me wrong a monthly sub for £6 is exceptional value.

I’d also have thought the two issues I’ve mentioned are an easy fix and RTV could give a firm commitment as to what time the re-runs would be available from.

Sadly, RTV seem to have made a conscious decision to avoid any emails they receive.

It seems the policy which people might recognise from other Club departments is “you’re welcome to purchase goods or services from us but don’t be expecting any explanation or apology should we fail to provide the goods or services that you’ve paid for”
You posted a link previously as a way to avoid the score and go direct to the Full Match mate. I did try it - but it doesn’t work.:( Just took me to Killie game. Back to the drawing board. Not sure there is a way to avoid it as things stand, which is a shame for guys like you.

The delay on the St J game until this morning was astonishing. Never seen it take that long. Sometimes a bit late but never that late. On a brighter note at least it was in 1080p as soon as it went up.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back