The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect it to be completed this week if not then we defintely need to sell first before we can buy.

Sounds like Aribo will be going with a bidding war taking place for him so that money will hopefully be used to get quality into first11
Aribo has a 10m escape clause in his contract.

Surely that can’t be correct?

I thought H&H hinted he’d have a smallish budget of maybe £6-8m?

If he can’t bring anyone in until we sell it hints that despite the huge financial success of our European run and with fans back in the stadium we’re still in a perilous position, which is really concerning.

Not to mention Bisgrove confirming a record breaking commercial arm - which has gone up from £11m to £29m.

Did H&H confirm where they got the confidential details of one of our players contracts?

Would love to know how they can 'confirm' that.
The obvious answer would be that the club has passed that info onto them, as a media partner.

Perhaps the club think it’s better to advise fans why will likely get a ‘lesser’ fee for him than he probably merits, or maybe they just felt it was a decent bit of info to share with them.

Not sure, but either way you’d imagine someone at the club has told them.

Did H&H confirm where they got the confidential details of one of our players contracts.

Would love to know how they can 'confirm' that.
Be a bit strange if they came out and said such and such told us this...not really how these things work is it? They won't be reporting it unless they have had it confirmed by someone at the club and a buy out clause in someones contract isn't usually a big secret otherwise what's the point in it being there?

Botheim links have gone mysteriously quiet. He seemed too perfect for us to not be into the idea, I wonder if Wilson has him tied up already and we're holding out for an announcement on a specific day.... or he's already away to someone else.
He's not signed for anyone.

I assume he will soon. I doubt he wants to be unemployed for too long. I'd be worried about something happening and actually having to work for a living for the rest of my life.

I don't think he's contract situation is very clear. In normal circumstances you can't just walk out on a contract. I'd have thought the Russian club would be looking for compensation from him or a new club. They'll have to go to CAS for that, but surely can't be as straightforward as it's been made out.

Patterson and Gerrard cash flow was already used to plug in the gap in the cash flows last season.

Sponsorship figures are just sales. Revenue and cash flow from those sales may not hit the books and club all at once especially if the deals are multi-year deals.

We just came out of the really dark times the last two years financially and those gaps were narrowly plugged by investors. IF they are smart, they will avoid dancing on a razor's edge financially and be prudent on transfer spending unless we sell.
I don’t know. The mentally challengeds always say we’re skint. I thought it was Bollocks but FF seems like it’s true.

Be a bit strange if they came out and said such and such told us this...not really how these things work is it? They won't be reporting it unless they have had it confirmed by someone at the club and a buy out clause in someones contract isn't usually a big secret otherwise what's the point in it being there?
For me, that kind of info would be more likely to be leaked from the Aribo camp. His agent basically.

Not the club.

He's not signed for anyone.

I assume he will soon. I doubt he wants to be unemployed for too long. I'd be worried about something happening and actually having to work for a living for the rest of my life.

I don't think he's contract situation is very clear. In normal circumstances you can't just walk out on a contract. I'd have thought the Russian club would be looking for compensation from him or a new club. They'll have to go to CAS for that, but surely can't be as straightforward as it's been made out.
I have thought about this already, he'd be a great signing but would it potentially get messy? Would we or the player end up in court? If that's a possibility then maybe he'd be best avoided

Surely that can’t be correct?

I thought H&H hinted he’d have a smallish budget of maybe £6-8m?

If he can’t bring anyone in until we sell it hints that despite the huge financial success of our European run and with fans back in the stadium we’re still in a perilous position, which is really concerning.
Don’t forgot the outgoings, and potential outgoings. See post #224 mate.

I have thought about this already, he'd be a great signing but would it potentially get messy? Would we or the player end up in court? If that's a possibility then maybe he'd be best avoided
We love the courts though.

No way a club is happy to just let £7m just disappear without a fight.

It would end up setting a precedent for similar cases, which would be an interesting step from CAS.

I can't believe the board would sit down and say something along the lines of " oooo we better let fan media know about the imminent sale of aribo so that they can break it to general support lightly , I'm too scared to tell them myself,they are going to be distraught"
Surely to fck that's not how things are done.
It's Rangers. We don't often do things in the most professional manner, especially when it comes to PR.

We love the courts though.

No way a club is happy to just let £7m just disappear without a fight.

It would end up setting a precedent for similar cases, which would be an interesting step from CAS.
We'd be fine to sign him On a free. The majority of foreign and Russian players are terminating their contracts. It would be different id imagine if it was just one or 3 players leaving but fifa and uefa have sanctioned the move so there's nothing that can come back and bite us on the arse if we signed botheim

We'd be fine to sign him On a free. The majority of foreign and Russian players are terminating their contracts. It would be different id imagine if it was just one or 3 players leaving but fifa and uefa have sanctioned the move so there's nothing that can come back and bite us on the arse if we signed botheim
Last I heard they sanctioned temporary moves until 30th of June.

I imagine there's still legal arguments between the player and the club. That's probably why he hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Maybe the club are putting it out there so the fans don't think we are selling ourselves short once he's sold for the agreed buy out. It's obviously came from the club if H&H are reporting it.
This will be the case. It’s to pre empt the “they got x amount for their player but we only got £10m for Joe”.

Apparently Notts Forest, Palace and Fulham want him so surely highest bidder wins that clause is just a starting point for the bidding!

Release clauses dont work like that unfortunately.

The clause will be activated then the club/s will have permission to discuss terms with the player.

Player then decides which club he wants to go to.

Can we add a sell on fee to the deal? Or is it juat a case of 10 mil upfront and hes away we cant add anything to it?

Don’t forgot the outgoings, and potential outgoings. See post #224 mate.
I’ve said much the same before regarding costs most fans rarely seem to factor into their thinking, but all the same, if it really was as the poster suggested and Gio wasn’t going to be able to buy until he sold then that would be a huge worry given we’re talking about a record turnover for the season just past.

For what it’s worth I’m fairly sanguine about it all at the minute and still think we will bring in two or three players even if no one else leaves.

If Aribo's release clause is 10m then what happens if there's say 2/3 clubs after him? Does bidding start at 10m or is it a case of who Aribo decides to join for the 10m release fee.
The 2 or 3 clubs all bid 10 million and then are given permission to speak to Aribo. It's then down to who gives him the best deal. We will not get a penny more than the buyout no matter how many clubs are interested

Can we add a sell on fee to the deal? Or is it juat a case of 10 mil upfront and hes away we cant add anything to it?
Not sure anyone knows the answer to that mate except for people close to the original signed deal.

Hope so though.

I’ve said much the same before regarding costs most fans rarely seem to factor into their thinking, but all the same, if it really was as the poster suggested and Gio wasn’t going to be able to buy until he sold then that would be a huge worry given we’re talking about a record turnover for the season just past.

For what it’s worth I’m fairly sanguine about it all at the minute and still think we will bring in two or three players even if no one else leaves.
I still think we will spend up to £10m regardless of any outgoings. Like you, I’m far from panic-mode yet.:)

Not sure anyone knows the answer to that mate except for people close to the original signed deal.

Hope so though.
If the buy out is 10 million then why would anyone offer us a sell on? Once the buy out is met we can't refuse the player permission to speak to the club. The buying club would literally be throwing away future income by inserting a sell on clause when they don't have to. We will only get the agreed buy out nothing else.

Ivanic is an attacking midfielder, proper box to box midfielders who score goals will be out of our price range.
100%. Ivanic impressed me but he’s playing as an attacking player in a league where the difference between Red Star and the rest is enormous. He’s not signed as a box to box player and I would really be surprised if an economically bigger club comes chapping at the door for him.

Unless we are going two up top then he’s not replacing Morelos in the team. If we sell Morelos, we need a replacement for him. Is Čolak that man - I’m not so sure?
I don’t know enough about him.

But everyone just seems to think he will be a back up.

Maybe the management see him as a replacement for Morelos.

Maybe they see him as a partner for Morelos.

Who knows

Is Aribo actually going or does it fall into the same bracket as the removal vans were outside Goldsons house
I'd put my house on Aribo leaving in this window.

Personally, although gutted to see him leave as he is a great talent, I have accepted that he will move on this summer.

It is what it is.

Anything above the 10 million buy out will go straight to the player and his agent so there will be a bidding war or sorts just that it will be for the benefit of the player

I’d be very surprised if we never had a replacement, or even 2, lined up. The club will know he is for the off and we will know how much cash we will get and plan accordingly.
Sure we will have a list just not sure we will be that far along with negotiations until we get Aribos cash in.

Unless we are going two up top then he’s not replacing Morelos in the team. If we sell Morelos, we need a replacement for him. Is Čolak that man - I’m not so sure?
Frightening if Colak will be our main striker next season

If we sell Morelos I’d expect a premium replacement. But we would probably get Ross Stewart

I still think we will spend up to £10m regardless of any outgoings. Like you, I’m far from panic-mode yet.:)
Im not too far away from this either although for me big joe is 100% away so i think around £6-8 million is our budget then approx half of any sales depending on what gvb needs.

I dont want to lose joe but last year of his deal and wont extend then we need to sell.

Kamara is a top wee player but arguably he is one of our top sellable assists and for me would be less of a loss than kent or alfredo(know he has 3 years left)

Borna is the other first teamer i would look to move on, i know a lot think we should be asking for more but realistically i would take anything north of £3million.

As well as a striker and right winger/sided attacker i would look to bring in.

Replacement for joe aribo.
Box to box midfielder(i know we are heavy in this area)
Attacking left back(possibly tymon from stoke?

Would obviously look to replace helander/katic/roofe if we move them on.

Try to free up some wages with getting rid of some in squad not contributing/reduced contracts for 3 seniors resigned might also help and persuade kent/buff to extend for 2 years ideally.

Fm loyal i know :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back