The old lie that never dies

mdingwall

Administrator
The cover story that Parkhead has been sectarian free has been around for at least 40 years - I recall as a student being told that "it's just a few guys in the Jungle that keep it going".

Detail, denial, denial. But your ears do not deceive you.

This piece is from the Irish Times in 1999.

The cover story that Parkhead has been sectarian free has been around for at least 40 years - I recall as a student being told that "it's just a few guys in the Jungle that keep it going".

Detail, denial, denial. But your ears do not deceive you.

This piece is from the Irish Times in 1999.

About 60 years at a league match the bigotry in jungle was coming from my grandfather… with his red white and blue scarf on. His father in law had invited him (big mistake) and ‘pops’ turned up pished and spent the full 90 singing the Sash.

He wasn’t invited back.

Old family story, if true not sure how he got out without having to fight his way out…

About 60 years at a league match the bigotry in jungle was coming from my grandfather… with his red white and blue scarf on. His father in law had invited him (big mistake) and ‘pops’ turned up pished and spent the full 90 singing the Sash.

He wasn’t invited back.

Old family story, if true not sure how he got out without having to fight his way out…

I reckon that is as about as true as the Graham Spiers's version of a similar thing.

He wasn’t invited back.

I think “pops” talketh toley in all honesty.

He wouldn’t make it past Billy McNeil’s first raised arm claiming offside never mind 90 minutes.

Back