Ticket prices for hampden is mental

Bet it would have been at least £10 less if there was no old firm involved. Milking the blue pound again :mad:

The ticket prices are high because they know they'll sell out 1 of the semis, and if fans of the other 2 clubs don't turn up, they'll still be quids in overall.

The question is whether semis with 4 clubs outside the OF would have their prices set at this level - the answer is no.

Ticket prices should be set at the start of the season based on the competition and stage, and not the teams.

Same applies to our club and gamea at Ibrox by the way.

As fans, we get fleeced.

Club football especially two wee teams in a semi with a chance to reach a final and European competition is so much more important than watching a crap international team of mediocrity playing with failure the only outcome. Always.

It’s funny seeing people fall over themselves to say the Falkirk/Inverness prices are too high and that game should be lower

That’s all well and good but the ticket money is split between 4 clubs. Why should rangers/Celtic fans pay more money only for all gate receipts to be split 4 ways

I wonder if Falkirk and Inverness would agree to lower prices if it meant that their gate receipts would be split 2 ways and they didn’t get any extra money from the rangers/Celtic gate receipts. I’d wager that they wouldn’t agree to this - they just moan they want lower prices but want us to pay a premium and prop up their finances

Weird that you never see these journalists moaning about us (and that mob) being rinsed every other week at away games.

We must have more money than other people in Scotland.

Same with kick off times.

I know the respective teams don't get there very often but surely they expect to be paying more for a Scottish Cup semi?

Reply from a Caley fan actually clarifies it

My ticket for the Scotland Spain game was £30, not 25.

He's just picked the cheapest from one game, the most expensive from the other and used them as a comparison haha.

The ticket prices are high because they know they'll sell out 1 of the semis, and if fans of the other 2 clubs don't turn up, they'll still be quids in overall.

The question is whether semis with 4 clubs outside the OF would have their prices set at this level - the answer is no.

Ticket prices should be set at the start of the season based on the competition and stage, and not the teams.

Same applies to our club and gamea at Ibrox by the way.

As fans, we get fleeced.
Can’t argue with that.

The other semi should be held at Tynecasrle enough capacity for both sets of fans and looks better on the telly than a 1/3 filled hampden.

everyone up here should be working together to generate the best possible outlook that people looking in see when they watch Scottish football, we can’t moan about Sh1te to deals etc when the first thing you see when a games on is a half empty stadium, theres things that could be done across the board to change this but no ones interested. when the current set up isn’t interested in changing things they can’t be surprised no ones interested in putting up good money.

Let’s face it they could charge £60 for our game v them and it would sell out
It definitely would.
£53 all in for a restricted view seat at Ibrox in the Western enclosure to see us vs them. The tickets prices don't seem too bad imo.
£28 to £38 for a semi final of the Scottish Cup seems reasonable.
Id bite your hand off for, one the ticket to see us vs them and two a ticket at that price, a bargain tbh.

I presume the semi price is because both ties need to be matched. Also, a club semi final is a far bigger event.
Yip. If we'd been kept apart in the semi, prices would have been much lower I reckon. Then we'd have been fleeced in the final!

My ticket for the Scotland Spain game was £30, not 25.

He's just picked the cheapest from one game, the most expensive from the other and used them as a comparison haha.
The guys tweet is just a pile of nonesense and quite misleading given the figures that he puts out.
I had a quick comparison on one section for Falkirk fans.
The tickets for section B West Stand for the Scotland vs Spain game is £30.
It's cheaper for the semi at £28 Section B West stand for Falkirk fans.
Other sections may vary right enough.
Not like journalists to manipulate things though is it.
Journalism is the absolute pits in this country.

Bought my tickets last night for the semi, bronze debentures £40

The other semi were the same price but looks like they are not opening the south upper

Very straightforward process as the SFA use a third part provider, I did wonder why Rangers don’t follow the same path and outsource ticketing given the multiple issues we have operating a system that is not user friendly

£25 max for an adult and £10 for a child on both games.

Then offer family discounts, 2 adults, 2 children for £40 where applicable and where available. Fill the first semi with as many neutrals as possible or do the logical thing and move it to Edinburgh.

Then offer family discounts, 2 adults, 2 children for £40 where applicable and where available. Fill the first semi with as many neutrals as possible or do the logical thing and move it to Edinburgh.
No offence mate but you're living in a fantasy land if you think they would/should offer 2 adult and 2 kids tickets for an Old Firm game for £40.

It costs £52 for one ticket to a league fixture!

Can’t speak for anyone else but I wouldn’t spend £40, as a neutral, to take my kids to the other semi.

They should really discount the other semi final but of course can't do that. Sadly they can charge us whatever they like.

No offence mate but you're living in a fantasy land if you think they would/should offer 2 adult and 2 kids tickets for an Old Firm game for £40.

I know that too well and this is the position we’re in when a national semi will be a national embarrassment.

Don’t understand why they don’t play that game at Tannadice or somewhere similar.

Games going to be on TV and played in a half empty stadium. A semi final and another fantastic advert for Scottish football. :rolleyes:

and it still costs £52 even with a reduced allocation

so much for treating them as any other side eh?

Don’t understand why they don’t play that game at Tannadice or somewhere similar.

Games going to be on TV and played in a half empty stadium. A semi final and another fantastic advert for Scottish football. :rolleyes:
Tannadice is probably too small, Falkirk will take a decent support. I agree though that Hampden is far too big for this fixture, Pittodrie or Tynecastle would've been better.

Back