The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the buy out is 10 million then why would anyone offer us a sell on? Once the buy out is met we can't refuse the player permission to speak to the club. The buying club would literally be throwing away future income by inserting a sell on clause when they don't have to. We will only get the agreed buy out nothing else.
Unless a selll on was included as part of the buy out clause?

Can we add a sell on fee to the deal? Or is it juat a case of 10 mil upfront and hes away we cant add anything to it?
We can and I would assume have done, or have scope to negotiate in tandem with Joe with his chosen club. Nobody will know, other than Rangers and Aribo (plus advisors)

If the buy out is 10 million then why would anyone offer us a sell on? Once the buy out is met we can't refuse the player permission to speak to the club. The buying club would literally be throwing away future income by inserting a sell on clause when they don't have to. We will only get the agreed buy out nothing else.
Hence why i said unless that is in the original contract when we signed him from charlton and agreed the release clause.

On the box-to-box midfielder suggestions - do people think Gio wants to set up with one? I'm not convinced by that.

Feels to me like having Lundstram and Jack, or whomever is picked, sitting so the full backs can be freed up is what we've decided to go with. Essentially, our goalscoring midfielder is Tavernier.

On the box-to-box midfielder suggestions - do people think Gio wants to set up with one? I'm not convinced by that.

Feels to me like having Lundstram and Jack, or whomever is picked, sitting so the full backs can be freed up is what we've decided to go with. Essentially, our goalscoring midfielder is Tavernier.
I don’t think it’s a box to box midfielder we need more one who can see a pass that others can’t or better still get one who can do both

Very valid point strider and one i have moved back and forth in my pwn head.

It might be a good option in the squad, for harder to break down games and even taking into account how gvb does seem to like to have the ability to switch between formations.

Will be interesting how gio decides to reshape the squad if there is 2 or 3 first team squad departures

I don’t think it’s a box to box midfielder we need more one who can see a pass that others can’t or better still get one who can do both
If we sell/lose aribo and kamara gio may decide we need both.

Agree with you on the player you describe though

Unless the terms of the clause state £10M plus 10% sell on. We can't say for sure.

What happens if Tavernier gets a bad injury?

I still feel we need a bit of creativity and goals from midfield/wide - whether that’s CM or out on the right.

Preferably both.

Aye that's a fair point, although we do argue we didn't get enough goals from Kent or wide positions in general last season.
Yeah.

That’s a more pressing issue for me.

Kent in particular needs to score more, our three creators need to be scoring 7/8 at least and assisting more than that. Ideally double digits for both.

Off the top of my head in 20/21

Hagi: 7 goals 15 assists
Kent: 12 goals 13 assists
Aribo: 8 goals 7 assists.

They’re the kind of numbers they need to produce, in addition to Tav who registers an insane amount from right back

A first choice right attacker is the only area I think is of ‘major’ importance, to be honest.

What happens if Tavernier gets a bad injury?

I still feel we need a bit of creativity and goals from midfield/wide - whether that’s CM or out on the right.

Preferably both.

That's something we'd have to adjust to, but that's the case no matter what big player you lose - see how we dealt with Morelos this past season for example.

We talk about the numbers a lot but we don't factor in the influence Tavernier has there as compared to any other side and their right back. We're set up in a way that tries to make as much of that as we can.

And if he gets injured, we'll change it.

When we curtailed the full backs a bit, it saw us get more out of Aribo, but we changed from that I felt.

GVB should also be questioning not just transfers coming in but the contract situation as a whole at the club as come the end of August Kent, Aribo & Morelos are basically worth nothing in terms of resale value and clubs will know this.

Ross Wilson feels comfortable about that situation which says it all about the mentality at the club right now.

We have not paid any real money for a player in two years now and are around 8 weeks or so away from watching £40m worth of players lose all value and yet some think we have some kind of secret master plan at work?

I dread to think what bids we might take for the above players in the final few days of the window as panic sets in unless our DOF actually does something this summer.

You’re allowing your perception of Ross Wilson to cloud your opinion. Unless you live in a social sphere of his you have no idea what Wilson has been or is doing. Pure conjecture.

As said at the weekend, just because someone is relaxed doesn’t mean they are happy with the outcome. Just that they know they can’t alter it.

Its utterly bizarre how much weight is being given to one statement.

Would he have been better saying “fuckin heeds doon bears, this is going to be a fûckin nightmare summer?”

Yeah.

Kent in particular needs to score more, our three creators need to be scoring 7/8 at least and assisting more than that. Ideally double digits for both.

They’re the kind of numbers they need to produce, in addition to Tav who registers an insane amount from right back

A first choice right attacker is the only area I think is of ‘major’ importance, to be honest.

They all played as central no 10s that season.

Gio sent Kent back out to the touchline this season, and he didn't play much before Gio came in.

Yeah.

Hagi's stats from that season was pretty good considering he was in & out the team. He can be frustrating at times but would love to see him get a run of games as a 10. I think he would suprise alot of people.

They all played as central no 10s that season.

Gio sent Kent back out to the touchline this season, and he didn't play much before Gio came in.
I know mate, and have used that as an argument for his creativity improving, but goal scoring declining.

Regardless though, he should score more goals.

Hagi's stats from that season was pretty good considering he was in & out the team. He can be frustrating at times but would love to see him get a run of games as a 10. I think he would suprise alot of people.

I would like to see Hagi drop into the midfield as a number 8 sometimes. Particulary at home domestically. Hes got great vision and loves a forward pass. Type of guy that can open up a defence and get us goals by getting into the box.

Can easily sacrifice a true midfielder for Hagi against most teams at home in the league.

Why would any team bid above the rumoured £10m buyout clause?
They will pay us the 10 million but the player reps will be adding million to his sign on free and playing each interested club against each other so if Villa go 12 million that’s 10 to us 2 to the player and if palace go to13 that’s still 10 to us and 3 to the player.

Villareal linked to Morelos now.

Just when you thought it was safe to mention Alfredo Morelos again, new speculation has emerged linking Villarreal with an interest in the Rangers icon.

The 2021 Europa League winners, the yellow submarines, have a prominence and an appeal which would likely resonate with the Colombian – on the back of their seventh place finish in La Liga, last season.

Following on from the much heralded links to Sevilla, now Marca has stated that a familiar opponent has come into contention:

“Alfredo Morelos, between Sevilla and Villarreal? The Colombian is the target of two of the important teams in La Liga, although Premier League clubs are also bidding hard to get his services”

“But very close in the forecasts appear two teams from the noble zone of Spanish football. Monchi (Sevilla DoF) has set his sights on the Colombian striker, who could follow in the footsteps of Luis Muriel or Carlos Bacca. Unai Emery’s Yellow Submarine also has Morelos in its portfolio. It is the third on the list.”

Credibility

As that last line relates to, this speculation comes in terms of betting odds in Spain so that has to be taken into consideration as much as the interest can’t immediately be ruled out.

In terms of making headlines and mentions in the Spanish press, why would there be such a focus on a player based in Scotland without substance. The apparent interest from Sevilla, whilst it hasn’t yet resulted in a bid at Ibrox, continues to grow.

Recent talk of €8 million for Alfredo Morelos won’t be entertained by Rangers chiefs, especially if dealing with prominent Spanish clubs. The truth will emerge soon enough.

I know mate, and have used that as an argument for his creativity improving, but goal scoring declining.

Regardless though, he should score more goals.

Its pretty clear the difference when you look back at highlights of that season. The positions he gets on the ball are far better goal scoring positions and he is often able to get a shot on his left foot, rather than coming in on his right.

He should have scored more last season, agreed. Some poor poor effort.s

Just when you thought it was safe to mention Alfredo Morelos again, new speculation has emerged linking Villarreal with an interest in the Rangers icon.

The 2021 Europa League winners, the yellow submarines, have a prominence and an appeal which would likely resonate with the Colombian – on the back of their seventh place finish in La Liga, last season.

Following on from the much heralded links to Sevilla, now Marca has stated that a familiar opponent has come into contention:

“Alfredo Morelos, between Sevilla and Villarreal? The Colombian is the target of two of the important teams in La Liga, although Premier League clubs are also bidding hard to get his services”

“But very close in the forecasts appear two teams from the noble zone of Spanish football. Monchi (Sevilla DoF) has set his sights on the Colombian striker, who could follow in the footsteps of Luis Muriel or Carlos Bacca. Unai Emery’s Yellow Submarine also has Morelos in its portfolio. It is the third on the list.”

Credibility

As that last line relates to, this speculation comes in terms of betting odds in Spain so that has to be taken into consideration as much as the interest can’t immediately be ruled out.

In terms of making headlines and mentions in the Spanish press, why would there be such a focus on a player based in Scotland without substance. The apparent interest from Sevilla, whilst it hasn’t yet resulted in a bid at Ibrox, continues to grow.

Recent talk of €8 million for Alfredo Morelos won’t be entertained by Rangers chiefs, especially if dealing with prominent Spanish clubs. The truth will emerge soon enough.
Alfie deserves a better stage than Villarreal.

Hard for me to take the rumours about Morelos leaving seriously.

Every season since he’s been here there’s been stories in the press about him leaving and iirc the only offer received was from Lille and they were chased. Not to say he isn’t on teams radars but the media just seem to throw shit at the wall and hope sooner or later it sticks.

Credibility

They’ve just signed the guy Morales from Levante, file under pish.

Alfie deserves better than the team who won the Europa League two seasons ago and got to the semi finals of the Champions League last season?

Will be devastated when he leaves but thinking Villareal is a bad move for him is mental
Imo yes. Shitey wee stadium.

It’s a positive as he’s get a move to a bigger Spanish club but don’t think he needs that stepping stone.

Frightening if Colak will be our main striker next season

If we sell Morelos I’d expect a premium replacement. But we would probably get Ross Stewart
Absolutely no chance IMO. We got lucky with Alfie so unless we actually have a scout somewhere who can spot a player like him I suspect we will get some average Joe. Sadly.

Every season since he’s been here there’s been stories in the press about him leaving and iirc the only offer received was from Lille and they were chased. Not to say he isn’t on teams radars but the media just seem to throw shit at the wall and hope sooner or later it sticks.
Groundhog day

He will never have a club or fan base that suit him more than us!
He plays for money mate, as 99.99% of players do.

If he was in it for the fans he’d play for his home town team.

Realistically he’ll be basing his decision on wages more than anything else and fair play to him. He came from relative poverty and has a skill that people will pay for.

Yep. No doubt once again we'll get to the end of the window and get told we've had no bids for anyone.

If you read you’ll see my explanation

What explanation? That they have a tiny stadium compared to Rangers or Barcelona? So that means if Aberdeen played in Hampden they would be a better team or bigger club than Villarreal?

To be honest Morelos would not even improve the current Villarreal side. They just threw out Bayern and Juventus from the Champions League and you think they are a stepping stone. Nah im not having that.

You’re allowing your perception of Ross Wilson to cloud your opinion. Unless you live in a social sphere of his you have no idea what Wilson has been or is doing. Pure conjecture.

As said at the weekend, just because someone is relaxed doesn’t mean they are happy with the outcome. Just that they know they can’t alter it.

Its utterly bizarre how much weight is being given to one statement.

Would he have been better saying “fuckin heeds doon bears, this is going to be a fûckin nightmare summer?”

You don't need to live in his social sphere to judge him on his record and since arriving and it's been very poor.

Also if I was the director of a company that potentially was about to lose £40m plus worth of assets I don't think comfortable is the word I'd use to describe the situation.

He doesn't have to go running around like a headless chicken or anything but you just need to look across the city and that mob always get decent money for the major players they sell even in the final 12 months of their contacts.

If Wilson strikes great deals for Kent, Morelos and Aribo then I'll admit I was wrong but I don't think he will though that's why fan media is pushing the narrative on Aribo so much recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back