The Penalty Should Have Been Retaken.

Shit like this just rips my knitting. So you agree he WAS off his line then..?

It doesn't matter how far off he was. If he's off his line then he's off his line FFS!
Remember that the next time McGregor saves a penalty for us because no doubt he will have been off his line.

The 'Foster was off his line' argument is nit picking at its finest.

We need VAR in Scotland, if it at least cuts out 50% of the mistakes made by officials then I am all for it.

Goal wouldn't have stood, I believe we would've had 2 penalties possibly 3, penalty miss would've been retaken due to the keeper being 2 yards off his line.

Tbh I don’t think he is that far off his line. All keepers do it and get away with it.

Was a piss poor penalty.

There are a lot of penalties being retaken in the English premiership due to keepers being off their line and encroachment, so doesn't matter how far off his line he was, it should still have been a retake,

I think that his right foot is only marginally off his line. It happens all the time and nothing gets done. VAR would change this as every goal is checked.

the one at the woman’s World Cup was only checked because it was a goal.

I think that his right foot is only marginally off his line. It happens all the time and nothing gets done. VAR would change this as every goal is checked.

the one at the woman’s World Cup was only checked because it was a goal.
That would be down to the spfl. The epl don’t use var to check of a keeper comes off his line and saves it.

That would be down to the spfl. The epl don’t use var to check of a keeper comes off his line and saves it.

Sorry I should have been clearer. You are correct. After the world cup they announced they wouldn’t be checking that.

I was meaning generally they check every goal.

In other games we‘ll have fewer chances and perhaps still win.

Such are the quirks of football.

However, we can’t go into matches accepting that critical decisions will always run against us.

If the boot had been on the other foot, the media would have a field day talking about a grave injustice.
I agree. The referee's mistakes cannot be excused by saying oh well, we had enough chances to win, we didn't take them, it's our own fault. That might be true if playing Motherwell, Hibs etc. But not a capable team like Celtic. When teams are evenly matched it's crucial the referee gets big calls right. Celtic won thanks to his mistakes.
We'll hear nothing in the media over Collum's grave errors. Of course had the shoe been on the other foot then Celtic's media poodles would be gnashing their teeth, and we wouldn't hear the end of it for weeks. Double standards are so bad in Scotland we've just come to accept them.

Clutching at staws here, it was a shite penalty by a striker who couldn't buy a goal against the filth. Blame lays firmly at the feet of our players.

Remember that the next time McGregor saves a penalty for us because no doubt he will have been off his line.

Sorry but what the fuck are you on about..? We're talking about something which actually happened. Not some hypothetical scenario involving our own keeper.

Should McGregor save a penalty at some unspecified time in the future by being off his line then that should be retaken as well.

Clutching at staws here, it was a shite penalty by a striker who couldn't buy a goal against the filth. Blame lays firmly at the feet of our players.
A shite penalty that the keeper broke the rules to save, and and a clear offside goal that shouldn't have stood, and a stonewall penalty not given .That mob were never in the game the Officials handed them it on a plate regardless how good or bad we played.

Let’s stop looking at technicalities and look at the fundamentals. We had enough chances to win 3 games today. We created more chances than the 2-0 and 1-0 wins against the poets at Ibrox last year. Celtic offside from their goal and yes goalie off his line at the pen, but does it change how poor we were in front of goal today? To blame the officials is just mental. Won’t go down well
Good point. Apart from the fact of course that poor officiating DID actually cost us the game. How the fuck can anyone deny that..?

Again, pish.

The only goal in a 1-0 loss shouldn’t have stood, of course they cost us the game.
I cannot believe how stupid someone has to be to not recognise that we actually lost the game to an offside goal. Or that if given 3 penalties the likelihood is that we are bound to score at least one.

Good point. Apart from the fact of course that poor officiating DID actually cost us the game. How the fuck can anyone deny that..?
Where do you start mate, its correct if we buried our chances we should have won the Cup very handsomely, but they won the Cup by benefiting from 3 game changing decisions by the Officials that is factual.

Sorry but what the fuck are you on about..? We're talking about something which actually happened. Not some hypothetical scenario involving our own keeper.

Should McGregor save a penalty at some unspecified time in the future by being off his line then that should be retaken as well.
My point is McGregor HAS and will make WILL make penalty saves where he is off his line. Every keeper does.

I can't remember the last one he saved but he was off his line when he saved it against Maribor last season and no doubt any others he saved in between (if any).

I knew Forster would save his penalty.
You didn't. You only felt that he would. Just because he did save it doesn't mean you knew what was going to happen a few seconds into the future. What you thought the outcome would be had a 50% chance of happening anyway. All that happened is you guessed right.

Absolutely correct, he was a yard off his line. Then again the linesman couldn't see the blatant offisde for Celtic's 'goal'. Notice how they chose the usual suspects for big games like Collum and Clansey, it stinks. All in all though we played well and were a bit unlucky in front of goal, I am very optimistic for our game v Young Boys.

The penalty should have been taken - if Celtic's referees were capable of doing their job. Which they very much are not.

Bollocks.
He's off his line.
The laws of the game state it should be a re-take. Matters not a %^*& about other games and it happening in them.

There’s a linesman that we get, who used to run a CSC Bus, every time the chap sitting next to me at Ibrox, does his nut, how can the linesman be unbiased?

You know what's gonna happen now.
Celtic will get a penalty against a team (probably us). The keeper will save and ref will order a retake which they will then score (bookmark this)

Think there was a save in the Dunfermline game at the weekend. Keeper saved. Kick had to be retaken. Lad then cored....so refs are watching for it (apparently)!

In other games we‘ll have fewer chances and perhaps still win.

Such are the quirks of football.

However, we can’t go into matches accepting that critical decisions will always run against us.

If the boot had been on the other foot, the media would have a field day talking about a grave injustice.
The old turn the other cheek banter eh

I’ve just watched the highlights on STV and noticed that after deflecting the ball from el buffalo, the ball appeared to be passed back from their defender to the goalie. Clutching at straws, but looks like another get out of jail free card. Have I got this wrong ?

I’ve just watched the highlights on STV and noticed that after deflecting the ball from el buffalo, the ball appeared to be passed back from their defender to the goalie. Clutching at straws, but looks like another get out of jail free card. Have I got this wrong ?
How long after the kick? Straight away it goes out of the box after a bit of a bouncing off a load of legs, then Arfield gets booked for a lunge.

Can understand what you are saying but we has plenty off opportunities to win the game .you are now putting our lose down to just the ref and lines men when it was a mixture of both the officials and our inability to score with numerous chances we had.
It makes no difference how many chances a team misses, the rules should be applied evenly and without favour. At what point do you think a team should have the rules removed, after 4 missed chances 5 missed chances 6? no I didn't think you thought that would be right so why doesn't being cheated out of at least one more penalty or having to suffer an illegal goal count. I agree we should have been out of site by the time these incidents occurred, but had the rules been applied we would not have been playing catch up and could possibly been ahead from another penalty.

It makes no difference how many chances a team misses, the rules should be applied evenly and without favour. At what point do you think a team should have the rules removed, after 4 missed chances 5 missed chances 6? no I didn't think you thought that would be right so why doesn't being cheated out of at least one more penalty or having to suffer an illegal goal count. I agree we should have been out of site by the time these incidents occurred, but had the rules been applied we would not have been playing catch up and could possibly been ahead from another penalty.
Mate you really need to read all my posts on the subject I have mentioned the ref and lines man's decisions numerous times.

Back