The Manager

Tito

May well be in a minority here but I don't think Pedro can take much flak for that loss. The only questionable decision was to play Pena behind Morelos but I and many others were screaming for him to play ahead of Miller and the manager obliged. Miller came on and did just as an inept job at controlling Brown. I saw one poster say Holt should have started but you'd have gotten better results throwing my cat in to man mark brown than Holt. We were missing both our left backs and our marquee centre half. Hodson was poor but who else was going to play there?

Losing to those bastards hurts but I thought we did ok up until the second goal. Our heads didn't drop after the first, as they did constantly under MW. We just don't have a good enough or deep enough squad and you can't replace an entire team and bolster with quality in one window. We don't have the resources. We are still one cb, one fb, a winger and a creative attacking mid away at least.

Some people on the match thread clearly don't understand just what we've been through the last 5 years. All the while they have stockpiled cash and are routinely taking in CL money.

As I said, this hurts, but it isn't as bad as last season. Progress is being made, slowly but surely. We won't win the league but we knew that anyway. We will however cut the points gap and come second. Of that I can be sure

Pedro has improved us, whether some people want to admit it or not. But there is still a long way to go before we are properly competitive again, probably 2 transfer windows.

My gripe for today is how easily we give away possession, time after time we give the ball away far too cheaply/

My gripe for today is how easily we give away possession, time after time we give the ball away far too cheaply/
Which is down to the individual, the manager can only give instructions to his players but some on here will blame the manager for losing possession

Agree with this, Mcrorie was excellent in Alves absence but we definitely need better quality at left and right back and left wing. We are close but still lacking just a wee bit.

At least he will have a better perspective of the kind of people he needs to bring in during the next 2 windows.
Was a bit disappointed with Pena as was expecting him to be a bit harder and thought in general they gave them too much space and didn't press hard enough to win the ball back.

May well be in a minority here but I don't think Pedro can take much flak for that loss. The only questionable decision was to play Pena behind Morelos but I and many others were screaming for him to play ahead of Miller and the manager obliged. Miller came on and did just as an inept job at controlling Brown. I saw one poster say Holt should have started but you'd have gotten better results throwing my cat in to man mark brown than Holt. We were missing both our left backs and our marquee centre half. Hodson was poor but who else was going to play there?

Losing to those bastards hurts but I thought we did ok up until the second goal. Our heads didn't drop after the first, as they did constantly under MW. We just don't have a good enough or deep enough squad and you can't replace an entire team and bolster with quality in one window. We don't have the resources. We are still one cb, one fb, a winger and a creative attacking mid away at least.

Some people on the match thread clearly don't understand just what we've been through the last 5 years. All the while they have stockpiled cash and are routinely taking in CL money.

As I said, this hurts, but it isn't as bad as last season. Progress is being made, slowly but surely. We won't win the league but we knew that anyway. We will however cut the points gap and come second. Of that I can be sure
Couldn’t agree more. Played the same team I would have started. If that Morelos header goes in at 0-1 it could have been different as we were having a decent spell. Second goal killed it.

Was it a penalty first half on Morelos. I thought it looked a stonewaller at the game but didn’t have the best of views.

Hardly blame the manager for our injuries,saying that the young lad McCrorie did really well,but left back injuries really done us,Hodson was a really bad for us but we had nobody else

Couldn’t agree more. Played the same team I would have started. If that Morelos header goes in at 0-1 it could have been different as we were having a decent spell. Second goal killed it.

Was it a penalty first half on Morelos. I thought it looked a stonewaller at the game but didn’t have the best of views.

Stonewall. Even walker and commons said so on Sky. If that is given and brown is off for the elbow then it's a different game

It's always hard to take but compared to last season there definitely is improvement, hopefully it all clicks soon but people need to be patient.

Look at there bench compared to ours.

Sadly money talks, he has closed the gap and had we had a bit of luck (defending at 1st goal) and a stronger refereeing decision things could have been different.

It is what it is, the target is still to finish 2nd and hopefully secure a cup in my eyes.

With 3/4 of our defence out today was always going to be difficult. I don't blame the manager or any single player, we just lacked desire in the 2nd half IMO. We all wanted Pena to play and we got that, not a great game for him, not sure of he is just rusty or simply not good enough, or maybe just caught up in the occasion (understandable i guess, probably the biggest game he has ever played in).

Morelos could have caused lots of problems... if only he stayed onside!! School boy basics there tbh.

We got the result i think we all honestly expected, however we DID improve over last season so that is a plus. Even if it is hard to take.

Hard task for him today given the players he had available

I personally don't see him lasting the season.......he is one loss (from one of Provincial sides) from losing the majority of the fans again. Failure to beat Thistle over two games is a big concern.

His signings probably had to hit the ground running this season, it's fair to say that Morales and Jack apart they haven't. IMO tactically he his pretty nieve and from a motivational side we seem pretty flat too

Excellent post mate as you said people need to look to where we were 5 years ago WE'LL SUPPORT YOU EVERMORE .We will get there if we keep supporting NO SURRENDER EVER

You’ve said it all here mate, should have read this before starting my thread.

I hate the blame we throw out at our players and manager.

We just aren’t at their level yet but look what happened to us over the past few years.

That would kill most clubs but not us, we just need to be a bit more patient unfortunately

Don't be so patronising. Everyone knows full well what we have been through.
He has signed 11 players. Some of whom cannot even get on the bench.
Yes we have a long road back. The manager should have made sure everyone of those players was up for it today.
Quite simply we weren't. He was the manager in the last game against them. Not getting any fight from the team today is the managers responsibility. He signed them and decided who to keep. He carries the can.

I tend to agree he had his work cut out today and as much as they were the dominant team it was a better and closer fought thing at times.

What he needs now though is a very good run of results or he is in serious trouble.

I don’t think that our manager did much wrong today, all up our players are just not as good as celtics.

Until we can afford decent players we are doomed to be second best in this country.

If it doesn’t look like we can manage to be second best then Pedro has to go, but only then.

Back